Bills Re-Sign Kyle Williams To One Year Deal

dgr81

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

You are blaming the entire run defense on him? You do realize that we need basically an entirely new front 7, right? The guys in the front 7 that are quality are not run stuffers (Hughes is a small speed rusher, Kyle is a small interior rusher, Milano is a coverage linebacker).

We need a huge interior lineman, more linebackers, and edge setting ends.

If there is a single thing that requires the entire defense to do effectively, it's defending the run.

So its everyone's fault but his, because his job is to not stop the run?

Trying to understand. Is he not part to blame for the defense being so bad against the run especially right up the gut?

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Trying to understand. Is he not part to blame for the defense being so bad against the run especially right up the gut?

Didn't I say the entire defense was to blame? I did. Kyle is part of the defense. He is partly to blame.

Your comment put that blame squarely on his shoulders, where it doesn't belong.

4 minutes ago, Phils n Bills said:

I’m cautiously optimistic. I mean, what do we really know about this guy? Any character issues? Does he have a high motor? 

He's a lunch pail kind of guy.

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I actually think that saying it's not his fault is correct.  When you ask any player to do too much/more than he's physically capable of that's the problem.   Like I said in my earlier posts - when he's had help around him, he's been outstanding.  

26 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I dunno - he had more tackles, and sacks than Washington and Thornton.  Seems like he belongs in the rotation more than either of those guys at this point.  

We also just jettisoned Taylor, and lost Eric Wood to injury.  This team can't lose 3 of their leaders in 1 offseason.  Not a good look.

Edited by dneveu

27 minutes ago, Dan said:

This is the type of thread where you confirm the trolls and idiots.  There is absolutely no way a Bills fan can truthfully be upset by re-signing Kyle Williams. 

Right on man.

Glad to have him back. Go McBills

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

Where do you rank Kyle Williams as a DT?

If McDermott wants him back who are you to whine and moan about it?  McDermott knows what is required on the line and in the locker room. You know jack.

They basically paid the heart and soul of our team Tyrod's money, I could give two craps as to whether that meets your definition of what is required. Again, your opinion means jack. McDermott wants him, they got him.  End of story.  Whine and moan all you want, but you just enhance your I am an ass perception.

24 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He's worth a few million for locker room reasons alone.

As mentioned in the other thread, the money is not nearly as important as the term. The team needed a 1-year deal.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

it doesn't matter because many didn't know who the hell meatball was  

I thought it was in reference to a long lost mod or poster 

Come on Shady, how the hell do you not know the name Meatball?

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

meh.

Better be for cheap.

He's the heart and soul of the team.  The most respected player on the team.  He's not the player he used to be, but still gives 100% and makes plays.   Couldn't get a better leader if we tried.