Will Jets, Broncos etc.. try to trade up ahead of Bills climb?

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

We need to add pick 21 to the scenario here. According to the value chart, pick #6 is worth 1,600. Picks 12 and 21 combined are worth 2,000. Not saying the Jets don't have ammo, they do. But we're in a good position to withstand a bidding war. 

But I don't think that's the issue. The issue is how far will the Giants, Colts, Broncos, be willing to drop if they have designs on a blue chip talent in the top ten. 

See the link above. If the Bills want to trade every pick away, they will win against anyone. But I don't think they want to do that.  And you're right: the players matter. People forget that.

Edited by dave mcbride

My guess is an agreement was made between the Bills, Giants or Colts. Trading up to 12 seems like it was done to facilitate a teams demand. 

Handshake agreement, wait til draft day to reduce the odds a team goes overboard and gives Cleveland an offer they can't refuse for #1.

Maybe all this snow has gone to my brain and I'm being overly optimistic.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

See the link above. If the Bills want to trade every pick away, they will win against anyone. But I don't think they want to do that.  And you're right: the players matter. People forget that.

I think the Bills will gladly part with both firsts as a starting point. And I have to think the extra 2nd and 3rd will be dangled as well as future assets. All depends on how much they value their target and how committed they are to the price. Nobody wants to go all in, but it's nice to have chips to play with. 

24 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

No, the Jets assets aren’t as good as the Bills.

Not even close.

Funny how you make no mention of us having two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds but you list every other teams picks.

The Jets can't trade both 2nd's, a 3rd and tap into their 2019 picks?  Their number 6 pick is worth a heck of a lot more than our current 12.  They have cap space to fill holes and their roster is far from a disaster.  Saying that some other team will not go to the mat over one of the QB's is just living in denial.

43 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

and Cleveland?

Cleveland would be wise to take Barkley at one and with Kizer gone secure their QB with a minimum of expense by trading pick 4 in a package to the Giants or Colts.  That is if they see one of the QB's as superior to the others.

Edited by RochesterRob

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

The Jets can't trade both 2nd's, a 3rd and tap into their 2019 picks?  Their number 6 pick is worth a heck of a lot more than our current 12.  They have cap space to fill holes and their roster is far from a disaster.  Saying that some other team will not go to the mat over one of the QB's is just living in denial.

Cleveland would be wise to take Barkley at one and with Kizer gone secure their QB with a minimum of expense by trading pick 4 in a package to the Giants or Colts.  That is if they see one of the QB's as superior to the others.

The Bills have 2019 draft picks to "tap into" as well...

2 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

The Bills have 2019 draft picks to "tap into" as well...

I never said that they did not but to say that some other team is going to look at the Bills' war chest and turn tail is naive.  We can't say who will blink first in such a contest.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

To repeat, 6 is way better than 12. 6, 37, and 49 are also better than 12, 22, and 53, at least according to both of the main draft charts that are out there.  After that, the Bills take the advantage, but then the question becomes how many picks will the Bills be willing to deal. 

The question is also how many picks will the Jets be willing to deal.

No doubt though that the sooner we can get to #2, the happier I will be, and I hope that’s what Beane is working towards.

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Can't see Broncos getting involved.  If their guy falls to 5 they could take him but can't see them trading up after giving Keenum $20m per year.  Jets will be involved but I think Giants at 2 blocks them a bit.  Similar or equal value and Giants would much rather trade with Bills than Jets.  They will not want to trade a potential franchise QB to a team that shares the same stadium.  

There are four 4 blue chip QBs (Possibly) and a super start RB...The first five picks of the draft could be set with them and Browns could take 2 of those 5 players @ 1 and @4.  I definitely see the Giants take a Blue chip prospect at #2....The wild card really is Indy. Can they slide to the Jets or Broncos spot and still get their DE or are they prepared to trade down to 12 to get multiple picks but lose out on a Blue Chip prospect. 

It is 2004 all over again...We are getting screwed like how we lost out on  Eli/Rivers/Big-Ben and panicked and took Losman

Edited by ganesh

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

The greatest advantage Buffalo has which makes the Jets & Broncos have a difficult time passing Buffalo is the number of picks we have acquired in this draft and both the Colts/Giants need multiple starters badly. Neither the Jets/Broncos have the advantage of even two 2nd round picks let alone two 1st rnd picks. I am very confident the Bills move up to #2 with the Giants due to the fact the Giants are low on draft capital and could accquire 2x 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd and the Bills still would be ok.

The trade up partner almost has to be the Giants. If Beane wants his choice of 3-4 of the top guys we will need to pick before someone like Mia. tries to snake us. We have more than enough picks to entice NYG. And if the Browns pick Barkley it's  Merry Christmas in April for Buffalo. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

10 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

The Jets signed McCown and probably Bridgewater.  This gives them 4 QB’s on the active roster.  Are they really going to spend draft picks to move up and draft another QB? I can’t see it

Petty and Hackenburg won't be sticking around there.  McCown and Bridgewater are on one-year deals.  They aren't out of the draft competition by a long shot.

16 minutes ago, ganesh said:

There are four 4 blue chip QBs (Possibly) and a super start RB...The first five picks of the draft could be set with them and Browns could take 2 of those 5 players @ 1 and @4.  I definitely see the Giants take a Blue chip prospect at #2....The wild card really is Indy. Can they slide to the Jets or Broncos spot and still get their DE or are they prepared to trade down to 12 to get multiple picks but lose out on a Blue Chip prospect. 

It is 2004 all over again...We are getting screwed like how we lost out on  Eli/Rivers/Big-Ben and panicked and took Losman

Mcbean is bold but not stupid.  He had his 2018 qb arranged before he traded TT

The Jets arent out of the QB race, but I doubt they are looking to trade up. I'd bet they are preparing to settle on Jackson/whoever is left at #6, or even trade back and take Jackson/Rudolph.

Looks like it might just be us and Denver jockeying to move up to 2-3.