Bridgewater to Sign with the Jets

MAJBobby

Just now, dezertbill said:

We'lll agree to disagree.

I see the Jets trading to 3 cuz they know they have other non-QB players that can be franchise altering available cuz everyone is stuck on finding their next franchise QB.

I also believe they see Bridgewater as their possible long term solution at only 25.  They just want to make sure his knee checks out.  I think it's a really smart play for the Jets, and It also forces the Bills to move up to 1 or 2 for their QB, which ensures them even more that they will get a non-QB talent at 3.

I hope you're comfortable out there on that shaky limb and hopefully someone will catch you when you fall. 

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Petty and hack are done.  McCown is 39 years old and TBW is there on a nothing contract.  They don't know who they'll be drafting in the #3 slot, but why not take a flyer on TBW while both he and the rookie learn from McCown. 

...they have to draft one.....Petty and Hackenberg will never cut it.....McCown is gone next year........

14 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

The Jets ARE NOT drafting a QB.  Makes no sense.

They have McCown and Bridgewater already.  First off, to trade the house for 3 when you know atleast one possibly 2 QBs will be gone?

Lets say they get Rosen.  First year he is going to learn.  McCown was signed to be the bridge QB.  If he fails, they are going to have to see what they have in Bridgewater (they only have one year to do it). If he falls of the wagon, THEN you use Rosen.  So your going to trade all of that draft capital to move up for a player that probably won't see the field on a do or die year for HC and GM?

Bridgewater is their possible future QB.  He is the guy who, if McCown falls on his face, comes in to see if he is the real deal.  He is only 25, and is years ahead experience wise over Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield.

For me, the Jets are comfy at 3 cuz they know the first two picks will 99% be QB's.  They then have Barkley fall in their lap.  Their future includes Barkley, and maybe Bridgewater.  

3 minutes ago, Eric Moulds on my A** said:

You Are Correct Sir! Look at their RB's, not for too long.. yuck. A franchise QB can change a team for sure. A workhorse RB with Barkleys pedigree can do the same but quicker. Not as big of a learning curve for the RB.  I assure you, Teddy and McCown can manage handing the ball to this dude. Why waste 25$ mil on a mentor QB coming off a career season and a young promising QB who was cut down by injury during development, if they're going to be clip holders for the future?

I don't buy it. Can't piss off the roof and tell me it's raining. Plain as day to see that securing 3rd pick can potentially screw us and they get the next AP. Win/Win for the Jets.

What they don't realize is pending how things shake out, our guy may be there at 12. Who knows?

Seems to me we want Lamar Jackson and at 12 IMO, that's good value.

The Jets are absolutely drafting a QB at 3. It's the worst kept secret in the league. 

There have been all sorts of reports from very credible sources that is their plan. 

Reportedly, it has been their plan for over a year. I guess last summer Mike Maccagnan sold Woody Johnson on going all in and doing whatever it took to get one of the top 4 QBs in this year's draft. The Jets have been pouring all their resources this entire past year into scouting all of the top QBs in this class. 

They are said to be comfortable with any 1 of the top 4 QBs this year and moved up to assure they get 1 of them. Sounds like Maccagnan's job depended on it (landing one of the 4 top QBs this year). 

It was also reported that they brought McCown and Bridgewater in because they wanted to fill the QB room with high character guys and create competition for the rookie. 

It is likely that Bridgewater ends up as nothing more than QB 3, or even gets cut. 

But he is insurance in case McCown gets hurt again (as he does every year) and the rookie isn't ready to start. That way they don't have to throw him in the fire before he's ready. 

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:43 AM, Eric Moulds on my A** said:

Seems to me we want Lamar Jackson and at 12 IMO, that's good value.

12th pick in round 3 yes.

On 3/19/2018 at 2:47 PM, BillsEnthusiast said:

You really think Hack is done? He was drafted pretty high, you'd think they would roll him out a few more times. Of course, it's the Jets, but still. 

Why does where you were drafted matter if you suck? 

On 3/19/2018 at 2:41 PM, dezertbill said:

But why sign Bridgewater then?  You have McCown , Petty and Hackenburg.  If you draft a QB at 3 then you have to plan at some point you want him to see the field the first year.  

I believe they see Bridgewater as a guy that may be their QB of the future.  He is only signed for a 1 year deal in case it doesn't work out.  They can then get into the QB sweepstakes next year or trade for a veteran.  

There are non-QB players in this draft that some are saying are the best talent available.  If you can get your top guy on the board at 3?  That's a steal.

This is funny ... I just read it.

You think that the NY Press is going to let the GM of the Jets get away with not drafting a QB at 3 - after he didn't sign Cousins, after he drafted two failures (freaking moving up to get one of them), and after he was forced to resign McCown? And after he moved up to get to 3 overall???????

There isn't a funeral train long enough to cover that mourning. Thanks for the laugh. This was very funny.

On 3/19/2018 at 1:38 PM, Reed83HOF said:

I can't believe how much they are paying McCown & Teddy and now they moved for a QB - terrible cap management...awful waste of resources...

...We are paying 500K to Bridgewater...everything else is incentives lol.

Not only that but McCown is only going into training camp as the starter and the rookie will have 10000 chances to be the starter on day 1.

Hack and Petty had the same opportunity and threw it away...or didn’t throw it good enough if you want to be technical about it.

They showed zero promise in training camp or the preseason so McCown got the job permanently. There will be plenty of chances to see the field day one if the kid..whoever he may be..out right does better than McCown..which if he is worth a damn than he will.

Edited by Patriot Killa