Sammy Watkins - I was wrong........

I assure you that nobody remembers what your said, or cares.

Congrats to Sammy on a big contract. Congrats to us for stealing a 2nd round pick from the Rams for a player that overvalued himself out of town.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rigotz said:

Congrats to Sammy on a big contract. Congrats to us for stealing a 2nd round pick from the Rams for a player that overvalued himself out of town.

Did he overvalue himself? He just got $16M a year!! 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Rigotz said:

We have bum QBs and bum recievers, we showed him 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

These new salaries are unreal.    Five dudes from Sammy's WR class now making north of $15M per year.

That used to be franchise QB money a few years ago, now they pay it to a guy that's averaged 750 yards per season in his first four years.  And $30M of it is guaranteed

Brady's 2005 contract was 6 years, $10M per year, $28M guaranteed.  Sammy just got guaranteed more than Brady did for HALF the amount of years, even after Tom had two rings.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Elite talent gets paid.  His production hasn’t been elite, but people have eyes.  Sammy, Tyreek and Kelce.  Wow.  Setting up Maholmes to succeed

Didn't we spend lots of collateral to set up EJ Manual to succeed. How that work out

Guess KC is going to see what they have in Mahommes.....  It is really all on his shoulders now

• Like (+1) 2

this is starting to be a joke.  i have no idea why some people are beating their chests over this.  why...because you predicted sammy would get paid and he did?  big deal.  i feel it's the same people who were complaining the loudest about the trade are the ones who are trying to take this as a win for their side.  it's really not.  the bills were smart to trade sammy for a second.  there was zero possibility that they were going to pony up this kind of money.  kc decided to overpay for production at this point.  the bills made the right decision, and the people that screamed the loudest were really just wasting their time.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Didn't we spend lots of collateral to set up EJ Manual to succeed. How that work out

Guess KC is going to see what they have in Mahommes.....  It is really all on his shoulders now

They’re setting him up for success........not sure what this has to do with the Bills and Ej

Just now, NewEra said:

They’re setting him up for success........not sure what this has to do with the Bills and Ej

We moved up in the draft to select Watkins to give EJ a chance to succeed. Basically the same thing KC is trying to do for Mahommes using the same WR we spent draft picks on to move up and grab.

really you don't remember this ?

Just thought it was ironic that we grabbed Watkins then for the same reason KC is signing him now...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

These new salaries are unreal.    Five dudes from Sammy's WR class now making north of $15M per year.

That used to be franchise QB money a few years ago, now they pay it to a guy that's averaged 750 yards per season in his first four years.  And $30M of it is guaranteed

Brady's 2005 contract was 6 years, $10M per year, $28M guaranteed.  Sammy just got guaranteed more than Brady did for HALF the amount of years, even after Tom had two rings.

Ya but even back then Tom was all about "Team Friendly" deals to ensure decent talent around him....AND more rings....

5 minutes ago, teef said:

this is starting to be a joke.  i have no idea why some people are beating their chests over this.  why...because you predicted sammy would get paid and he did?  big deal.  i feel it's the same people who were complaining the loudest about the trade are the ones who are trying to take this as a win for their side.  it's really not.  the bills were smart to trade sammy for a second.  there was zero possibility that they were going to pony up this kind of money.  kc decided to overpay for production at this point.  the bills made the right decision, and the people that screamed the loudest were really just wasting their time.  

Except the guy who started this thread isn't doing that and just admitted he was wrong.  So not sure why you are telling him this.

53 minutes ago, teef said:

Damn right.......  I was the first and was told I was dead wrong and had nop idea what I was talking about.

Now TBD is calling the trade to Rams a success, because a receiver get's paid?????  What backwards thinking is that?

You pay for talent and could have had Watkins last year and tied him up at a better price if the Management staff did think it through.

Now is the thought process for the Bills to draft a QB and put no weapons around him?

Edited by Billsfan1972