Bills Re-Sign Kyle Williams To One Year Deal

dgr81

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

It just makes sense.  That's also probably why it is a one year deal.  They know he is close to being done.   High percentage chance this next year is his last.  

He is going to set the tone and be used as an example of what every drafted player should aspire to become.    Maybe that is worth the money.   Maybe not.   This staff seems to think it is.

Agreed on the why.  As for it being worth the money .. I'm not far from agreeing with that.  I think I was just shocked when the figure was revealed.

And thank you, Dave, for engaging in a civil, adult, discussion about the topic.  Something that more than a few have a lot of trouble doing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

No, it does not "usually" mean that.

Every year, pro bowl teams are selected...once guys start dropping off, yes, teams get filled with people willing to go.

Please don't try to pass off Kyle's pro bowl selections as the "we'll take anyone" type a la Tyrod...you know better than that.

Eh the last few years it has.

Kyle Williams was underrated during his prime, he is well past that.

He was good, damn good, and never made a peep.

He's long in the tooth now and not as effective as he used to be. I think he is overrated by many here. 

Hes back, that's fine, I don't think he is worth it, and I don't think having him as one of your top two DT's is a good idea. 

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Do GMs actually take Pro Bowls into account?  Are ticket/merch sales that much of a factor?  Because being in the Pro Bowl doesn't necessarily mean a player is among the best at his position.

Does your boss at the car wash take into effect how many times you were employee of the month when doing your annual performance review?  WTF is this?

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Eh the last few years it has.

Kyle Williams was underrated during his prime, he is well past that.

He was good, damn good, and never made a peep.

He's long in the tooth now and not as effective as he used to be. I think he is overrated by many here. 

Hes back, that's fine, I don't think he is worth it, and I don't think having him as one of your top two DT's is a good idea. 

Guys the same age with no pro bowl appearances in their careers got slightly less than what Kyle got today, so he signed for what the market dictated.

That was my point.

1 minute ago, akm0404 said:

Does your boss at the car wash take into effect how many times you were employee of the month when doing your annual performance review?  WTF is this?

This should win you an award of some sort.  I've never seen a more asinine analogy in my entire life and I pray that you never procreate.  Bless you, my son.

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

meh.

Better be for cheap.

$6M, $5M guaranteed doesn't get much cheaper than that for a top-flight DT.  That is a massive hometown discount.

This is awesome news!  Glad to see Kyle not retiring.  The Bills definitely have the off-season mojo.  

38 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Nice, nice.

He still produced decently last year with the rest of the line falling down around him. With Star in the center with him, I am less worried about the D-line. We can hopefully spend our later picks in preparing his replacement.

I'm not a fan of Star. From what I've read on him the past couple months, he"s not the same guy he was when he first came into the league. I SURE hope he's not getting some huge contract that will tie the Bills up for years.... With that said, it will be nice to see someone else take on the double teams other than Kyle....

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

$6M, $5M guaranteed doesn't get much cheaper than that for a top-flight DT.  That is a massive hometown discount.

This is awesome news!  Glad to see Kyle not retiring.  The Bills definitely have the off-season mojo.  

Where do you rank Kyle Williams as a DT?

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This should win you an award of some sort.  I've never seen a more asinine analogy in my entire life and I pray that you never procreate.  Bless you, my son.

Literally one post after saying that others have trouble engaging in civil, adult conversations.  WTF?

Edited by Hurricane Marv

Love it. People can talk about his reduced production as he ages, but you can't put a pricetag on the leadership and spark he provides.

Also, with Star playing NT, it will free Kyle up to do what he does best: explode off the ball and knife into the backfield.

I hope the Bills draft a penetrating DT fairly high that Kyle can groom to be his successor. Additionally, we can give some of Kyle's snaps to said rookie in an effort to keep the old vet fresh for the 4th quarter.

Great day for the Bills' interior defense!

17 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I bet you they are partially okay with paying him that for his presence in the locker room (his effect on rookies) and his embodiment of everything they are trying to establish in this team.     That is probably worth a couple million right there.    This staff is BIG on "team" and unselfishness.    That is Kyle Williams to a T.

100% You cant put a price tag on the security of knowing what you get with him on and off the field.  Couldnt ask for anything more from him.  Besides KW was damn near the only player on the D line last year.  Not fair to expect a 34 year old to carry the line when its the worst its been since he arrived.

• Like (+1) 1