Jets fans opinions on the trade up to #12

55 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Ultimately those two guys don't win you a Super Bowl.  Watson would.

I recall that most of this board last year was big on Deshaun Watson.  When our pick came up at 10 and he was there this board lit up.  Then we traded out...................

I'll add that Watson also has the guy I think may be the best receiver in the league - Hopkins.  He is certainly right there with Brown and Beckham.  That guy is incredible.

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

This is about becoming a consistent championship contender. Talking about the events that allowed us to sneak into the postseason and put up 3 points isn't relevant.

We had a shot at some superb QB prospects and passed them up. Now it appears that we are going to give up a ton of currency to get a shot at another one. 

Time will tell which "process" was the correct one. 

TEC, and who can really tell which one of the 2017 and 2018 QB class is going to be better? maybe the difference will be hype, but until we see them all play in the same league, we won´t know...and not only play a full year, but 2 or 3 yrs, how did the Eagles looked back in 2016 for giving a King´s ransom to get Wentz, compared on how the same trade and pick looked in 2017 season?...

5 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

With all due respect, my friend, the Bills have very consciously put themselves in position to make these moves through some very cagey and disciplined planning and forward thinking.

Keep in mind that to get these picks, we passed up on Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes last year. 

Watson looks stellar already and we'll find out soon enough on Mahomes. He has quite the collection of playmakers to work with. 

If our moves to get a QB in 2018 don't work out for whatever reason, and it is a very real possibility that they don't, we will look like the meatheads in the clown car. 

Through that lens, everyone is in a clown car. 

3 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

This is about becoming a consistent championship contender. Talking about the events that allowed us to sneak into the postseason and put up 3 points isn't relevant.

We had a shot at some superb QB prospects and passed them up. Now it appears that we are going to give up a ton of currency to get a shot at another one. 

Time will tell which "process" was the correct one. 

My god man.....  Beane wasnt even here for the last draft and obviously the Bills FO were not going to trust Whaley and his scout team with that choice....  Knowing he was on his way out

Why hang your hat on the what ifs, why the need to find issue...  

Edited by ddaryl

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

My god man.....  Beane wasnt even here for the last draft and obviously the Bills FO were not going to trust Whaley and his scout team with that choice....  Knowing he was on his way out

Why hang your hat on the what ifs, why the need to find issue...  

It is simply a fact that we had a golden opportunity to draft two great QB prospects last year, and we said "Nope, we'll pass". 

I'm not saying that it was the wrong decision. It will take a few years to find out, but it's going to sting more if our new QB busts. 

13 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

It is simply a fact that we had a golden opportunity to draft two great QB prospects last year, and we said "Nope, we'll pass". 

I'm not saying that it was the wrong decision. It will take a few years to find out, but it's going to sting more if our new QB busts. 

We're Bills fans, we're pretty much giant calluses. 

18 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Silver lining we got a real nice guy in tre white. We also know they are being aggressive in the qb search. If the guy busts we move on and go for next one.