Sign Colin Kaepernick

7 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Exactly, and that's the difference. If he was a great player, teams would have no problem signing him. When you're a mediocre player, the play on the field isn't worth the baggage that comes along with you. Again, if it was Tom Brady, or pick a superstar black player for that matter, say, LeSean McCoy... it'd be a totally different story. When you're the absolute best at what you do, the teams will still sign you. When you're mediocre, it's just not worth it.

And I'd argue that for most (I'm sure there are a handful) it actually has very LITTLE to do with race, but the way he chose to protest. Kneeling for the national anthem. If he'd been out protesting in the community, alongside citizens, or protesting in another way, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

But your post generalized the people on this board as being racist... and that simply isn't the case. Are there a few? Sure. But that is a very low number.

My post said there are latent racists on TSW and WGR... and you agree. Dunno why you're saying that "simply isn't the case" if you then agree that they do exist. I didn't say a number.

You're right that it's easier to bury Kaep because he is mediocre, yes, that is true. The equally mediocre RGIII did not protest and he is also out of a job. Similarly, Johnny Manziel was both mediocre & distracting, and he's out of football. Perhaps all GMs are viewing Kaep & RGIII & Manziel in similar lights. There is absolutely a valid case to be made in this regard.

Let's also consider that it is very difficult to prove intent, the only way to really do so without some direct statement is with circumstantial evidence. There is a fair amount of circumstantial evidence to support that Kaep is out of football for reasons that are different from RGIII & Manziel — from GM/owner comments, to the fact that Kaep led a Super Bowl run and RGIII/Manziel did not. 

Kneeling during the anthem at a football game is protesting in the community alongside citizens. The issue the latent racists have with it is that it is visible. They'd prefer to ignore it, and Kaep/kneeling made it difficult to ignore. They're so keen on ignoring it that they intentionally tried to misrepresent his views, over and over, rather than just listen & consider. 

In a utopian world, the NFL would have recognized Kaep's bravery and embraced it on some level.... think of what the Bills & Seahawks players did this season to organize some tangible community outreach efforts to bridge the gap between at-risk kids & police. They might say "well why didn't Kaep do that on his own?" but he did, and he does. The unfortunate thing is not that he "protested the wrong way" — which is patently ridiculous, he protested in the best possible way: it was unobtrusive, impossible to ignore, clear, and respectful. For goodness sakes, the man changed from "sitting during the anthem" to "kneeling" after talking with veterans who told him kneeling was the better way as it represents the flag at half-mast — By kneeling, Kaep was saying, there is STILL systemic violence against people of color in the US and it is a tragedy. That is sad, but it is true, and the most unfortunate and disappointing thing is that it was considered to be a controversial statement at all.

8 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

My post said there are latent racists on TSW and WGR... and you agree. Dunno why you're saying that "simply isn't the case" if you then agree that they do exist. I didn't say a number.

You're right that it's easier to bury Kaep because he is mediocre, yes, that is true. The equally mediocre RGIII did not protest and he is also out of a job. Similarly, Johnny Manziel was both mediocre & distracting, and he's out of football. Perhaps all GMs are viewing Kaep & RGIII & Manziel in similar lights. There is absolutely a valid case to be made in this regard.

Let's also consider that it is very difficult to prove intent, the only way to really do so without some direct statement is with circumstantial evidence. There is a fair amount of circumstantial evidence to support that Kaep is out of football for reasons that are different from RGIII & Manziel — from GM/owner comments, to the fact that Kaep led a Super Bowl run and RGIII/Manziel did not. 

Kneeling during the anthem at a football game is protesting in the community alongside citizens. The issue the latent racists have with it is that it is visible. They'd prefer to ignore it, and Kaep/kneeling made it difficult to ignore. They're so keen on ignoring it that they intentionally tried to misrepresent his views, over and over, rather than just listen & consider. 

