Keep Picks?

There are more than several good QB's in this draft, take a shot with Bradford.  Maybe draft DT Vita Vea at 12 or top OL, LB.

Buffalo's DT's VEA, Lotulelei with Williams, Washington rotating in.  If not Vea look at Harrison Phillips, Payne or Hurst at 22, if they last that long. 

Do you feel there is a Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers in this Draft?  Hard to say, I look at Rosen, Allen & Darnolds numbers and I am not wowed.  Are you?  Yes, I am wowed at Mayfield's numbers that stack up for 3 years and don't care that he is 6'1", he is an inch taller than Drew Bree's.  

My point is with so many upgrades needed DT, DE, LB, OT, WR, CB, young RB (back up) and yes QB, but I don't want to through a rookie QB in there right away no matter who they pick.  

There are QB's like Mason Rudolph, Mike White and Luke Falk that I think are going to be solid QB's with some seasoning.  

With 5 picks in the top 65, Buffalo could set themselves up for many years down the road.  

What are your thoughts?

For once this team needs to go up and get its Franchise QB.  There has not been one for 22 years and counting...That is a long time ago and this city deserves its own Franchise QB especially considering how the Patriots (Bledsoe, Brady),  Colts (Manning, Luck),  Giants (Eli,  this years Franchise QB) have lucked out,

2 minutes ago, JOSH HUFF said:

There are more than several good QB's in this draft, take a shot with Bradford.  Maybe draft DT Vita Vea at 12 or top OL, LB.

Buffalo's DT's VEA, Lotulelei with Williams, Washington rotating in.  If not Vea look at Harrison Phillips, Payne or Hurst at 22, if they last that long. 

Do you feel there is a Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers in this Draft?  Hard to say, I look at Rosen, Allen & Darnolds numbers and I am not wowed.  Are you?  Yes, I am wowed at Mayfield's numbers that stack up for 3 years and don't care that he is 6'1", he is an inch taller than Drew Bree's.  

My point is with so many upgrades needed DT, DE, LB, OT, WR, CB, young RB (back up) and yes QB, but I don't want to through a rookie QB in there right away no matter who they pick.  

There are QB's like Mason Rudolph, Mike White and Luke Falk that I think are going to be solid QB's with some seasoning.  

With 5 picks in the top 65, Buffalo could set themselves up for many years down the road.  

What are your thoughts?

Well, Josh Huff...if that is your real name. I disagree with your premises. But I fully support your right to express them. Please have a fantastic evening.

• Like (+1) 1

Personally, I am all for keeping our picks as much as I am all for moving up.  If I had to choose a preference, it would still be to move up and get a guy like Baker or one of the other top prospects at QB.

But if we stay at 12, I think one of the QB's will fall to us, even if its Lamar.  Take that guy, then use #22 on someone like Vita, Payne, Evans, etc.  Although I doubt Vita lasts that long even though a lot of mocks show him there (I think he goest top 15 easily IMO).  

Use our 2nds to keep adding talent to the OL, WR, or D front 7 along with our new top of the third pick.  Take an extra QB in the 3rd or 4th like Washington did with Cousins that is a promising guy as extra prospect to groom incase whoever we got at 12 struggles.  

2 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

Simple: If there is a quarterback that the front office determines is an elite prospect, you do what it takes to select them.

If not, pick some other prospects that you think are potentially elite.

I agree 100% with this...it really just is that simple.

We will be keeping picks and doing exactly what you describe, except some will be used to trade up to take our franchise QB too...its a win win, get your QB and use your picks to draft impact players that can help your team for years to come. 

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Personally, I am all for keeping our picks as much as I am all for moving up.  If I had to choose a preference, it would still be to move up and get a guy like Baker or one of the other top prospects at QB.

But if we stay at 12, I think one of the QB's will fall to us, even if its Lamar.  Take that guy, then use #22 on someone like Vita, Payne, Evans, etc.  Although I doubt Vita lasts that long even though a lot of mocks show him there (I think he goest top 15 easily IMO).  

Use our 2nds to keep adding talent to the OL, WR, or D front 7 along with our new top of the third pick.  Take an extra QB in the 3rd or 4th like Washington did with Cousins that is a promising guy as extra prospect to groom incase whoever we got at 12 struggles.  

I agree 100% with this...it really just is that simple.

This is where I am.  I won't be upset either way.   And as you responded to the poster, I am all for going after an elite QB if they indeed believe they have found their franchise QB.   But if they aren't in love with any of the QB's, don't reach.

13 minutes ago, JOSH HUFF said:

What are your thoughts?

How many times are people going to start a thread on this exact topic.  The overwhelming majority of this board has already said trade up and get the franchise guy.

21 minutes ago, JOSH HUFF said:

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts? That's stupid.

9 minutes ago, Magox said:

This is where I am.  I won't be upset either way.   And as you responded to the poster, I am all for going after an elite QB if they indeed believe they have found their franchise QB.   But if they aren't in love with any of the QB's, don't reach.

They are in love with one of them just not sure which one. I am team move up and get your guy. I want no part of standing still where we are and settling on a qb unless their guy is gone. That's the one position you cant settle on. If we stay and fill holes you still have a giant hole at qb and are forced to take a guy you aren't all in on (EJ).

I am only repeating what others here have said, but we need a franchise QB. Period. Loading up on all the other positions without locking down a franchise QB is like outfitting your car with all sorts of items but having a poor engine. It has been 20 years now that we have had occasional great defenses, occasional great running games, occasional great special teams, occasional great wideouts (though that has been fewer and far between because of the QB issue), etc., but where has that gotten us? 

Yes, it is a bit of a crap shoot, since something like 50% or so of QB's taken in the top 10 are busts. But it is a crap shoot we have to play.

The Patriots are a case in point--they have had a great QB and everything else simply doesn't matter as much, since the QB can bail you out of so many problems. Result: almost every year they contend for the SB.

• Like (+1) 1