Likely Next Move - Trade 22nd and 12th

Irv

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You might want to educate yourself on how these trades work these days before asking such questions. Jimmy Johnson values are pointless.

Everyone, everywhere at the least starts off with JJ's chart. You can do a variant of it (and that's why I included next years pick) to inflate and cover. But what you are suggesting is idiocy. 

Bye

43 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Everyone, everywhere at the least starts off with JJ's chart. You can do a variant of it (and that's why I included next years pick) to inflate and cover. But what you are suggesting is idiocy. 

Bye

What I am suggesting is based on all draft trades that have actually happened since the rookie wage scale came into play.

57 minutes ago, simool said:

We need a Captain Obvious badge. Could be a travelling trophy of sorts. It would obviously live on BadThingsMan's profile until our next Captain Obvious thread.  

If you can come up with an original thought, start a thread.  You might like it.    

Edited by Badthingsman

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

What I am suggesting is based on all draft trades that have actually happened since the rookie wage scale came into play.

There are examples of draft trades made that nearly EXACTLY represent the chart. I'm talking, LAST YEAR and 2016.

Browns trade with Texans.
Bills trade with Chiefs, depending on how you want to value a next year's pick. #10 to #27
Seahawks to Falcons pick, pretty darned close. #26 to #31

In 2016, a trade between Tenn and Cleveland pretty much exact to the chart, moving a #8 for a #15.

In 2016, a trade between Bears and Bucs.

It gets hard to value picks that are out of the first round or that consider next year's pick because you are getting into salary cap issues, into NPR of assets and the such. But most 1st round moves are pretty close to the JJ chart.

So please, stop already. You are embarrassing yourself. What you proposed is pretty idiotic. What I did at least reaches the realm of what is probable.

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

I am going ot assume you realized the sarcasm in my post, but your reply has me thinking you may not have caught on to the obviousness of my sarcasm

The problem with using sarcasm in on a written post in these boards is you can't tell, especially with all the 100% serious posts that are absolute dumpster fires.    Bunch of dumb threads/posts and some sarcastic posts thrown in...which is which.  I just call them all dumb.

8 minutes ago, Badthingsman said:

If you can come up with an original thought, start a thread.  You might like it.    

If your thread starter was anything remotely similar to original thought, it would not need the Captain Obvious title now would it?  I come up with original thoughts all the time. Unlike you I can generally find an existing thread that the original thought belongs in. You see, this board has this ground-breaking feature called "Search".  If I had your unoriginal thought, I would have used this search feature to post in any of the following rather than creating a thread:

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

There are examples of draft trades made that nearly EXACTLY represent the chart. I'm talking, LAST YEAR and 2016.

Browns (#12 - 1200) trade with Texans(#25 & Future 1st - 1140).
Bills (#10 - 1300) trade with Chiefs (#27, #91, Future 1st - 1236), depending on how you want to value a next year's pick. #10 to #27
Seahawks (700) to Falcons (720) pick, pretty darned close. #26 to #31

In 2016, a trade between Tenn (#15 & #76 - 1260) and Cleveland (#8 & #176 - 1421) pretty much exact to the chart, moving a #8 for a #15.

In 2016, a trade between Bears (#11 & #106 - 1332) and Bucs (#9 - 1350).

It gets hard to value picks that are out of the first round or that consider next year's pick because you are getting into salary cap issues, into NPR of assets and the such. But most 1st round moves are pretty close to the JJ chart.

So please, stop already. You are embarrassing yourself. What you proposed is pretty idiotic. What I did at least reaches the realm of what is probable.

JJ Values make no sense in most of those trades, especially when you look at trading into the top 12, even more so into the top 5. The team trading down is getting less value than the team moving up? No. It isn't based in reality since the wage scale came into effect.

And you conveniently skipped LA Rams moving to #1 and Philly moving to #2 for QBs. I wonder why...

Rams: #15, #43, #45, #76, Future 1, Future 3 - 2670

Titans: #1, #113, #177 - 3088.6

Eagles: #8, #77, #100, Future 1, Future 2 - 2159

Browns: #2, Future 5 - 2621

If Teams were following the JJ Chart then only 1 of the 6 deals outlined would have gone through. You don't move back for less value than you have.

5 hours ago, simool said:

If your thread starter was anything remotely similar to original thought, it would not need the Captain Obvious title now would it?  I come up with original thoughts all the time. Unlike you I can generally find an existing thread that the original thought belongs in. You see, this board has this ground-breaking feature called "Search".  If I had your unoriginal thought, I would have used this search feature to post in any of the following rather than creating a thread:

Nobody pays attention to you.  You're boring.  

39 minutes ago, Badthingsman said:

Nobody pays attention to you.  You're boring. 

Whats wrong Sally cannot take a little constructive criticism?

You basically just named your own sickness. All of these duplicative threads are about getting attention.  Rather than having a board that is logically organized with many topics thoroughly discussed, we get the ADHD board that you see now. Its not all you for sure, but there appear to alot like you.

Whenever someone needs their attention fix, hey lets just create a thread regardless of how many already exist on the topic.

You know, I prefer boring. Thanks.

9 hours ago, simool said:

Whats wrong Sally cannot take a little constructive criticism?

You basically just named your own sickness. All of these duplicative threads are about getting attention.  Rather than having a board that is logically organized with many topics thoroughly discussed, we get the ADHD board that you see now. Its not all you for sure, but there appear to alot like you.

Whenever someone needs their attention fix, hey lets just create a thread regardless of how many already exist on the topic.

You know, I prefer boring. Thanks.

ZZzzzzzzz