In a utopian world, the NFL would have recognized Kaep's bravery and embraced it on some level.... think of what the Bills & Seahawks players did this season to organize some tangible community outreach efforts to bridge the gap between at-risk kids & police. They might say "well why didn't Kaep do that on his own?" but he did, and he does. The unfortunate thing is not that he "protested the wrong way" — which is patently ridiculous, he protested in the best possible way: it was unobtrusive, impossible to ignore, clear, and respectful. For goodness sakes, the man changed from "sitting during the anthem" to "kneeling" after talking with veterans who told him kneeling was the better way as it represents the flag at half-mast — By kneeling, Kaep was saying, there is STILL systemic violence against people of color in the US and it is a tragedy. That is sad, but it is true, and the most unfortunate and disappointing thing is that it was considered to be a controversial statement at all.

Overblown BS. The " systemic violence" of CKs own people amongst themselves is a far greater problem and tragedy. He's protesting  at work, his employer and their customers don't  like it . He's mediocre and not worth the circus he brings. End of story. No thanks to Kaep. He'll never play in the league again. Not brave just an ill informed ( by choice)  activist. Take the drivel to PPP board. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Overblown BS. The " systemic violence" of CKs own people amongst themselves is a far greater problem and tragedy. He's protesting  at work, his employer and their customers don't  like it . He's mediocre and not worth the circus he brings. End of story. No thanks to Kaep. He'll never play in the league again. Not brave just an ill informed ( by choice)  activist. Take the drivel to PPP board. 

Hi Boatdrinks. Thanks for sharing your feelings. Unless you are God and all-knowing, it is possible you do not know everything. Here is an experiment to try in your real life outside of Bills message boards — for a week, make a deliberate attempt to genuinely consider the thoughts of people who are different from yourself.

7 days of seeking out views you think are wrong, and try to see it from their perspective, without immediately concluding it is BS.

Just give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Here's a word problem from Mrs. Delmonaco's 5th grade class:

Scenario: 

Stanley thinks flag burning is wrong, he thinks it's disrespectful on many levels, and was angry to see a player on a football team that he supports burn an American flag at the stadium on game day.

Question:

What color is the player?

Answer:  It doesn't matter, Stanley is a racist whether he knows it or not.

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Here's a word problem from Mrs. Delmonaco's 5th grade class:

Scenario: 

Stanley thinks flag burning is wrong, he thinks it's disrespectful on many levels, and was angry to see a player on a football team that he supports burn an American flag at the stadium on game day.

Question:

What color is the player?

Answer:  It doesn't matter, Stanley is a racist whether he knows it or not.

Wrong. Stanley has an IQ of 70 and is a victim of brainwashing.

14 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Hi Boatdrinks. Thanks for sharing your feelings. Unless you are God and all-knowing, it is possible you do not know everything. Here is an experiment to try in your real life outside of Bills message boards — for a week, make a deliberate attempt to genuinely consider the thoughts of people who are different from yourself.

7 days of seeking out views you think are wrong, and try to see it from their perspective, without immediately concluding it is BS.

Just give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?

Thanks for implying that I assume views are BS without familiarizing myself with the facts. I , like many ( most?)  people consider the thoughts of others before deciding if I agree with them or not. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Thanks for implying that I assume views are BS without familiarizing myself with the facts. I , like many ( most?)  people consider the thoughts of others before deciding if I agree with them or not. 

I'd wager you have the ability to try harder, but I don't know. Maybe you're already at the maximum level of consideration.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

I'd wager you have the ability to try harder, but I don't know. Maybe you're already at the maximum level of consideration.

Try to do what? Give credence to incorrect or misguided views because of the background of those who hold them? Believing something to be true, or more prevalent than it really is doesn't make it so. Those who hold such beliefs will never be convinced otherwise. An exercise in futility and a tremendous waste of time. Back to the football side of this thread, I believe CK will never play in the NFL again. For various reasons that are well documented and discussed. It's not an option, in Buffalo or any NFL city 

imo. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Try to do what? Give credence to incorrect or misguided views because of the background of those who hold them? Believing something to be true, or more prevalent than it really is doesn't make it so. Those who hold such beliefs will never be convinced otherwise. An exercise in futility and a tremendous waste of time. Back to the football side if this thread, I believe CK will never play in the NFL again. For various reasons that are well documented and discussed. It's not an option, in Buffalo or any NFL city 

imo. 

