Bridgewater to Sign with the Jets

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

And there it is. Wonder if we were in on that. Weird that he'd choose a competition over a straight starting job.

Id love to know if the Bills did make an offer to him. 

It it doesn't seem like they really went very hard after any available free agent QB, which makes me wonder if they have a trade in place for a top 3 pick and are just waiting for Glenn to have his physical in Cincy? I can dream, right?! lol 

2 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

And there it is. Wonder if we were in on that. Weird that he'd choose a competition over a straight starting job.

I doubt the Bills were interested. He wouldnt  have signed a 1 yr deal to be a backup.  It really seems that he didn’t have much of a market. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Interesting...

Do they still go QB at (or above) 6? 

Hopefully not, but I wouldn't bet on that. I am guessing they still do. 

Although they already have 4 now - McCown, Bridgewater, Petty, Hackenberg. 

They can cut or trade guys.  Nobody there can command a no trade clause.  If McCown and Bridgewater are there going into camp one gets traded if somebody else has a guy go down during camp.  That might be the gamble the Jets are taking.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Id love to know if the Bills did make an offer to him. 

It it doesn't seem like they really went very hard after any available free agent QB, which makes me wonder if they have a trade in place for a top 3 pick and are just waiting for Glenn to have his physical in Cincy? I can dream, right?! lol 

I think they either have the trade in place, or know what is necessary to do so, and are willing to do it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

They can cut or trade guys.  Nobody there can command a no trade clause.  If McCown and Bridgewater are there going into camp one gets traded if somebody else has a guy go down during camp.  That might be the gamble the Jets are taking.

Yeah for sure, they could just dump Hack or Petty or both. But I was just saying that they do have 4 QBs now, 2 of which the current GM drafted to develop and we have no idea how much he likes them.

I doubt any any of the 4 QBs on their roster make them pass up a QB at 6 if the guy they like is there. But maybe with the Bridgewater signing it will be enough to keep them from going hard after a trade-up? (I hope...). 

I don't really know what the Jets are doing, to be honest. lol 

21 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I love you dearly Teddy but this seems misguided.

I’m sure he sees that McCown starting might not last the year so he’ll have his best opportunity to start, not only this year but going forward.

I really hate when a player I like a lot signs with a team I hate so much. I need Seferian-Jenkins to move on now..

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I will skip down Peachtree Street if the Jets take Allen.

That’s after you see the video of me running naked down my street after the Bills take Darnold/Mayfield.

Edited by Jay_Fixit