Rap Sheet: Bills pursuing Bradford for deal

4 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

I completely agree he is definitely the best fit for our offense. That being said he must be on the field to be a great fit and glass Bragford has shown he just cant stay on the field. For all we hear on players being available for mc dermott this goes against everything hes said. Bradford is an above avg QB but unfortunately dude cant stay healthy. I hope we don't get him and look elsewhere. Trade up and draft a QB NO MATTER WHAT!

Yup......elite QB prospect or bust.

I look at it like a higher end version of Kolb/EJ.

Kolb was basically an empty tomato can they brought in for the rookie to kick over..........knowing he'd probably just blow over with a stiff breeze and EJ could claim victory anyway.

Bradford isn't going to stop a rookie.........because he will physically fail at some point in the next two seasons.    It's a near certainty.   But unlike Kolb........he can actually DEAL.

Bradford was an elite 11 guest-instructor when Darnold and Rosen came thru.........so hoping they get one of those two guys and he can serve as a mentor.

If they get Allen I will just cover my eyes and hope he turns into the USFL version of Jim Kelly that he resembles in his far-too-few highlights.

30 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Wow, that's going to put a new spin on Allen being the target.

If they moved up just to draft Allen and sign Bradford it takes the excitement right out of all these off season moves IMO.

3 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Don't understand getting rid of Tyrod's salary and then signing another middling QB. Especially one who can't stop getting hurt. 

Well do it slow, it's called asset management. The Bills had no desire to keep Tyrod and in turn received and ASSET for him.

This isn't moving on from Tyrod and bringing in just anyone. It was about acquiring an asset for him.

Just now, xRUSHx said:

If they moved up just to draft Allen and sign Bradford it takes the excitement right out of all these off season moves IMO.

Without a doubt it would. I have zero issue with Bradford signing, just makes me feel like it would give the brass a year or two to sit on Allen and let him develop.

Moore or Anderson or Daniels is more a QB that says we plan on getting our real starter via draft.

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Per @RapSheet The Bills have engaged Sam Bradford's representatives to try and get a deal done.

Before we get too far ahead of ourselves here, do you know where Rapoport said this?  I took a quick look through his Twitter and saw nothing about this.  Was it on TV or something? 

Just don't want everyone worrying/responding to something that was never said. 

19 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I don't mind this as long as its for a back up salary.

Yeah - I don't think anyone is talking about huge money for him - still probably on the order of $10M/year though.

He's a really good choice for bringing up a rookie (and Peterman for that matter). 

Sensible thing with Bradford would be to pack any deal with incentives...

Here's one: If he plays all 16 games he gets $200M, a 5% stake in the team, AND a week in the French Riviera with Kim.  Even Terry would have to feel safe with that!  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

The way things are going, I’m trying to figure out how the Bills are going to draft Darnold and Roquan Smith. I mean, everything else is falling their way, amirite?

You'd likely have to trade the 2019 1st, which I don''t to do, along with 12, a second rounder, and 65 to maybe get the Giants to bite.  Assuming the Browns go Saquon at #1, Darnold is available.  I'm a big UGA fan, so I've been paying attention to Dawg players.  There's a rumor that Roquan was medically red-flagged at the combine.  He might fall to 22.  That's how it would be possible, at least.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Why are you fixated on Allen? I don't see it. Bradford is an upgrade over Taylor for the short term. 

They have traded for a bunch of picks, I don't see a scenario where they don't get into the top 3. I'm not going to allow my myself to consider that Beane could be crazy enough to take Allen over Mayfield, Rosen or Donald.