Bridgewater to Sign with the Jets

MAJBobby

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It makes sense. I guess I'm a little disappointed we won't really be trying to win before the rookie is ready but it does make sense. Take 1 step backwards to take 2 steps forwards.

I’m not sure that any of these placeholders are better today than Rosen or Mayfield. I don’t even believe that it is a step back. If they draft someone else they may need some time behind the vet. 

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It makes sense. I guess I'm a little disappointed we won't really be trying to win before the rookie is ready but it does make sense. Take 1 step backwards to take 2 steps forwards.

Let's not forget the "we're trying to win AND rebuild" part. I can't see McDermott going with a guy he doesn't think he can win with.

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not sure that any of these placeholders are better today than Rosen or Mayfield. I don’t even believe that it is a step back. If they draft someone else they may need some time behind the vet. 

Yeah it's becoming clear that our plan is to start the rookie sooner rather than later. That makes me think Josh Allen is out of the running, thank god.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Yeah it's becoming clear that our plan is to start the rookie sooner rather than later. That makes me think Josh Allen is out of the running, thank god.

I’d agree that these actions make Allen less likely. That’s an interesting thought but probably true. 

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not true, they may like 3 or 4 guys in this class. If you go up and get Rosen or Mayfield or Darnold it doesn’t matter who is the placeholder. He will only be playing the first few weeks at most. 

Statistically, only one or two of these quarterbacks will pan out. If we lose in the horse trading and don't get our guy, will it bring a smile to your face when you realize you have to watch Josh McCown for the next season or two and suck out 8-8? 

Just remember, as pretty as these kids look in shorts throwing at air, only one, possibly NONE of them are going to be franchise .

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The other possibility is we have a deal in place for Foles. But that's seeming less and less likely.

Maybe not. Perhaps the Eagles have told the Bills he will be available near/around training camp. Or maybe it was the Colts who were interested in Foles and want to trade Luck.