Sign Colin Kaepernick

1 minute ago, Joaquin1119 said:

I hope we sign him, just to see a lot of you post on the forums crying and bitching about why our GM sign him. Then I can read about how our GM needs to get fire and blah blah blah. :lol:

You seem like the type who would start some sh,it at the bar and then hide when a fight breaks out !!!

1 minute ago, Joaquin1119 said:

Ok Putin :lol:

Why would we need this guy ? Never mind the politics of it , but as far as a Player who can help this team I don’t see it ,  

My personal opinion of him as a player he’s trash , and as far as a human being he’s on the bottom of the trash , someone who can wear a t-shirt of  Fidel Castro tells me everything I need to know about what kind of person he is ,  

1 minute ago, Putin said:

My personal opinion of him as a player he’s trash , and as far as a human being he’s on the bottom of the trash , someone who can wear a t-shirt of  Fidel Castro tells me everything I need to know about what kind of person he is ,  

This post and your screen name scream irony.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, no, I didn't think we were saying the same thing.  Apologies if I misread what you meant.  I'm not being argumentative, at least not on purpose. My contention is that there is a difference between protesting, and the reaction of the customer to the protest. Kaepernick quite artfully made his stand where he did, and chose his actions carefully.  Mission accomplished. If the collective fan base of the NFL gasped, then whimpered, then moved on perhaps his career takes a different path. He's not a great QB, he's not been well above average in quite some time, and that's not really in dispute.  The collective fan base gasped, became upset,  and outrage followed.  I have zero issue with a team deciding he's not worth the effort. 

Your points on Stallworth, Vick et al are fair, but respectfully they are largely irrelevant when it comes to kaepernick.  He's a hot button for you, that's fine, but i don't believe most folks rationalize that Stallworth did something worse that kaepernick so kaepernick deserves something.  And for some folks, what kaepernick did was significant and redemption and forgiveness are not on the horizon.  People feel how they feel, and often don't sweat the details as to the relative nature of what bothers them:  "YOU SUCK KAEPERNICK, THOUGH IN A LESSER FASHION THAN RAY RICE OR MICHAEL VICK TO BE SURE!"  Maybe there would be less hard feelings, but they still think ck sucks. 

i don't see it as blackballing, which to me is icing the guy out solely because of his actions.  Of course that's possible...maybe the owner of the Saints had a brother who was a police officer killed in the line of duty, or bob krafts father was a serviceman who saw death, despair and horror at the Bataan death march and told young Bobby to always respect the flag. Just as likely, the simple business decision flies at odds with your thoughts based largely on emotion---they don't see the guy as worth it. Play + Need + Potential - Fan Outrage = No opp for kaepernick.  

But again, I come at it all from the perspective that I don't like the decision to protest at work.  I think that usually ends badly, one way or the other.  

All good man, and my comments are more directed at America as a whole.  No need to apologize either bro, its all good.

I will say he is without a shadow of a doubt not in the NFL because of his protest, I think its fair for anyone to see that.  There are a ton of worse QB's on NFL rosters right now, and he is young still too and wants to play and cant even get in a camp.  Not saying he should be some unquestioned starter, you earn that through your play on the field.  But at the end of the day, he is good enough to be on a roster and cant even get a camp invite.

What you said is true...but its the truth that I actually have a direct issue with.  Its utterly disgusting that Americans are more concerned with a man peacefully protesting for equal rights than they do about a guy who gruesomely murdered dogs for pure entertainment.  If that doesn't bother someone, then I dont know what else to say.  I just find it gross that people are quick to look the other way on Vick murdering dogs for pleasure, Floyd Mayweather beating women...hell one could argue OJ is more accepted than Colin right now and that dude straight butchered people yet parents are having their kids take pictures with the Juice.

Its all good, I said my piece...still think he should be on a roster, and would be fine if he was a bridge even here.  All I really care about is the rookie we draft, could really care less who keeps the seat warm until the rookie is ready.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Putin said:

Why would we need this guy ? Never mind the politics of it , but as far as a Player who can help this team I don’t see it ,  

I honestly want AJ. If kap didn’t do what he did, he would still be playing for a team. Kap just need to be in a team that would use him right. I really like him when he play with 49ers. Once Jim harbaugh went to coach in college and chip kelly took over it was pretty much over for 49ers and kap.. I would like to see this kid play again, but sadly his career is over with

14 hours ago, LA Grant said:

Not saying "you" are... but if you don't think this is about race to many of his detractors after he became a protest symbol, you're not paying attention.

I also said he's not a good player in the post you quoted. He's not bad, nor good. He's the same as any of the other bridge QBs, in terms of skill. The difference is his status as a pariah.

Exactly, and that's the difference. If he was a great player, teams would have no problem signing him. When you're a mediocre player, the play on the field isn't worth the baggage that comes along with you. Again, if it was Tom Brady, or pick a superstar black player for that matter, say, LeSean McCoy... it'd be a totally different story. When you're the absolute best at what you do, the teams will still sign you. When you're mediocre, it's just not worth it.

And I'd argue that for most (I'm sure there are a handful) it actually has very LITTLE to do with race, but the way he chose to protest. Kneeling for the national anthem. If he'd been out protesting in the community, alongside citizens, or protesting in another way, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

But your post generalized the people on this board as being racist... and that simply isn't the case. Are there a few? Sure. But that is a very low number.

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All good man, and my comments are more directed at America as a whole.  No need to apologize either bro, its all good.

I will say he is without a shadow of a doubt not in the NFL because of his protest, I think its fair for anyone to see that.  There are a ton of worse QB's on NFL rosters right now, and he is young still too and wants to play and cant even get in a camp.  Not saying he should be some unquestioned starter, you earn that through your play on the field.  But at the end of the day, he is good enough to be on a roster and cant even get a camp invite.

What you said is true...but its the truth that I actually have a direct issue with.  Its utterly disgusting that Americans are more concerned with a man peacefully protesting for equal rights than they do about a guy who gruesomely murdered dogs for pure entertainment.  If that doesn't bother someone, then I dont know what else to say.  I just find it gross that people are quick to look the other way on Vick murdering dogs for pleasure, Floyd Mayweather beating women...hell one could argue OJ is more accepted than Colin right now and that dude straight butchered people yet parents are having their kids take pictures with the Juice.

Its all good, I said my piece...still think he should be on a roster, and would be fine if he was a bridge even here.  All I really care about is the rookie we draft, could really care less who keeps the seat warm until the rookie is ready.  

If Vick, Floyd and Juice were all mediocre like Kaep, I believe they would have received the same treatment. Honestly, I don't know anyone who doesn't think OJ is a scumbag.

Ray Rice could've been a #2 back for a couple more years on some teams, but at that point his mediocre play wasn't worth the hassle. If Kaep was a top 20 QB he'd be on a roster.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

As a Canadian I find this thread fascinating.  It's as divided as the USA as a whole.  Having lived in the states on 3 separate occasions in 3 different states I will say that from my outsider in perspective that the distaste for CK has a lot to do with race...and a lot to do with patriotism.  I don't agree with him kneeling during the anthem at all, but to say thats not why you don't want to sign him is B.S.

What other free agents have a 4 and 2 playoff record with 2 trips to conference finals and 1 to the Superbowl?    He's done more than Bradford, Bridgewater and McCarran combined but ya.  He's terrible.  

Anyway.  Thought I'd weigh in before this gets closed.  We will not sign him not will anyone but it's not due to his playing capabilities. 

• Like (+1) 2