That’s one way of getting out of paying tolls

Just Jack

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

This is somewhat off topic but do you know what I miss?

The quarter toll booths where the guy riding shotgun would have to make the hook shot out the passenger window and over the roof.

they still have those in NJ... but they are 1.50 in quarters, so good luck.

Speaking of toll booths when I was in WNY last month I left the rental car lot at the airport.  That's the first time I've left there (usually get picked up at the airport) so i ended up on the thruway headed east towards Batavia.  I got off in Pembroke and was wondering how much it cost.  That length of a trip on a toll road out here is like $7.  Cost me $.90.  :lol:

Not totally on subject but a few years back you  could drive the HOV lane free with another person here in the Dallas Fort Worth area.  A well known sports talk person in the Dallas Fort Worth area ...born and raised in Dunkirk New York went out and bought a life size stuffed Panda bear.

It lasted a few months then he was caught.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

they still have those in NJ... but they are 1.50 in quarters, so good luck.

What a waste.  One of the few things I miss about Dallas is no toll booths on toll roads.  Just blow through at 75 mph with toll tag or not.  If you don’t have toll tag they capture plate in photo, find you and charge you the toll.  It’s simple, efficient and keeps traffic moving.  This idiotic remanant of the 1950’s in Buffalo on the Thruway where there are some attendants and a couple of EZ pass 20 mph lanes is a waste.

Illinois is the last state that takes pennies in the baskets on the Tollway.  Well at least I still think they are.  I use EZPass for the last 2 decades and they have open road tolling here.

On 3/14/2018 at 3:09 PM, BuffaloBill said:

What a waste.  One of the few things I miss about Dallas is no toll booths on toll roads.  Just blow through at 75 mph with toll tag or not.  If you don’t have toll tag they capture plate in photo, find you and charge you the toll.  It’s simple, efficient and keeps traffic moving.  This idiotic remanant of the 1950’s in Buffalo on the Thruway where there are some attendants and a couple of EZ pass 20 mph lanes is a waste.

They have that here the last 15 years. But they have a cash side.  And pennies if you want.  Coin is coin.  Cash cash.

On 3/13/2018 at 6:48 PM, SinceThe70s said:

This is somewhat off topic but do you know what I miss?

The quarter toll booths where the guy riding shotgun would have to make the hook shot out the passenger window and over the roof.

Back in the late 80’s, my Dad was driving the family to the Jersey shore for family vacation. The Garden St Parkway has those booths you mentioned...anyhow he was trying to show off and be funny at one of the booths by “slam dunking”  the quarters into the basket. Well it backfired and he somehow jammed up where the coin is inserted and broke the damn thing. The gate wouldn’t go up and cars started backing up honking at us all over hah! 

Your post made me think of a great childhood memory so thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/14/2018 at 12:44 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Prius drivers man.....-_-

So that's why they always drive slow in the fast lane. I always thought they were being dbags demonstrating their eco-integrity yet all the time they are just really high.