The franchise tag and Preston Brown?

mrags

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

What about Edmunds from Va Tech? Or is he only projected to play OLB?

I like Jewell. Seems like the process type. 

I also like Scales from Indiana - ultra productive albeit less-than-ideal measurables. 

I  guess I didn't consider we would realistically be in play for him. He would be awesome--> play him anywhere IMO. Sorry haven't coached in 11 years but son is a coach in college for the last 10 years is always sending me players, both high school and college to watch, and I'm just a nerd who would rather view OL practice and game film than an actual game. In other words, an OLD nerd

12 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

What about Edmunds from Va Tech? Or is he only projected to play OLB?

I like Jewell. Seems like the process type. 

I also like Scales from Indiana - ultra productive albeit less-than-ideal measurables. 

Edmunds plays a different position.  Also, I do think there are other linebackers that could be had.  I like Darius Leonard from SC State.  Had a great SB week and stood out at EW Shrine game.  Much more athletic than Brown.  Good instincts.  Didn't get a chance to see much of Malik Jefferson so I can't comment except he timed better than Brown.  Leighton Vander Esch will probably climb boards and be out of our range.  Good instincts and good athleticism.  The last guy I like here is Oren Burks.  I got a chance to watch him for three years in person so my take, not overly flashy at linebacker, but this past season was his first year playing inside.  Last year he played outside and the year prior he played at Strong Safety.  He has athleticism.  His instincts need to improve and that will come with more playing time at the position.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 1

I think you’re all high if you don’t think he’s one of our best defenders. I will say I didn’t know the tag was $15m for him and at that price I’ll pass. But if it was 10m I’d do it in a heartbeat. 12m I’d have to think about it. 

Well see how well he does on the Pats or Jags I guess 

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think you’re all high if you don’t think he’s one of our best defenders. I will say I didn’t know the tag was $15m for him and at that price I’ll pass. But if it was 10m I’d do it in a heartbeat. 12m I’d have to think about it. 

Well see how well he does on the Pats or Jags I guess 

We watch a different game you and I.  I just don't see it.  LOADS of tackles but just not good at all in coverage, he gets smoked in coverage assignments, of which his coaches try to limit when they can.....

4 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

We watch a different game you and I.  I just don't see it.  LOADS of tackles but just not good at all in coverage, he gets smoked in coverage assignments, of which his coaches try to limit when they can.....

He’s a middle freaking linebacker. Lol

Just now, mrags said:

He’s a middle freaking linebacker. Lol

In Sean McDermott's Tampa 2 Defense. We need someone like Kuechley, and closest we have to that on the roster is Milano. We dont need a slow, heavy "thumper" in the middle.

I put thumper in quotes because while that should be Brown's niche, he's never done that very well either. Slow, Dumb, and Soft.