Try to consider that they might have a point, and that it is possible that you're not considering it fully because it doesn't impact you. That it's possible that things that don't directly impact you do impact others.  You're free to conclude anything you wish, that they are misguided or lying or misrepresenting... but based on your posts, what you think they think, it appears to me you're not giving "the other side" of it the full consideration you're capable of. I could be wrong.

You're probably right Kaep won't play in the NFL again, in any case.

17 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Wrong. Stanley has an IQ of 70 and is a victim of brainwashing.

you have earned a ZERO.

The book has the answer, and I have the book, and the book is never wrong.  

You're also intellect-shaming Stanley, which is bullying. You'll need to write a letter of reflection and a personal letter of apology to Stanley and the 5th grade community, which of course must be read in front of the class.  You probably also have to apologize to the book. Stay tuned. 

8 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Try to consider that they might have a point, and that it is possible that you're not considering it fully because it doesn't impact you. That it's possible that things that don't directly impact you do impact others.  You're free to conclude anything you wish, that they are misguided or lying or misrepresenting... but based on your posts, what you think they think, it appears to me you're not giving "the other side" of it the full consideration you're capable of. I could be wrong.

You're probably right Kaep won't play in the NFL again, in any case.

Yes, you are wrong. Thank you for playing. ✌?

14 hours ago, simool said:

giphy.gif

Simool.  Simool.   "Your kink is OK."  Far be it from me to critique your evident personal fascination with poop and vomitus.

However, must you force all of the rest of us to confront the moving image of your personal perversities on a regular basis, should we be so weak as to find you amusing and fail to consign you to ignore bin fate?  Our kinks, mon vieux, should also be regarded.

In other words, please slow the repeated posting of **** and puke gifs, dude, 'kay?

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Simool.  Simool.   "Your kink is OK."  Far be it from me to critique your evident personal fascination with poop and vomitus.

However, must you force all of the rest of us to confront the moving image of your personal perversities on a regular basis, should we be so weak as to find you amusing and fail to consign you to ignore bin fate?  Our kinks, mon vieux, should also be regarded.

In other words, please slow the repeated posting of **** and puke gifs, dude, 'kay?

Sorry Hap, if I think something is horse poo --- I am going to post it.  And that thread is clearly horse poo.

On 3/14/2018 at 4:43 AM, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Rather get Tyrod back in Buffalo  lol

This is pretty much how I feel about it. I'd rather have just kept TT then take crapernick. Same skill set without the drama. 

I think both qbs were huge benefactors of Greg Roman. That Power O based offense worked really well for mobile guys with big arms, and once the system was gone both players regressed. 

On 3/13/2018 at 10:15 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

All good man, and my comments are more directed at America as a whole.  No need to apologize either bro, its all good.

I will say he is without a shadow of a doubt not in the NFL because of his protest, I think its fair for anyone to see that.  There are a ton of worse QB's on NFL rosters right now, and he is young still too and wants to play and cant even get in a camp.  Not saying he should be some unquestioned starter, you earn that through your play on the field.  But at the end of the day, he is good enough to be on a roster and cant even get a camp invite.

What you said is true...but its the truth that I actually have a direct issue with.  Its utterly disgusting that Americans are more concerned with a man peacefully protesting for equal rights than they do about a guy who gruesomely murdered dogs for pure entertainment.  If that doesn't bother someone, then I dont know what else to say.  I just find it gross that people are quick to look the other way on Vick murdering dogs for pleasure, Floyd Mayweather beating women...hell one could argue OJ is more accepted than Colin right now and that dude straight butchered people yet parents are having their kids take pictures with the Juice.

Its all good, I said my piece...still think he should be on a roster, and would be fine if he was a bridge even here.  All I really care about is the rookie we draft, could really care less who keeps the seat warm until the rookie is ready.  

I don't disagree with anything you said, but if Kaepernick was as good as Vick was he'd be a starter somewhere right now.  Like Shady said, he's just an okay player that isn't worth the distraction.

Edited by Doc Brown

Plain and simple..................

CK sucks as a QB. If he was ANY good, he would be on a team, no matter what the political ramifications are.

No team worth their soul is going to take on a headache when they know the best he can be is a back up QB. NO TEAM.

Conspiracy or not, the NFL is RIGHT by not taking on this time bomb known as Colin Kaepernick.