Sam Bradford to Arizona Per Schefter

DCOrange

18 minutes ago, 502Buffs said:

McCarron makes sense with Daboll, but you're not going to convince me he's a better option than Teddy...he's a perfect fit for this city and fan base. Absolute class act and a student of the game. Draft Action Jackson and let him learn the position under Teddy. That's my take!

Actually, not so sure about that. The only connection is Alabama. McCown works with a variant of the Erhardt-Perkins offense under Chan Gailey; this is the same offensive scheme used by the NE Patriots and of course what Daboll I would this think is most comfortable with.

On the other hand the coaching tree of Cincinnati is largely based on a West Coast variant. 

I'm not saying that McCarron can't learn a different offense. He's a smart guy by all accounts. But on the face of it, McCown should be the guy. I don't know that NY lets him get out of town, but that's my take.

Edited by Tyrod's friend

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

On spotrac it says he is an UFA, I could be wrong though. I loved him in college, he would be great in spot duty for 2-3 games, good enough to hold down the fort and keep us in it.

Case Keenum was a journeyman too until he blew up in Minnesota.

Keenum played well for the Rams also...Savage has been awful whenever he has played and was benched last season for a rookie

Buffalo has played the QB situation perfectly. They can play McCown and AJ off each other now and drive down the price and then basically do the same with the top 5 with basically everyone sounding interested in trading down.

41 minutes ago, WMDman said:

guess we go McCarron then

It wouldn't be the end of the world. AJ would get his chance to prove he's a legit starter....and if he fails, hopefully, we've got our guy drafted this year who can take over. 

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

Keenum played well for the Rams also...Savage has been awful whenever he has played and was benched last season for a rookie

Josh McCown bounced around too, Kyle Orton etc. Tons of examples of that happening. Just because a player struggled in the past, it doesn't mean that they're never going to improve, especially at the QB position. And he was benched for Deshaun Watson, who is not your typical rookie. We need a backup, not a starter, use the 20 million Bradford got and sign 4-5 meat and potatoes players.

I don't mind a guy like McClown.  He can't be planning on playing more than a year, and he did a nice job with the Jets.  Who knows?  Maybe Peterman might be decent with a year under his belt.   Then we get our franchise guy in the draft.  I'm pretty sure the Bills know which guy they want, and they will keep that close to the vest till the card gets turned in.  Unless a cab driver tells Berman.  

13 minutes ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

matt moore, Mcknown etc we are not inning with those journeyman QB.. LETS GO YOUNG, STINK AND  HAVE OUR QB PICK NEXT YEAR

The QBs for next year are flaming garbage.  Not just bad.  Missing this opportunity to take a shot at a great QB class would be a catastrophic failure on Beane's part, and likely would end up costing him his job in a year or so.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

Thank God, I really did not want him to come here, he will get paid like a starter and Haha end up on IR midway through the season.

I'm hoping for Tom Savage for pennies on the dollar, he would be a great backup behind whoever we draft.

Good value for the Cards if he does that.  Serious.

1 hour ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Actually, not so sure about that. The only connection is Alabama. McCown works with a variant of the Erhardt-Perkins offense under Chan Gailey; this is the same offensive scheme used by the NE Patriots and of course what Daboll I would this think is most comfortable with.

On the other hand the coaching tree of Cincinnati is largely based on a West Coast variant. 

I'm not saying that McCarron can't learn a different offense. He's a smart guy by all accounts. But on the face of it, McCown should be the guy. I don't know that NY lets him get out of town, but that's my take.

??

Chan Gailey left town with Fitz

Jets ran Air Coryell variant with McCown last year under John Morton (who also got the ax)

Anyway Rapaport etc saying Jets bring back McCown 1 yr $10M

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Good value for the Cards if he does that.  Serious.

??

Chan Gailey left town with Fitz

Jets ran Air Coryell variant with McCown last year under John Morton (who also got the ax)

Anyway Rapaport etc saying Jets bring back McCown 1 yr $10M

OK! My bad. Thanks.