Rap Sheet: Bills pursuing Bradford for deal

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I think that at this point Beane sits at 12 and watches things unfold hoping his guy does fall to 12.  If the wind starts blowing in a way that makes waiting at 12 too big a risk then he will jump up to get his guy.  I still think that he works with the mindset to conserve picks when possible.

I have no problem with this plan.  There is a greediness to preemptively jumping from 12 to say 4 that could cost us valuable assets. If they have a guy that they think is the answer, then I hope they go for it, but if there's any doubt, I'd stay put.

I'm worried this could be like the 2011 NFL Draft and none of the QB's are worth it at all.  Coincidentally, the fourth QB was taken 12 overall that year...

1. Cam Newton

8. Jake Locker

10. Blaine Gabbert

12. Christian Ponder

1 minute ago, fridge said:

I have no problem with this plan.  There is a greediness to preemptively jumping from 12 to say 4 that could cost us valuable assets. If they have a guy that they think is the answer, then I hope they go for it, but if there's any doubt, I'd stay put.

I'm worried this could be like the 2011 NFL Draft and none of the QB's are worth it at all.  Coincidentally, the fourth QB was taken 12 overall that year...

1. Cam Newton

8. Jake Locker

10. Blaine Gabbert

12. Christian Ponder

Wait.... Cam wasn't worth it?

Just now, aceman_16 said:

Sorry I meant to say none of the other QB's are worth it.  The point I was trying to make is, if you can't grab your guy, don't bet the farm for someone else, they could end up being Jake Locker or Christian Ponder.

1 hour ago, BobChalmers said:

Yeah - I don't think anyone is talking about huge money for him - still probably on the order of $10M/year though.

He's a really good choice for bringing up a rookie (and Peterman for that matter). 

Sensible thing with Bradford would be to pack any deal with incentives...

Here's one: If he plays all 16 games he gets $200M, a 5% stake in the team, AND a week in the French Riviera with Kim.  Even Terry would have to feel safe with that!  :lol:

LOL I like where your mind is at! Im on record saying I don't want him either. With that said don't think Terry would agree to that because he probably heard Jeremy on wgr say if Las Vegas Knights make the playoffs he would eat a flip flop. There is always a chance!

30 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

is it just be or has the darnold hype just completely come to a halt? its like he's been an afterthought over the last month in any qb discussion I see on here or even in the media. 

It's because he didn't throw at the combine. There really is nothing to talk about. It will pick up with his pro day. He also played like crap at teh end of the year and everyone was saying he need to go back. 

9 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I think that he is saying there would have been a large possibility that there would have been guys here whining (ahead of that draft) that Locker, Gabbert, or Ponder was sure to be the savior of this franchise.  Just because a guy gets a compliment from a draft magazine or blog does not mean he is going to transition into a several year All-Pro.

13 minutes ago, fridge said:

1. Cam Newton

8. Jake Locker

10. Blaine Gabbert

12. Christian Ponder

That draft is different than this one, a lot of those guys were not viewed as first round picks (Locker/Ponder) and there were a lot more questions about Gabbert than most of the other prospects in this draft. Gabbert reminds me of Allen.

I seemed to remember the hope was we would get Ponder in the second rd (gailey apparently liked him) and I also remember being equally surprised that Locker went that high. 

12 minutes ago, fridge said:

1. Cam Newton

8. Jake Locker

10. Blaine Gabbert

12. Christian Ponder

Gabbert was a straight bust. Probably should have gone back to school. He also had like 10 different offensive coordinators. Locker was a weird pick, a ridiculous athlete who had some ups and downs and retired early. Ponder was way over drafted. People had him going in teh second or third round. He is a slightly smaller Mason Rudolph and is why you don't draft quarterbacks with limited athleticism and noodle arms in the first round. 

To me Rosen is the most bust proof of the guys this year, and maybe Darnold. Rosen's red flag is teh concussions. Allen has huge upside. Outside of those three, I don't really understand the love for guys liek Mayfield and Rudolph. Very limited athletic ability. Jackson is boom or bust.