Sign Colin Kaepernick

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yup...why not, I mean who cares ultimately who the bridge QB is.  Our future is tied to the rookie we draft, everyone else is just a seat warmer.  Why not give Kap a chance to play and garner interest moving forward.  I don't care what anyone says, he is good enough to play for someone in the NFL as at least a backup and deserves every right to.  

Kap gets a bad rap, and most people are completely clueless to have much he gives back and does for the community and kids.  All he did was stand up for something that needed to be stood up for.  I get the way he chose to do it isnt the way others feel he should have, but all his intentions were positive.  Its pathetic this is still plaguing him to be honest.  

agreed, would be an extremely low risk high reward if he pans out.

How much could he possibly be demanding right now? Worth a shot IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dante said:

No thanks. I would rather sign Jeff George.

...."paging Vinnie Testaverde.....please pick up the nearest lobby phone"....

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't know what would be worse...Jay Cutler or Kaep.  Neither is a good option, and I'd rather start Peterman before these two.

.....Jesus even Waste Management would decline picking them up............

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't know what would be worse...Jay Cutler or Kaep.  Neither is a good option, and I'd rather start Peterman before these two.

Oh NO!!!  Savior Peterman has Hijacked Happy Gilmore's account!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yup...why not, I mean who cares ultimately who the bridge QB is.  Our future is tied to the rookie we draft, everyone else is just a seat warmer.  Why not give Kap a chance to play and garner interest moving forward.  I don't care what anyone says, he is good enough to play for someone in the NFL as at least a backup and deserves every right to.  

Kap gets a bad rap, and most people are completely clueless to have much he gives back and does for the community and kids.  All he did was stand up for something that needed to be stood up for.  I get the way he chose to do it isnt the way others feel he should have, but all his intentions were positive.  Its pathetic this is still plaguing him to be honest.  

1a2z6d.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

Oh NO!!!  Savior Peterman has Hijacked Happy Gilmore's account!!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy.  Haven't seen anything from him in a while.  I guess an embarrassing outing for your champion will do that.

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Please see my post above about crazy names. Who want's Jay Cutler? They'd be completely different price points. One would be out to prove that he can be a starting QB in this league and the other is Jay Cutler. Come on....

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy.  Haven't seen anything from him in a while.  I guess an embarrassing outing for your champion will do that.

Oh hell - he came back MANY times after that debacle!  I was literally in tears and my wife thought I was having a seizure when I was reading some of his madness.  All Time Best Line I have read on this board so far was his CLASSIC - "I was in several high level meetings and couldn't post right away" line.   That was PRICELESS!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

There has been a lot more crazy names posted here than Kaepernick. It's definitely worth considering. But let's see what Beane is working on. He has time since there doesn't seem to be competition for CK. 

3 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Please see my post above about crazy names. Who want's Jay Cutler? They'd be completely different price points. One would be out to prove that he can be a starting QB in this league and the other is Jay Cutler. Come on....

There is a reason why there is no competition for CK.  Agree?

while i applaud Kap for his conviction about parts of society he disagrees with,  he wont be an NFL starting QB anytime soon.     the owners are still trying to figure out a way to get the players to stop the kneeling,   and they wont,  short of fining them everytime they do it.    Kap is a headache no team needs, regardless of how dire a QB situation is.    its gone beyond whether or not he can play.

he made a stand for something,  good or bad,  and like most people who throw the middle finger at authority,  authority fights back, and the person who went out on a limb gets bent over multiple ways.

if youre gonna start a fight,  u better make sure u can win it before u start it.

Edited by bigduke6

2 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

while i applaud Kap for his conviction about parts of society he disagrees with,  he wont be an NFL starting QB anytime soon.     the owners are still trying to figure out a way to get the players to stop the kneeling,   and they wont,  short of fining them everytime they do it.    Kap is a headache no team needs, regardless of how dire a QB situation is.    its gone beyond whether or not he can play.

he made a stand for something,  good or bad,  and like most people who throw the middle finger at authority,  authority fights back, and the person who went out on a limb gets bent over multiple ways.

Why would you fine the players for doing something good? Every player should kneel during the anthem to protest this disgusting rathole of a country.