The franchise tag and Preston Brown?

mrags

Just curious, why did they not franchise tag possibly our best (at least top 3) player on defense? It couldn’t have been too much to tag a MLB and now you lose him for nothing. Just curious. Anyone? What would the cost have been to tag him?

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Just curious, why did they not franchise tag possibly our best (at least top 3) player on defense? It couldn’t have been too much to tag a MLB and now you lose him for nothing. Just curious. Anyone? What would the cost have been to tag him?

Linebacker – $14.961 million

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I believe the tag number was right around $15 million for him. No way in the world is he worth that.

3 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Best MLB wearing cement shoes. Hard hitter and a good football IQ( he was awesome at Louisville) but he's just not athletic enough. A guy like Roquan Smith or Rashaan Evans would be very nice with the signings today IMO.

Agree. PB is a liability in coverage and was exploited often. He made a lot of tackles downfield as he had to chase the runners blowing through our line, give him that, but not fast enough to cover.

Just now, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

After Roquan Smith and Rashaan Evans, to me, the only guy in the draft who appears to be an upgrade is Matthew Thomas from Florida St. Other guys like Josey Jewell, and Micah Kiser don't seem any better than Preston Brown------> but WOULD be a lot cheaper

What about Edmunds from Va Tech? Or is he only projected to play OLB?

I like Jewell. Seems like the process type. 

I also like Scales from Indiana - ultra productive albeit less-than-ideal measurables. 

1 minute ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

After Roquan Smith and Rashaan Evans, to me, the only guy in the draft who appears to be an upgrade is Matthew Thomas from Florida St. Other guys like Josey Jewell, and Micah Kiser don't seem any better than Preston Brown------> but WOULD be a lot cheaper

Sorry, just a draft nut since 1975 but the kid from South Carolina St-Darius Leonard could be a fourth option in my opinon. Okay done !!

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

Top three?  Which of the following do you think he is better than: White, Gaines, Hyde, Poyer, or Hughes?