Which UFA QB Should the Bills Sign?

Which UFA QB Should the Bills Sign?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Whih UFA QB Should the Bills Sign?

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

McCarron has, so far, proven nothing; McCown is a journeyman at best and Bridgewater might never be the same after his knee injury.

How about, none of them and just trade up for Rosen or Darnold and let them start Day 1?

Because you have $40MM in cap space, and why not put a little bit of it to work and don't put that kind of pressure on a kid. Could be a reason. 

Bring the veteran in and let your guy beat him out.

• Like (+1) 2

McCown seems to be a good placeholder/bridge guy for (hopefully) Rosen or Mayfield to learn under. 

Could do a heck of a lot worse than 67.3 %; 2,926 yards; 18 TDs; and 9 INTs while keeping the seat warm. It's basically signing a little bit better of output than Taylor gave us throwing, minus some running, and probably at a discount. 

11 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I voted McCown because you can get him for cheap and he'd be a great "coach" for Lamar Jackson.

I was about to say I didn't care what they did at this point, just get a QB — but this comment has me reconsidering...

I HOPE TO GOD THEY DON'T DRAFT LAMAR JACKSON.

Edited by Yav
  • Like (+1) 1

McCown. Thought that before this week began too. 

He's a guy that can still play. He can be productive. It's said he's an excellent mentor that will be sought after to be a QB coach when he retires. Very convenient for us with an inexperienced QB coach, and a highly drafted QB incoming.

He's a professional. I think he would play well, but not well enough that too many people will be upset when the rookie takes over. This would be just an amazing "get" for the clubhouse and the field.

Out of those three - I would go McCown, but I am not sure any of those 3 are the final choice. 

I find it it interesting how all of the big name FA QBs are getting very short term deals.  

Cousins 3 years

Bradford 1 year

Keenum 2 years

Pretty big money, but short deals.  I would be happy with a cheaper option for 2 years as a back-up/ bridge.

McCown is fine, McCarron is fine, or just about anyone else - keep the cost below 9 million per season and I think we are looking good. 

18 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Because you have $40MM in cap space, and why not put a little bit of it to work and don't put that kind of pressure on a kid. Could be a reason. 

Bring the veteran in and let your guy beat him out.

best way to keep pressure off the kid is to invest the 40MM in players who can be on the field when he is

Mccown is the obvious.....Bridgewater looks to be a jet....and Mccarron would be paid not to be a bridge....i want a top 5 QB rookie pick so play mccown next season or part of it.....