Bills Re-Sign Kyle Williams To One Year Deal

dgr81

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

That's the thing. he is a rotational player now, he is not effective for a full game.

He is going to be a starter here, which I am not a fan of.

He is a leader, sure, but for a startign DT, I want more than that. 

Starters simply START the game. They rotate just like the ROTATIONAL guys.

Very simple concept...for some.

Williams was OK throughout most of the season and definitely not as good as in the past.  Having said that, the last few games of the year and playoff game he turned it on and played at a very high level.  Which tells me that if you play him less and more rotationally that he still can play at a high level.  I believe the Bills are going to draft a DT pretty high to be the eventual successor to KW and that will be the plan for 2018.

Good signing, not just for his play on the field but his invaluable presence in the locker room.

Just now, simool said:

Seems to mirror your posting ability.

So I'm not allowed to have an opinion about a player who was the leader on our d-line that was abysmal last year?

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

Starters simply START the game. They rotate just like the ROTATIONAL guys.

Very simple concept...for some.

Ah yes, now being called stupid. This is fun.

• Like (+1) 1

Great news, honestly I can't imagine it's at a crazy cost and even with Star in the fold the team needs more at DT, right now Star is the run stuffing anchor, the team doesn't have a whole lot behind Star so adding Kyle adds at the very worst a high end rotational player and at best an above average DT to plug in for one more season while a rookie learns the ropes. Not sure Washington is going to be anything more than camp fodder (Washington should be brought into camp, it couldn't hurt to have him compete for the 4th DT spot.) But with Star signed and Kyle back the team's need at DT is diminished. I suspect that depending on what they do trade up wise the Bills will draft a DT between rounds 2-4 since depth and age is still a concern. I also think Kyle's presence in the locker room is fantastic and a plus. 

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

So I'm not allowed to have an opinion about a player who was the leader on our d-line that was abysmal last year?

You can have the opinion.  Just don’t expect it to be liked. 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

It's amazing how you interpreted what I wrote.

You are very special.

I love you.

So many edgelords...

You said anybody without bias would see that he's an ineffective player.

99% of the people posting in this thread are happy about the signing.

Therefore it's easy to deduce that you assume that anybody happy about this is biased and doesn't know what they're talking about.  This is pretty simple stuff, dude.

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Oh, no...you are encouraged to present your cowpie opinions.

And others will respond, in turn, with their own perspectives. That's how this works.

1 minute ago, Hurricane Marv said:

So many edgelords...

You said anybody without bias would see that he's an ineffective player.

99% of the people posting in this thread are happy about the signing.

Therefore it's easy to deduce that you assume that anybody happy about this is biased and doesn't know what they're talking about.  This is pretty simple stuff, dude.

Just because people are happy with the signing, doesn't mean they think he was effective.  Remember when Fred Jackson got cut?  It was because he was ineffective; everyone knew it; and most were pissed off.

I'm not unhappy that Kyle is back.  I simply think he was overpaid - as I do not expect him to be even close to an every down-type player.  And if he is, we're in a tad of trouble.  He was one of the reasons our D line sucked so bad last year.  That, my friend, is simple stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

Just because people are happy with the signing, doesn't mean they think he was effective.  Remember when Fred Jackson got cut?  It was because he was ineffective; everyone knew it; and most were pissed off.

I'm not unhappy that Kyle is back.  I simply think he was overpaid - as I do not expect him to be even close to an every down-type player.  And if he is, we're in a tad of trouble.  He was one of the reasons our D line sucked so bad last year.  That, my friend, is simple stuff.

Actually Gug, check out my linked post above; Kyle came in exactly where the market puts him as a 34-year old DT with multiple pro bowls.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

NUH-UH!

You take that back!