Which UFA QB Should the Bills Sign?

Which UFA QB Should the Bills Sign?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Whih UFA QB Should the Bills Sign?

I don't really care as long as we land one of the top 3 QBs in this draft class! 

I just hope we don't miss out on a QB in the draft and end up trading a 1st for Foles... 

Or decide not to trade up and give up a 1st for Foles instead. 

8 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

McCown. Thought that before this week began too. 

He's a guy that can still play. He can be productive. It's said he's an excellent mentor that will be sought after to be a QB coach when he retires. Very convenient for us with an inexperienced QB coach, and a highly drafted QB incoming.

He's a professional. I think he would play well, but not well enough that too many people will be upset when the rookie takes over. This would be just an amazing "get" for the clubhouse and the field.

You are correct, he's a professional. Clearly we're setting the bar high.  The only positive I see for McCown is that he will be cheap.  He got $6m last season and I assume it would be similar this year. Other than that and your hyperbolic intangibles (an amazing "get", really...), here are some Josh McCown facts:

• He will be 39 years old to start the season
  • He's never thrown for 20 touchdowns in a season
  • He's never thrown for 3,000 yards in a season
  • His career best wins in a season was 6, in Arizona FOURTEEN YEARS AGO
  • His last contract was a $6m/yr deal
  • He's injury prone, and has missed significant time for these reasons:
    • 2007 - Foot Injury
    • 2007 - Finger Injury
    • 2008 - Left Knee
    • 2014 - Thumb
    • 2015 - Concussion, Ribs, Shoulder
    • 2016 - Collarbone
    • 2017 - Left hand

I would rather Peterman start, which is not how I envisioned the team would handle their offseason search for a bridge QB.

38 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Don't care get Rosen and he will be ready to play

you know what, kdiggz, you are freaking right with this.

Enough of this he's too liberal, is going to retire, is injury prone crap.  I think this guy could be ready to go, game one, quicker than any of the other options out there in the draft.

11 minutes ago, fridge said:

You are correct, he's a professional. Clearly we're setting the bar high.  The only positive I see for McCown is that he will be cheap.  He got $6m last season and I assume it would be similar this year. Other than that and your hyperbolic intangibles (an amazing "get", really...), here are some Josh McCown facts:

• He will be 39 years old to start the season
  • He's never thrown for 20 touchdowns in a season
  • He's never thrown for 3,000 yards in a season
  • His career best wins in a season was 6, in Arizona FOURTEEN YEARS AGO
  • His last contract was a $6m/yr deal
  • He's injury prone, and has missed significant time for these reasons:
    • 2007 - Foot Injury
    • 2007 - Finger Injury
    • 2008 - Left Knee
    • 2014 - Thumb
    • 2015 - Concussion, Ribs, Shoulder
    • 2016 - Collarbone
    • 2017 - Left hand

I would rather Peterman start, which is not how I envisioned the team would handle their offseason search for a bridge QB.

While those are all facts it does not change the fact that he would be a fantastic signing. Let me ask this. Do you have faith in Dave Culley? Have you seen his resume? 

McCown brings way more to the table than any other QB on the market right now. It's in the intangibles that he becomes valuable. I don't care that he's 39. That's actually a plus. Hopefully he's not still an active member of the team next year and the rookie is our full time starter. I think Peterman would do extremely well to learn from a vet with solid knowledge. That QB room with a rookie and a guy with 1 NFL season would benefit from a guy like him helping break down film. 

17 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Don't think Kap would even take an offer from here, he said Bills fans were by far the worst to him during his final year in the league

I was, and still am so proud of us. I appreciate the reminder. Another reminder of why an outspoken leftist like Rosen would be a poor fit for our fanbase as well.

28 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

While those are all facts it does not change the fact that he would be a fantastic signing. Let me ask this. Do you have faith in Dave Culley? Have you seen his resume? 

McCown brings way more to the table than any other QB on the market right now. It's in the intangibles that he becomes valuable. I don't care that he's 39. That's actually a plus. Hopefully he's not still an active member of the team next year and the rookie is our full time starter. I think Peterman would do extremely well to learn from a vet with solid knowledge. That QB room with a rookie and a guy with 1 NFL season would benefit from a guy like him helping break down film. 

The success of our rookie QB will not rest on the shoulders of Dave Culley and McCown is hardly a mentor. He's been on several teams and hasn't exactly left behind a trail of successful proteges.

1 minute ago, fridge said:

The success of our rookie QB will not rest on the shoulders of Dave Culley and McCown is hardly a mentor. He's been on several teams and hasn't exactly left behind a trail of successful proteges.

The success of our rookie QB isn't on the shoulders of the QB coach? What? 

And you do know that McCown has already been offered a job coaching QBs? Right? Hue Jackson, while admitted is a terrible HC is still a good offensive mind. He sees enough to think McCown can do well in coaching. I'll take his opinions on the matter on this one.

52 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Don't think Kap would even take an offer from here, he said Bills fans were by far the worst to him during his final year in the league

Good. 

We we should pat ourselves on the back for a job well done.

• Haha (+1) 2