Sign Colin Kaepernick

1 hour ago, ******* said:

Best talent out there. NOT EVEN CLOSE

Low risk, WRONG

high reward , WRONG

You were hoping for responses with those takes I suspect........................so there are mine.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What a short sighted lazy and ignorant meme.  This is the problem with America right now...seriously...these false narratives and bullish*t internet false facts.  If you think he didn't stand because he feels HE is the one who is oppressed, then you are just being ignorant for the sake of being ignorant.  Its so ignorant it actually feels like you have racist intentions, thats how far off base you are with this post. 

Sorry, what a bulls*t response.  I actually dont have an issue at all if people disagree with how he protested, everyone will feel differently because everyone connects differently to the Anthem, and thats ok.  What, I have an issue with is when people make blindly ignorant statements like this that are total useless BS just to fuel there worthless hate for something they dont understand or cant relate to. 

Literally cant express how much I hate your sad response, and I choose to stand for the Anthem myself, so not even a personal connection.  Just a sad and uneducated response.

Sad part is I would bet everything I have in life that Kap gives more time (and money too) to help his community per year than you have in a lifetime.  And thats not because you do or dont, thats because thats just how involved he is before and after his protest.  But people want to hurt him as if he is a villain because they didn't approve of the venue he used to stand up for the rights of others despite the fact that is the very backbone our country was built on.  

Kaep being just another manipulated sheep buying into a fake narrative isn't the worst of his problems. He simply can't play. He has the absolutely no touch. Another Tyrod only worse. No thanks. He can go play ball, or with himself in one of the many countries he feels is better.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd be thrilled to see them sign Kaep, not because he's a great QB (he's as good/bad as any of the other options), but because it would make the latent racists on this board & WGR explode

And that would be entertaining at least until the draft.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yes and Yes!

Was about to post about him as everyone has seemed to forget...

He put up pretty solid numbers the last time he played in 2016 ESPECIALLY considering his #1/2 receivers were Jeremy Kerley and Quinton Patton!  Don't look at his averages, if you recall their one game where he was asked to only make TWO pass attempts!

The guy deserves to be on a roster.

17 minutes ago, Dante said:

Kaep being just another manipulated sheep buying into a fake narrative isn't the worst of his problems. He simply can't play. He has the absolutely no touch. Another Tyrod only worse. No thanks. He can go play ball, or with himself in one of the many countries he feels is better.

Im fine with you not wanting him over ability and its a fair concern and total fair point.

Sticking to just that about Kap, thats where I am not too concerned.  We dont need a franchise QB here as a bridge, just a guy to keep the seat warm for a rookie.  Heck this bridge may never see the field in 2018 if the rookie ceases the job in camp.  

9 minutes ago, yall said:

Didn't we just trade the same guy?

No thanks. I'd rather not have Tyrod + media baggage.

But why do you care?  Who really cares who the bridge guy is, all that matters is our rookie.  Hell, doesn't matter if throw Nate Pickerman out there every week.  All that matters is that what happens when our rookie takes over before, during, or after this season.  Everything else is meaningless.

49 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

I'd be thrilled to see them sign Kaep, not because he's a great QB (he's as good/bad as any of the other options), but because it would make the latent racists on this board & WGR explode

And that would be entertaining at least until the draft.

Why are we racist? Because we don't think he's a good player?

What does that have to do with one's race?

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't know what would be worse...Jay Cutler or Kaep.  Neither is a good option, and I'd rather start Peterman before these two.

If the Bills are willing to tank yes.  I hope the Bills have 3 QBs on roster this year plus Peteredman on PS to throw balls to DBs.

1 hour ago, mileena said:

Why would you fine the players for doing something good? Every player should kneel during the anthem to protest this disgusting rathole of a country.

That is like us kneeling every time you post troll.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, yall said:

Didn't we just trade the same guy?

No thanks. I'd rather not have Tyrod + media baggage.

They were running him out of town.  He had one game where he only attempted TWO passing attempts!  The guy also had the WORST receiving core in the league  (Jeremy Kerly and Quinton Patton?)

No reason to not give him a shot.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't care what anyone says, he is good enough to play for someone in the NFL as at least a backup and deserves every right to.  

