So do we not have a plan at WR in free agency?

12 minutes ago, MtlBillsFan said:

The question you ask yourself before signing is who will throw it to me? At the moment it's Peterman.

Where is Savior Peterman when you need him the most???  Damn those High Level Meetings!!!!

14 minutes ago, Don't stop billievein said:

It’s hard to recruit WR when you don’t have a starting QB. 

This.  Its a real consideration...we already play outside in bad weather and we just had the Snow game last year fresh in peoples minds.  Not having a QB right now isnt going to help matters.  

But Bills were never going to be in the Sammy or Allen convo's, they traded for their #1 WR last year in KB and are gonna ride that first.  The real question was if they were going to go after guys like Paul Richardson (signed with Washington), Gabriel (not sure if he signed anywhere yet), etc...or even try and trade for Bryant.  

I think the Bills are looking at the WR group as needing a big play threat, and thats about the type of WR they will look for to compliment ZJ and KB.  I dont think the staff has lost confidence in ZJ yet either.  If we don't sign a guy or trade for Bryant (which I dont expect us to do), then I would expect us to grab someone in the draft.  

Dont get me wrong, I too have WR concerns...I am tired of sending out sub par WR groups due to injuries, FA or trades depleting the group every year.  I would love to trade for Bryant, but I doubt it happens after trading for KB.

Not a huge star, but I'd love to sign Donte Moncrief. He could be the deep threat, which allows Zay to shift inside, and with a healthy Benjamin, I think thats a solid top 3. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Donte Moncrief?

Great minds think alike!

Edited by BrotherChazz
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Lee from Jacksonville. Wr2 with upside. 

Lee's one of the better slot WRs out there, I'd definitely give him a go. I've brought up Bruce Ellington in other posts because feel he could be a good slot WR too yet also offers the ability to return kicks too.

9 minutes ago, Big C said:

Only so much money to go around. Can't allocate top dollars to every position. Seems pretty clear they were intent on getting DT taken care of and I'm sure they are working on pursuing 2nd tier WRs. 

Agreed.  This was not the year to invest big money in the WR position, given the uncertainty at QB and the limited cap space they have. They will be in a much better position to do that next year cap wise, and hopefully with full view of the long term QB.  

22 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I would guess that they have a plan.

But the fact that we don't know what it is approximately negative 27 hours into free agency doesn't precisely bother me.

The plan could be to sign a guy like Taylor Gabriel, or they could still take my suggestion and trade a late-round pick (i.e. Cinci's 6th rounder) for Travis Benjamin.

Or they could wait for GB to release Randall Cobb.

We'll see.

I also think that they are going to wait until day 2 of FA to go after a WR. Kelvin Benjamin is a capable WR1. I agree that we need to upgrade, but after seeing some of the ridiculous money that is being commanded, I would not go crazy about buying high.

20 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Also like Pryor. 

I really think it'll be Pryor, in a week or 2,  after the frenzy dies down of course.

I think Moncrief & John Brown will be getting way too much money, after what Richardson just got. I don't see us spending that much at WR.

18 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

I believe these dudes will make it through camp:

Benjamin

Zay

Deonte Thompson

Streater (best camp of any WR last year from what I saw, I'm assuming he's back from injury)

Reilly

And we draft another one, plus add a few UDFA's.  Also I think you'll see Dakiel Shorts back in camp this year he looked great to me, we had him on practice squad last year.

Very uninspiring 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Seriously, Donald Jones just mentioned it and I like this guy as well, John Brown would look nice in a Bills uniform.

11 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Lee's one of the better slot WRs out there, I'd definitely give him a go. I've brought up Bruce Ellington in other posts because feel he could be a good slot WR too yet also offers the ability to return kicks too.

I like the Lee suggestions but hes a slot receiver like you said and we need some deep outside help.  I wouldn't mind signing lee but still need some outside help. I saw someone suggested trading for Benjamin from sd think that may be a solid move depending on what he makes

4 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Seriously, Donald Jones just mentioned it and I like this guy as well, John Brown would look nice in a Bills uniform.

no thanks he s made of glass and has chronic hamstring issues

The Bills receivers aren't as terrible as many of you believe.  They have just been stuck in an offense that focused on running first (and second), with a quarterback who didn't like to challenge defenses downfield.  A receiver can only be as good as the person throwing to him. 

Kelvin Benjamin is a legitimate #1 target.

Zay Jones was a top prospect and is only in his second year.

Sure.  It's not a group to get crazy excited about.  But it's also not one that we need to press the "panic button" over. 

Get the Quarterback first.  Then make sure his blocking is good.  Then watch our receivers magically start playing better.

• Like (+1) 1