Would going into 2018 with Peterman & top rookie be that bad?

I'd dislike it. The whole point of vets is to help the young guys learn how to be NFL QBs and the amount of work required, weldon't currently have someone who can help a rookie develop. Peterman has shown he can't even prepare himself to start a game. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Remember what happened when we went into a season with Manual and Tuel? Pretty much the same.

You really should have an NFL vet in the QB room. Help the young guys out breaking down film, transition to the NFL.

We have a QB coach that has primarily coached WRs. We need someone that is experienced in that QB room.

To be fair, they had Kevin Kolb. Also, these guys minus Allen and Jackson's should be more pro ready than EJ.

16 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Remember what happened when we went into a season with Manual and Tuel? Pretty much the same.

You really should have an NFL vet in the QB room. Help the young guys out breaking down film, transition to the NFL.

We have a QB coach that has primarily coached WRs. We need someone that is experienced in that QB room.

...nice assessment.....Peterman and the rook QB draftee would never be ready.......with the Kolb disaster, EJ got thrown to the wolves (so did Losman when Tom Terrific tried to cover his sorry azz) and both moves worked "wonders"..........

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I'd dislike it. The whole point of vets is to help the young guys learn how to be NFL QBs and the amount of work required, weldon't currently have someone who can help a rookie develop. Peterman has shown he can't even prepare himself to start a game. 

Look who Peterman was being mentored from, Tyrod is no mentor. IMO Peterman will get better with development and a better mentor. Peterman will end up a solid backup IMO.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

To be fair, they had Kevin Kolb. Also, these guys minus Allen and Jackson's should be more pro ready than EJ.

...seriously?.....one of the worst signings ever...the guy was concussed FIVE times between Eagles and 'Zona...no noodle left......he was one hit away from Musk's Mars shot before the "mat" got 'em....

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Look who Peterman was being mentored from, Tyrod is no mentor. IMO Peterman will get better with development and a better mentor. Peterman will end up a solid backup IMO.

I disagree strongly with this. Tyrod prepared as hard as anyone, he simple doesn't have the talent to let it rip. 

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

I disagree strongly with this. Tyrod prepared as hard as anyone, he simple doesn't have the talent to let it rip. 

Tyrod got himself ready he did nothing for Peterman.  You guys trash on Peterman but the kid has some talent he did well in college and has enough talent to be a solid backup IMO.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yea, that's true they did have Kolb. Not sure how much he was around after the injury though.

Don't believe that Jackson isn't pro ready in the right situation though. While he does still have room to grow he did run a pro style offense in college. He's still not my pick, but I think he will surprise if he goes to the right situation.

we are going to go to no.4 from cle. i think a tenative deal for this was struck when the browns took tyrod. they are going to pick darnold at 1. the giants will take barkley at 2. indy will not trade out of 3 and take chubb. even if they do get a massive offer, that team will most likely take rosen.

either way, the bills are taking mayfield at no. 4. we will give the browns our next years 1st.  the first 4 picks are already in place.

everyone thinks cousins is a done deal in minny. i call b.s.  i think he's gonna make more than one visit.

either way, if he does go to minny, and denver signs keenum, bradford is going to az....just like i predicted in previous threads.

bridgewater will go to the jets. that leaves foles and a.j. if philly is unwilling to move foles at this time and some team gives a.j. and offer that's ridiculous, i can see us starting nate....and i'm fine with that.

at 22 which we will be keeping, we can hopefully draft vita vea. they may choose to go lb and harrison phillips in the second, but they will draft rudolph ( which i hope they do) or mike white in the 3rd. i'm prefectly fine with nate/baker/ rudolph or white.

we can get a good qb coach like a ken dorsey and roll with the young stable. screw overpaying one of the free agent backups/bridges. with a better front 4, a healthy receiving corp and a couple of key free agents, nate can easily get us 10-6 until baker beats him out. i have been right on the money on a lot of things so far and this is where i'm hanging my hat for the near future.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...nice assessment.....Peterman and the rook QB draftee would never be ready.......with the Kolb disaster, EJ got thrown to the wolves (so did Losman when Tom Terrific tried to cover his sorry azz) and both moves worked "wonders"..........

Ah you know how it is. Those that don't learn from history are often doomed to repeat it.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't want the Bills scraping the QB barrel and spending $10-15MM on whatever's left. Why not just roll with Nate Peterman and whoever we draft, with Joe Webb III your #3? The SD game aside, I thought NP was okay.

You really should not use sarcasm for you are terrible at it. When you attempt to it makes it look you lost your mind.

Brain freeze from the nor'easterner?

Let NP start, but would be good to have a vet in the QB room. I could care less who is on the field, what they do or dont do doesn't matter...all that matters is how the rookie does once he gets the job.  

So I would rather go cheap on a vet then let the vet and NP battle for the gig until the rookie wins it...which he could actually win outright in preseason, then NP/Vet are just backups.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Let NP start, but would be good to have a vet in the QB room. I could care less who is on the field, what they do or dont do doesn't matter...all that matters is how the rookie does once he gets the job.  

So I would rather go cheap on a vet then let the vet and NP battle for the gig until the rookie wins it...which he could actually win outright in preseason, then NP/Vet are just backups.

:sick:

3 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Tyrod got himself ready he did nothing for Peterman.  You guys trash on Peterman but the kid has some talent he did well in college and has enough talent to be a solid backup IMO.

I forgot who I was talking to. You've never met a biased opinion you didn't like. Unless you were in the locker room you have no idea what Tyrod did or didn't do. All the evidence points to Tyrod being a consummate professional and being helpful to Nate, including interviews with the players themselves. I'll take public record over your biased opinion.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That would be a very bad way to go coming into 2018.  A veteran presence is needed in the QB room. 

Bring back Thigpen that veteran presence is so needed. SMH we have a QB coach a vet is not needed IMO