Likely Next Move - Trade 22nd and 12th

Irv

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I now know what you are for breakfast. ??

Just stay out of my way or you'll pay, listen to what I say.

2 minutes ago, ducej11 said:

Actually that wouldn't be next. You wouldn't trade up unless the guy you want is available. I would not expect any kind of trade up until the draft begins unless it's to number 1.

Then why wouldn't that same logic apply to the 21st pick we just traded away?

19 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I think we are going to use 22 and 12 to move back and gain more picks personally. Once we have enough picks we can move back up.

I mean this is not rocket science

If they trade back #12 and #22, they could bag 8 pics in the pics in the first 100... 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ducej11 said:

Actually that wouldn't be next. You wouldn't trade up unless the guy you want is available. I would not expect any kind of trade up until the draft begins unless it's to number 1.

At this point it is not practical to trade into the top 5 unless it is straight to one to avoid missing the guy you are targeting.  Further, Beane is not in the know as to the intentions of the teams in those spots.  If I were the Giants or Colts I would not worry about making a deal today but would wait to see what the best offer was out there like an auction setting.  The auction does not heat up until draft day so fans need to get used to that idea.  Who knows maybe the player that Beane is targeting may start to fall in the next few weeks.  No sense of giving more than what is needed to get your guy.

43 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

if necessary, something in 2019

gets you all the way to #4 and keeps the other 1st rounder and a pick in every round.

I want to keep the other 1st rounder.  Almost necessary to address issues on D.  I'd throw in our 1st next year and #12, plus 65.  Then 56 if necessary.  

58 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

gets you all the way to #4 and keeps the other 1st rounder and a pick in every round.

This is my dream scenario. It weighs on the implication that Browns go QB with #1. This would likely leave two of Mayfield, Rosen, and Allen still available at 4 and the ability to go LB/O-line at 22 and 53. 

1 hour ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Only way that works value-wise is if you include next year's 1st. And that's just to get to 4. I'd prefer to use the 1sts this year and keep our 1st next year in a better overall class.

12, 22, 56, and 96 carry enough value to get us to #2. This would still give us 1 pick in each round this year (except 7th) and keeps all of next year's picks intact.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

18 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Only way that works value-wise is if you include next year's 1st. And that's just to get to 4. I'd prefer to use the 1sts this year and keep our 1st next year in a better overall class.

12, 22, 56, and 96 carry enough value to get us to #2. This would still give us 1 pick in each round this year (except 7th) and keeps all of next year's picks intact.

uh ... which is why I said gets you to #4.

46 minutes ago, Stobs81 said:

This is my dream scenario. It weighs on the implication that Browns go QB with #1. This would likely leave two of Mayfield, Rosen, and Allen still available at 4 and the ability to go LB/O-line at 22 and 53. 

Me too. I think we'd have to sweeten it the offer just the least little bit.

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

What you said doesn't get us to 4 without our 2019 1st.

Can you not do the math?

#12 1200 points

#56    340 points

#65    265 points

= 1805 points. Is this your first time doing math?  

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Can you not do the math?

#12 1200 points

#56    340 points

#65    265 points

= 1805 points. Is this your first time doing math?  

You might want to educate yourself on how these trades work these days before asking such questions. Jimmy Johnson values are pointless.