Jordy Nelson being released

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Patriots

Im sure BElichick has already been in contact. He fits "what they do."

he was a really good wr but he looked done last year.  He has very underrated speed but the injuries have taken a toll.  Obviously, I'd be fine with kicking the tires on him but he's not the same Jordy. He would be worth it for the leadership alone though.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I am a big Jordy Nelson fan.  Depends on what he wants I suppose, and whether one feels his play suffered from Hundley (I would say, yes)

2018 comp was $10.25M under his current contract.

I thought it was Hundley too but he wasn't ripping it up with Rodger either. He wasn't getting the separation like he used to.

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I would love to get Nelson. Maybe Hyde can do some recruiting.

"Hey Jordy. Screw that scrub AA Ron. Wait until you see this Peterman guy."

it's going to be hard to recruit WRs right now unless you really over pay.

36 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I don't know about that as last season it looked like he lost a step.  Maybe for the right contract.

Maybe so, the speed on the market is drying up. I wouldn’t hate something like Snead and Deonte Thompson. Snead can be a productive 2 and Thompson can offer speed. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe so, the speed on the market is drying up. I wouldn’t hate something like Snead and Deonte Thompson. Snead can be a productive 2 and Thompson can offer speed. 

Man, that seems like a sad receiving core.  If only we had a 24 year old first rounder for a young qb to throw to. ;)

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Man, that seems like a sad receiving core.  If only we had a 24 year old first rounder for a young qb to throw to. ;)

Ha ha, he’s too expensive. Every guy is too expensive!!

It has to be the slowest receiving room since the leather helmet days. The 11 man boxes will do wonders for the running game.

1 minute ago, akm0404 said:

You probably would have to, honestly.  Or at the very least, credibly threaten to.

You think?

Anyplace he goes to, he's gonna be at best 2nd target if not 4th. Here he'd be the man for his last go-round in the NFL. There's a lot to be said for being the biggest fish even if it's a small pond.

7 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

You think?

Anyplace he goes to, he's gonna be at best 2nd target if not 4th. Here he'd be the man for his last go-round in the NFL. There's a lot to be said for being the biggest fish even if it's a small pond.

I understand your argument, but having Nathan Peterman and Joe Webb as the only two rostered quarterbacks keeps the Bills firmly on the no-go list with Jordy's agent.  I'm willing to be surprised.