Jump to content
PromoTheRobot

Rap Sheet: Bills pursuing Bradford for deal

Recommended Posts

This is a risk-reward scenario. Bradford, when healthy, is better than Keenum, and is probably better than Cousins. If Zimmer started him in the Vikes-Eagles game, Vikes are probably in the Super Bowl. You are getting a possibly elite player for a low cost, but he might get injured. I think it is a good risk to take with the current free agent landscape. 

 

3 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Yeah.  Amazing how the QBs have lined themselves at Washington (Smith), Denver (Keenum),  Minny (Cousins),  Browns (Tyrod) , Jets (Bridgewater) leaving us and the cardinals to fight for Bradford.  Where does this leave Foles...Will that be the loser of the Bradford sweepstakes ?

 

I think Foles winds up in Arizona. They can't be going into Larry Fitzgerald's twilight years with a rookie and Mike Glennon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Bills sign Bradford, I think for sure it's down to Rosen or Darnold as to which one they want.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills WRs and TEs should be excited if Bradford signs. Very accurate passer. 

YEah, for 5 games as long as they don't go past 5 yards down the field.

 

if Jarvis Landry played with Bradford, he'd have 200 catches for 1,000 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, njbuff said:

If the Bills sign Bradford, I think for sure it's down to Rosen or Darnold as to which one they want.

To me that's the best plan of attack and count me on the Rosen band wagon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, njbuff said:

If the Bills sign Bradford, I think for sure it's down to Rosen or Darnold as to which one they want.

Darnold all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Jokeman said:

To me that's the best plan of attack and count me on the Rosen band wagon.

is it just be or has the darnold hype just completely come to a halt? its like he's been an afterthought over the last month in any qb discussion I see on here or even in the media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is a risk-reward scenario. Bradford, when healthy, is better than Keenum, and is probably better than Cousins. If Zimmer started him in the Vikes-Eagles game, Vikes are probably in the Super Bowl. You are getting a possibly elite player for a low cost, but he might get injured. I think it is a good risk to take with the current free agent landscape. 

 

 

I think Foles winds up in Arizona. They can't be going into Larry Fitzgerald's twilight years with a rookie and Mike Glennon. 

I don't get the Bradford hype. Keenum became the starter like 3 games into the season and threw more tds than Bradford has in any season of his career.

 

Bradford isn't the worst but what's the point? Why pay a whatever qb $15 million plus?  If we are moving up for a real qb in the draft, let him, Peterson, & a much cheaper vet battle it out. Money could be spent so much better than on Bradford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is a risk-reward scenario. Bradford, when healthy, is better than Keenum, and is probably better than Cousins. If Zimmer started him in the Vikes-Eagles game, Vikes are probably in the Super Bowl. You are getting a possibly elite player for a low cost, but he might get injured. I think it is a good risk to take with the current free agent landscape. 

 

 

I think Foles winds up in Arizona. They can't be going into Larry Fitzgerald's twilight years with a rookie and Mike Glennon. 

  I wish I shared the enthusiasm as many on here about Bradford,  he is hurt all the time. But he is not better than Cousins when healthy, he has never had a season as good as Cousins last three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

is it just be or has the darnold hype just completely come to a halt? its like he's been an afterthought over the last month in any qb discussion I see on here or even in the media. 

I think Darnold gets lost in the mix because he doesn't exceed in anyone area. Yet he might be the most complete QB ready for the NFL. I l know NFL.com compares him to Andrew Luck but not sure he's that good but think he's the 2nd best QB in this class behind Rosen, Allen is a distant third and then Mayfield and then Rudolph and finally Jackson. I've bolded the guys I like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is a risk-reward scenario. Bradford, when healthy, is better than Keenum, and is probably better than Cousins. If Zimmer started him in the Vikes-Eagles game, Vikes are probably in the Super Bowl. You are getting a possibly elite player for a low cost, but he might get injured. I think it is a good risk to take with the current free agent landscape.

 

Agree totally with this statement about Sam Bradford's ability.  He's a good quarterback.

Unfortunately, his health is a roll of the dice.  He could go down in the preseason (Kevin Kolb all over again) and nobody would be surprised in the slightest.

 

At the end of the day, there aren't many good options out there.  At least, not if you are hoping to actually win games this season.

Some people are willing to chalk up 2018 as a lost-cause, since we are likely to be starting a rookie for a good portion of games.  Those people are willing to settle for Josh McCown, Matt Moore or Mike Glennon at a lower salary.  But the Bills are hoping to compete for the playoffs again this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don't get the Bradford hype. Keenum became the starter like 3 games into the season and threw more tds than Bradford has in any season of his career.

