Sign Colin Kaepernick

29 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dont disagree with you on that, but my point is he is not in the nfl right now over the protest.  He’s better than most peoples backups in the NFL and good enough to be on a roster, but isn’t because of the protest.  

i disagree.  he's not in the nfl right now because of the reaction of a large percentage of the fans (and no doubt, sponsors) to his protests.  it's a game entirely built on emotion and passion, but at the end of the day, it's about selling merchandise, tickets etc.  his decision on how/where/why to protest was calculated for effect, but actions have consequences. he effectively jammed his finger in the eye of many paying customers, and you do that at your own peril.  it's basic business.  don't piss off your customer. 

put another way, his protests, from his perceptive, are bigger than the nfl and there is no doubt about that.  he, on the other hand, apparently is not.  the nfl owes him nothing. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

4 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Lol you want to talk about my tears like you are some hard ass then when I say we can set up a charity boxing/mma match to see how tough you really are, you call it threatened violence.  LMAO, you !@#$ing poosy. 

I see...so you Are a Trump man lmao. We can do ANY CHARITY, ANY TIME friend. It'd be my pleasure. Perhaps a charity for dumbasses across 'Murica? Im fine with it, tough guy lol. Good grief lmfao

Just now, BuffAlone said:

I see...so you Are a Trump man lmao. We can do ANY CHARITY, ANY TIME friend. It'd be my pleasure. Perhaps a charity for dumbasses across 'Murica? Im fine with it, tough guy lol. Good grief lmfao

Oh, and I never once claimed I was a tough guy, or you were a poosy lol. But hell, Im game! Lets Do This!For chatity, of course?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Okay let's do it.   I'll get the ball rolling.  If anyone on the board wants to contribute or help set this up please let me know.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, BuffAlone said:

How bout a fund to fight Jimbo's cancer?

I'm down but you are going to get !@#$ed up.

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

i disagree.  he's not in the nil right now because of the reaction of a large percentage of the fans (and no doubt, sponsors) to his protests.  it's a game entirely built on emotion and passion, but at the end of the day, it's about selling merchandise, tickets etc.  his decision on how/where/why to protest was calculated for effect, but actions have consequences. he effectively jammed his finger in the eye of many paying customers, and you do that at your own peril.  it's basic business.  don't piss off your customer. 

put another way, his protests, from his perceptive, are bigger than the nfl and there is no doubt about that.  he, on the other hand, apparently is not.  the nfl owes him nothing. 

I am assuming you must disagree that he deserves a job.  Because after you said you disagree you stated he is not in the NFL over the protest, which is exactly what I wrote too. 

So I am assuming it has more to do with me saying he shouldn't be black balled.

He did his time and dealt with the consequences...there is no way in hell that Michael Vick deserved a 2nd chance and this guy doesn't.  Or what about all the women abusers?  Or what about Donte Stallworth who killed someone while driving intoxicated?  You saying human life matters less than a peaceful protest?  All of them got to keep playing in the NFL.  

Seriously...this country has its priorities screwed up if a guy who brutally murdered animals for FUN deserved a second chance over a guy (who gives time and millions to his community and kids) making a peaceful protest to stand up for the rights of others.   

Its ok to disagree with how he protested, but its not right to take his career away while giving one to animal murderers, women abusers, and other low lifes.  I mean Marshawn hit and run someone and didn't even get a suspension.  Randy Moss too.  Running people over isnt as bad as standing up for the rights of others?  Come on man...this is just over the top skewed.

PS:  Everyone said Vick was gonna be a major issue if someone signed him...guess what, no one cared and it died out quick.  If someone signs Kap, no one will care about the protest anymore because he isnt doing it.  Sure some people cant let stuff go, but its going to be mostly a non story once he stands the first game.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
7 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

You both need to post images of your hands now, no back pedaling.  Let's see them fists!

Honestly, I feel embarrassed I let myself get involved in that. 

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

PS:  Everyone said Vick was gonna be a major issue if someone signed him...guess what, no one cared and it died out quick.  If someone signs Kap, no one will care about the protest anymore because he isnt doing it.  Sure some people cant let stuff go, but its going to be mostly a non story once he stands the first game.

I think there may actually be a lot more people that are angrier about what Kap is doing than there were about Vick abusing dogs, which is insane.  We live in very divisive times.

Edited by Hurricane Marv
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

I think there may actually be a lot more people that are angrier about what Kaep is doing than there were about Vick abusing dogs, which is insane.  We live in very divisive times.

Yeah, that was my point...and its pretty crazy to think that to be true, but it probably sadly is.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am assuming you must disagree that he deserves a job.  Because after you said you disagree you stated he is not in the NFL over the protest, which is exactly what I wrote too. 

So I am assuming it has more to do with me saying he shouldn't be black balled.

He did his time and dealt with the consequences...there is no way in hell that Michael Vick deserved a 2nd chance and this guy doesn't.  Or what about all the women abusers?  Or what about Donte Stallworth who killed someone while driving intoxicated?  You saying human life matters less than a peaceful protest?  All of them got to keep playing in the NFL.  

Seriously...this country has its priorities screwed up if a guy who brutally murdered animals for FUN deserved a second chance over a guy (who gives time and millions to his community and kids) making a peaceful protest to stand up for the rights of others.   

Its ok to disagree with how he protested, but its not right to take his career away while giving one to animal murderers, women abusers, and other low lifes.  I mean Marshawn hit and run someone and didn't even get a suspension.  Randy Moss too.  Running people over isnt as bad as standing up for the rights of others?  Come on man...this is just over the top skewed.

Well, no, I didn't think we were saying the same thing.  Apologies if I misread what you meant.  I'm not being argumentative, at least not on purpose. My contention is that there is a difference between protesting, and the reaction of the customer to the protest. Kaepernick quite artfully made his stand where he did, and chose his actions carefully.  Mission accomplished. If the collective fan base of the NFL gasped, then whimpered, then moved on perhaps his career takes a different path. He's not a great QB, he's not been well above average in quite some time, and that's not really in dispute.  The collective fan base gasped, became upset,  and outrage followed.  I have zero issue with a team deciding he's not worth the effort. 

Your points on Stallworth, Vick et al are fair, but respectfully they are largely irrelevant when it comes to kaepernick.  He's a hot button for you, that's fine, but i don't believe most folks rationalize that Stallworth did something worse that kaepernick so kaepernick deserves something.  And for some folks, what kaepernick did was significant and redemption and forgiveness are not on the horizon.  People feel how they feel, and often don't sweat the details as to the relative nature of what bothers them:  "YOU SUCK KAEPERNICK, THOUGH IN A LESSER FASHION THAN RAY RICE OR MICHAEL VICK TO BE SURE!"  Maybe there would be less hard feelings, but they still think ck sucks. 

i don't see it as blackballing, which to me is icing the guy out solely because of his actions.  Of course that's possible...maybe the owner of the Saints had a brother who was a police officer killed in the line of duty, or bob krafts father was a serviceman who saw death, despair and horror at the Bataan death march and told young Bobby to always respect the flag. Just as likely, the simple business decision flies at odds with your thoughts based largely on emotion---they don't see the guy as worth it. Play + Need + Potential - Fan Outrage = No opp for kaepernick.  

But again, I come at it all from the perspective that I don't like the decision to protest at work.  I think that usually ends badly, one way or the other.