So do we not have a plan at WR in free agency?

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

I was hoping to go after Allen Robinson and Paul Richardson in free agency but now both are gone. It's not a very good draft class for WRs. I don't wanna hear they are comfortable with the guys they have because I'm not lol

why are you laughing out loud after that statement? seemed like a normal serious comment

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I would guess that they have a plan.

But the fact that we don't know what it is approximately negative 27 hours into free agency doesn't precisely bother me.

The plan could be to sign a guy like Taylor Gabriel, or they could still take my suggestion and trade a late-round pick (i.e. Cinci's 6th rounder) for Travis Benjamin.

Or they could wait for GB to release Randall Cobb.

We'll see.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I was hoping to go after Allen Robinson and Paul Richardson in free agency but now both are gone. It's not a very good draft class for WRs. I don't wanna hear they are comfortable with the guys they have because I'm not lol

The question you ask yourself before signing is who will throw it to me? At the moment it's Peterman.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I wanted Allen Robinson, but he likely is breaking the bank and last had a good season 2 years ago.  I also wouldn't rule out Montcrief coming here.  

I disagree about the position in the draft.  I think there are some steals here: Gallup, Kirk, Atteman, Chark and Hamilton in the 2-3rd rounds; then even later you have guys like ST. Browne and Simmie Cobbs, Jr.  

You can't fix everything in an offseason. WR was going to be an issue the moment they traded Watkins. I'd still rather have SW than the Rams second rounder. That could change, depending what they get out of the pick. I love what the FO is doing thus far, but WR is just going to be an issue they may have to address in a big way in 2019. 

I believe these dudes will make it through camp:

Benjamin

Zay

Deonte Thompson

Streater (best camp of any WR last year from what I saw, I'm assuming he's back from injury)

Reilly

And we draft another one, plus add a few UDFA's.  Also I think you'll see Dakiel Shorts back in camp this year he looked great to me, we had him on practice squad last year.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Beane's asleep.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'm not sure I agree with that. It's not a good draft class in terms of 1st round talents, but there's a lot of solid Day 2/3 targets.

At any rate, I expect they'll sign some cheap outside WR in free agency or hope someone decent gets released and then see what happens with the draft.