What does that mean?  Deserves every right to?

He deserves a roster spot?  He has a right to a roster spot?

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

In before lock.

And that's a hard pass from me. He's been a complete disaster since Harbaugh left.

Can we stop with this untrue BS? He threw 16 tds to 4 int with 500 yards rushjng on one of the most garbage offensive teams.

But let's keep paying fragile SAM $20 million for 34 career Ws. Or AJ terrible tattoo $15 million because he won at Alabama!!! Too bad CK didn't sexually harass a woman instead of kneeling.  He'd be signed in a second!

Sign CK, draft Rosen, watch snowflakes' heads explode!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What a short sighted lazy and ignorant meme.  This is the problem with America right now...seriously...these false narratives and bullish*t internet false facts.  If you think he didn't stand because he feels HE is the one who is oppressed, then you are just being ignorant for the sake of being ignorant.  Its so ignorant it actually feels like you have racist intentions, thats how far off base you are with this post. 

Sorry, what a bulls*t response.  I actually dont have an issue at all if people disagree with how he protested, everyone will feel differently because everyone connects differently to the Anthem, and thats ok.  What, I have an issue with is when people make blindly ignorant statements like this that are total useless BS just to fuel there worthless hate for something they dont understand or cant relate to. 

Literally cant express how much I hate your sad response, and I choose to stand for the Anthem myself, so not even a personal connection.  Just a sad and uneducated response.

Sad part is I would bet everything I have in life that Kap gives more time (and money too) to help his community per year than you have in a lifetime.  And thats not because you do or dont, thats because thats just how involved he is before and after his protest.  But people want to hurt him as if he is a villain because they didn't approve of the venue he used to stand up for the rights of others despite the fact that is the very backbone our country was built on.  

i'd bet you're putting a lot more thought into your response than the poster who put that meme up.  

as for me, yup, i think he's kind of a douche for protesting at work, in front of a captive crowd, pig socks and all.  i never saw it as particularly brave, but admit it might be my narrow view of the world.  i think of the great revolutionaries in history and i'm hard-pressed to see the connection between some of the protests v. a star athlete in a restricted area walking around on artificial grass brought to you by Go Daddy.

on the other hand, i support his right to do so, if for no other reason than I am grateful for my right to opine in response.  i also support the employer's right to figure he's not worth the effort and potential damage to the brand if that's the way they see it.  it's a tough road for the nil to walk.  all that said, pass on him signing here. 

• Like (+1) 1

I've stated  before that I'm a veteran of Viet Nam era and I personally feel that I defended the rights  for any citizen to express their opinions openly. I respect Colin for using that constitutional right but having said that I'm not for signing him. I do hope someone does. Please no phoney wave flagging  patriotism the NFL owners have enough of those. For the record I'm a white so it's not a racial thing with me.

21 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Why are we racist? Because we don't think he's a good player?

What does that have to do with one's race?

Not saying "you" are... but if you don't think this is about race to many of his detractors after he became a protest symbol, you're not paying attention.

I also said he's not a good player in the post you quoted. He's not bad, nor good. He's the same as any of the other bridge QBs, in terms of skill. The difference is his status as a pariah.

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What does that mean?  Deserves every right to?

He deserves a roster spot?  He has a right to a roster spot?

He deserves the right to play.  If you think the only reason he is not in the NFL right now is strictly on ability, then you are being naive.  He is good enough to play in the NFL at some level...he is blackballed over the other stuff, and he doesn't deserve to be black balled for it is the point.  There a plethora of QB's in this league substantially worse than him, he is good enough to be on a roster, yet he isn't because of the protest.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

You can't do that because our fake con man President and all the hypocrite psycho phony followers will throw a fit.  

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

2 hours ago, ******* said:

Best talent out there. Low risk, high reward 

YES!!

I could care less about all the political BS.  The man can play some serious football. He can still play IMHO.

In 11 games in 2016 he threw 16 TDs and 4 picks for 2,241 yards and ran for another 468. 90.7 rating.  Not Peyton Manning numbers, but certainly not chump change either.

Do it :)

• Thank you (+1) 1