Would going into 2018 with Peterman & top rookie be that bad?

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:sick:

Ha, I didn't say it would be pretty...I also just dont expect the rookie to be on the bench long, if at all.  So I just dont really care about the bridge on a personal level.  I think whoever we take this draft is the one most likely going to be starting week 1 personally.  

Although AJ would be an interesting signing, just think it could be a waste of money if he is sitting on our bench behind a rookie.

Edited by Alphadawg7

If they need a veteran in locker room who is not going to play hire an assistant QB coach who has recently played.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Ha, I didn't say it would be pretty...I also just dont expect the rookie to be on the bench long, if at all.  So I just dont really care about the bridge on a personal level.  I think whoever we take this draft is the one most likely going to be starting week 1 personally.  

So you are saying the bridge is only a temporary one to be blown up as soon as possible?  Then bring some in camp who is told that they will not be on roster week 1 and get rid of the goat path bridge now.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...seriously?.....one of the worst signings ever...the guy was concussed FIVE times between Eagles and 'Zona...no noodle left......he was one hit away from Musk's Mars shot before the "mat" got 'em....

Rosen is only three behind Kolb.  But I saw two hits in High School (where I live) where he landed hard on his head. If Rosen was more mobile I would love the guy but.....  Concerned

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I forgot who I was talking to. You've never met a biased opinion you didn't like. Unless you were in the locker room you have no idea what Tyrod did or didn't do. All the evidence points to Tyrod being a consummate professional and being helpful to Nate, including interviews with the players themselves. I'll take public record over your biased opinion.  

Biased opinion? Whatever it is my opinion of him and others tend to agree.

Many already know the team threw that LA game to make sure Tyrod was brought back as the starter. Sadly some posters hold that one game against Peterman, sadly the team made sure Peterman failed bad in that game. Tyrod helped only himself, take it for whatever but Tyrod helped Tyrod and he will do the same in Cleveland. He is not a mentor.

33 minutes ago, 947 said:

I'd be OK with this, as long as the rookie is Mayfield or Rosen. The other rookies will need as much as a full season on the bench before playing, in that case, I'd like a Foles or McCarron for 2018.

This except for giving up any draft picks for Foles. 

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

This except for giving up any draft picks for Foles. 

Agree with you.. Man, Peterman is about as popular as Donald Trump at a Cinco de Mayo celebration. It was a bad move by the coaches. That being said, I think we would have lost with Tyrod behind center that day. The Chargers were playing well during that stretch

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Agree with you.. Man, Peterman is about as popular as Donald Trump at a Cinco de Mayo celebration. It was a bad move by the coaches. That being said, I think we would have lost with Tyrod behind center that day. The Chargers were playing well during that stretch

It doesn’t matter how popular Nate is with the fans.  

All that matters is what McDermott thinks.   

The Nate haters will just have to deal with what is.  Or feel free to follow another team.  

What was that thread?  

What would it take for you to dump the team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Peterman is somewhere between the LA and Indy game. I still think he can be a serviceable backup and I think McD will give him  one more shot to show improvement.  We're running out of bridge qb options so maybe Foles is still in play? Darnold will require more polishing where Rosen or Baker could possibly be plug m play?  We'll definitely have 3 quarterbacks in camp and Peterman will be no worse then practice squad.

We are going into free agency with $40,000,000. 

I'm at a loss as to why having a veteran QB around is seen as bad thing. Write the veteran a check, tell your bright shiny new QB he has to beat him out in camp and either he does beat him out in year 1 or he doesn't. 

On some levels it almost seems like we're going to have a hard time spending to our cap.

Edited by Tyrod's friend

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It doesn’t matter how popular Nate is with the fans.  

All that matters is what McDermott thinks.   

The Nate haters will just have to deal with what is.  Or feel free to follow another team.  

What was that thread?  

What would it take for you to dump the team. 

I know it doesn't matter but if he earns the spot in the coaches view I hope there isn't tremendous booing for a couple of three and outs or an interception. I like the kid (I'm old,58) and if you look at him in Pittsburgh he has some talent.

Just now, Tyrod's friend said:

I'm at a loss as to why having a veteran QB around is seen as bad thing. Write the guy a check, tell your bright shiny new QB he has to beat him out in camp and either he does beat him out in year 1 or he doesn't. 

On some levels it almost seems like we're going to have a hard time spending to our cap.

As long as it doesn't cost too much, I'm with you. Rather spend the money on Trumaine Johnson.

2 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I'm at a loss as to why having a veteran QB around is seen as bad thing. Write the veteran a check, tell your bright shiny new QB he has to beat him out in camp and either he does beat him out in year 1 or he doesn't. 

Takes two to make a deal. I think they tried Bradford but that contract is silly. Will be interesting. I'm trusting but anxious 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

As long as it doesn't cost too much, I'm with you. Rather spend the money on Trumaine Johnson.

With the amount of money we have to spend, there's no reason not to be able to get whatever player (outside of Cousins) that the team wants.

If we don't sign Trumaine Johnson, it's because people that write the checks say you are wrong or Tru wanted to live closer to his homies or whatever. It's not about dollars.

Especially now that the $20MM guys are all signed.

10 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Maybe we can trade Peteredman for some 4th year QB another team is not going to resign.  They get a QB for three more years to potty train.

8 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

No we are not (officially tomorrow). 

Thus far with the advertised deals the Cap figure is already down to $30 mil.  

I expect another 8 to 10 to come off once the $ figures are released.  

10 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

I know it doesn't matter but if he earns the spot in the coaches view I hope there isn't tremendous booing for a couple of three and outs or an interception. I like the kid (I'm old,58) and if you look at him in Pittsburgh he has some talent.

My post was a general comment and not directed at you.  

Yeah it was bad but we really need to see more to pass a fair judgment.  

When Jimmy G was playing poorly in spot duty Bills fans liked to mock him.  Now you see some people praising him for a whole 7 games that he started.  

It will work itself out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just to be clear, I'm not arguing against a veteran QB. But if we can't get anyone good, and we are reduced to picking scraps, would it be any worse to roll with Peterman and save the $10-15MM any bottom-rung veteran would cost you?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just to be clear, I'm not arguing against a veteran QB. But if we can't get anyone good, and we are reduced to picking scraps, would it be any worse to roll with Peterman and save the $10-15MM any bottom-rung veteran would cost you?

There are 1 maybe 2 viable options left for a FA QB.   

I’m one for not overspending.