Mason Rudolph...Big, accurate, mobile.strong

Why is this guy not ranked higher on the mock drafts?  I don't watch a ton of college football but his numbers are sick.  My high level "you tube scouting" that I do everytime this year, tells me nothing.  BUT seriously the dude looks amazing.  Passer rating, TDs, pick ratio and his hair is sweet too.

What is his knock or downfall?  Help me understand

I like Rudolph and from what I have seen on these boards many are fine with the Bills taking him later in round one. The Bills have talked to him a few times so he is noticed and will be considered but IMO OBD has eyes on one of the top 3, Rosen,Darnold,Mayfield.

10 minutes ago, Bustersit said:

Why is this guy not ranked higher on the mock drafts?  I don't watch a ton of college football but his numbers are sick.  My high level "you tube scouting" that I do everytime this year, tells me nothing.  BUT seriously the dude looks amazing.  Passer rating, TDs, pick ratio and his hair is sweet too.

There really isn't any knock. The worst thing people say is that he is a "system QB". But they fail to acknowledge that the "system" he ran was the most complicated in college football. He floats the ball on occasion, but he has more than enough arm to make downfield throws.

But the problem is that "mock" drafts and analysts are stuck on players that fumble a lot, have concussion background/health issues, or play in Montana most of the time (but had the good graces to have been coached by someone that once said hello to an NFL QB). 

Pay no attention to 70% completion rates, limited interceptions, and big games in Bowl competition here boys. Line yourself up for a guy that has real leadership issues instead or played his ball at USC.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

There really isn't any knock. The worst thing people say is that he is a "system QB". But they fail to acknowledge that the "system" he ran was the most complicated in college football. He floats the ball on occasion, but he has more than enough arm to make downfield throws.

But the problem is that "mock" drafts and analysts are stuck on players that fumble a lot, have concussion background/health issues, or play in Montana most of the time (but had the good graces to have been coached by someone that once said hello to an NFL QB). 

Pay no attention to 70% completion rates, limited interceptions, and big games in Bowl competition here boys. Line yourself up for a guy that has real leadership issues instead or played his ball at USC.

This post makes more sense than most of the other hogwash I’ve read about Rosen or Darnold. Everyone keeps arguing how Rosen is this “NFL Ready” QB because X, Y and Z insiders have said he is. Well those same insiders are chums with Rosen’s agent or coach. And then Twitter erupts.  Meanwhile, Rudolph shows great intelligence (like Rosen), durable (unlike Rosen) and team leader (unlike Rosen). We’ll see where this goes. 

• Like (+1) 2

Watched every game of his this season.  Throws a nice deep ball and...................

Well, that's pretty much it.  He misses easy throws.  Plays in a gimmick offense.  Average arm at best.  2nd to 3rd round pick at the earliest.

3 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

The search function is your friend

Search function doesn't help because inevitably every single topic at some point contains the words "Rudolph, Mayfield, or Taylor" in it. Tough to narrow it down.

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

He's kind of an EJ, but a little more accurate, with a little less arm strength, I think.

If he can learn the pro game, he could be very good. He'll need to get better at handling pressure.

Don't forget the tiny hands and lack of athleticism. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Search function doesn't help because inevitably every single topic at some point contains the words "Rudolph, Mayfield, or Taylor" in it. Tough to narrow it down. 

Don't forget the tiny hands and lack of athleticism. 

You can search topics titles. 

4 hours ago, Bustersit said:

Because he's just another in a long line of QBs who have come through that goofy OK State system and amounted to less than nothing in the NFL.  That's why.

See: Weeden, Brandon.  Robinson, Zac.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Detective