 

Bradford isn't the worst but what's the point? Why pay a whatever qb $15 million plus?  If we are moving up for a real qb in the draft, let him, Peterson, & a much cheaper vet battle it out. Money could be spent so much better than on Bradford.

Bradford is likely going to command less money in the open marked because of his injury status. Yet when healthy he is a very pocket passer which to me is the QB we favor. Toss in being a former 1st overall pick he might be able to help a guy we take high deal with the pressure of being a high pick etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I would rather have Matt Moore for a season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Jokeman said:

I think Darnold gets lost in the mix because he doesn't exceed in anyone area. Yet he might be the most complete QB ready for the NFL. I l know NFL.com compares him to Andrew Luck but not sure he's that good but think he's the 2nd best QB in this class behind Rosen, Allen is a distant third and then Mayfield and then Rudolph and finally Jackson. I've bolded the guys I like.

right. my thinking has been he's not really the "sexy" pick and doesn't flash like some of the others but at the end of the day he might be the best all around and safest bet. 

 

i'm partial to Mayfield just becuz of the production and the "gamer" in him.... I was also partial to Watson for the same reasons last year. I was irritated we passed on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

is it just be or has the darnold hype just completely come to a halt? its like he's been an afterthought over the last month in any qb discussion I see on here or even in the media. 

 

His season was a disappointment...then he was a healthy skip of the combine while every other QB he is closely grouped with had the balls to put it on the line and try and prove they are the top QB.  He has ball control issues and makes more head scratching plays than wow plays this year.  

 

He still can be the top pick, but by not showing the competitive fire the other QBs did by skipping throwing at the combine despite being healthy opened the door for GM's to fall in love with a little more with the other guys.  People keep saying it doesn't matter he skipped and cite how other QB's have skipped it.  But thats a lazy assessment that does not factor in the circumstances of THIS year.  There are 5 guys closely grouped, and Darnold had the most disappointing season versus expectations of all of them.  Electing to not try and prove you should be the top QB among the other competitors makes GM's notice that.  

 

Then guys like Allen go out and have a insane combine which opens the door for him to slide above Darnold on some draft boards.  Baker did the same, and even Lamar has upped his stock.  Dangerous move to skip the combine when your tape hasn't locked you in as the top QB.  His throwing motion, ball control issues, and poor decision making is under high scrutiny now because he didn't give them a tape to drool over like Allen did.  

 

He is never going to tumble, but its quite possible he wont be the first QB taken, and its not out of the question that he could be the 3rd or 4th guy taken if Rosen, Baker, and Allen go first.  Personally I still think he is one fo the first 2 QB's, but just saying its a lot closer group than people think and Darnold has done nothing since the CFB season to keep his name full of buzz.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

You have a personal grudge against him?  Why?

 

If you mean as a player, he's been unquestionably, objectively very good when healthy dating back to his last year on the Rams.  He has also unquestionably, objectively had a hard time staying healthy.  If for some strange reason the Bills could keep him healthy, you would personally get to like him.

I just think he’s very average and injury prone. Just my personal opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like going after Bradford, because after he wins us the Super Bowl, we will be forced to start him going forward and will have to leave a perennial pro-bowler that we draft on the bench.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bradford gets killed behind this line. Plus it allows them to think about an Allen more than a Rosen or Darnold. Although I guess Darnold could sit for a year. Bradford is either going to/demand to/want to play if healthy. He only has a few years in the league.

 

If they go McCown, which I would much prefer, it means Rosen or Darnold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I don't like going after Bradford, because after he wins us the Super Bowl, we will be forced to start him going forward and will have to leave a perennial pro-bowler that we draft on the bench.

hate it when that happens:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fridge said:

I'm 100% fine with us signing Bradford and drafting the best QB available at 12 to groom for a couple years. Is that so wrong?

 

It's not wrong, it's just misguided in the face of Bradford's injury history.  If Bradford makes it through preseason, it will be a pleasant surprise.  Halfway through one season, would exceed my expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fridge said:

 

In what scenario are they all gone by 12? And when you say "all"... I'm not sure what you mean. You think 5 QBs are going in the first 12 picks??

  I think that at this point Beane sits at 12 and watches things unfold hoping his guy does fall to 12.  If the wind starts blowing in a way that makes waiting at 12 too big a risk then he will jump up to get his guy.  I still think that he works with the mindset to conserve picks when possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I think Bradford gets killed behind this line. Plus it allows them to think about an Allen more than a Rosen or Darnold. Although I guess Darnold could sit for a year. Bradford is either going to/demand to/want to play if healthy. He only has a few years in the league.

 

If they go McCown, which I would much prefer, it means Rosen or Darnold.

 

If they don't seriously upgrade this line, Bradford won't make it out of preseason.  Keep all our draft picks and use them on OL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×