Rap Sheet: Bills pursuing Bradford for deal

3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

That draft is different than this one, a lot of those guys were not viewed as first round picks (Locker/Ponder) and there were a lot more questions about Gabbert than most of the other prospects in this draft. Gabbert reminds me of Allen.

I seemed to remember the hope was we would get Ponder in the second rd (gailey apparently liked him) and I also remember being equally surprised that Locker went that high. 

I don't know about that.  The draft profile I found on nfl.com graded Jake Locker 7.97 (future all-pro).  Gabbert was being highly touted by Kiper and Mayock with the idea that he should be #1 vs Cam Newton (reminds me of Allen also, although to give Allen his props he plays in a real offense) .  Big surprise when Gabbert "fell" to #10

Ponder, I think was a surprise when drafted in the first and especially at #12.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Unless Arizona positions itself to get one of the top 3 he will have a chance to compete. Here it's basically inevitable, possibly before the season even begins.

A report says he is signing with Arizona..appears to be a done deal.

29 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I'd actually be really happy with Bradford. He is a very good QB when on the field, and I think he would fit Daboll's system well.

His problem has been staying on the field, not poor QB play. 

I mostly agree with this.  Bradfords absolute worst year, poor QB play by any standard, was his 2nd season in (drumroll) an E-P offense under OC Josh McDaniels.

We'll hope it was just 2nd year blahs

• Like (+1) 1

Good fit with Larry Fitzgerald and a dome team. I thought they would try to trade for Foles. Wrong again!

Just now, Mikie's Bills said:

Yea, as i said on the 2nd page, Rap never tweeted this. Was skeptical when no one else confirmed it

Good thing we added 7 more pages!!!

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know about that.  The draft profile I found on nfl.com graded Jake Locker 7.97 (future all-pro).  Gabbert was being highly touted by Kiper and Mayock with the idea that he should be #1 vs Cam Newton (reminds me of Allen also, although to give Allen his props he plays in a real offense) .  Big surprise when Gabbert "fell" to #10

Ponder, I think was a surprise when drafted in the first and especially at #12.

I am just going off of memory and I do remember that the year before this draft, people viewed Locker as a top guy, but then had such a bad year after that, people were all over the place on his rankings.  I used Gabbert and Allen as an example, not because of offenses they played in and arm strength etc. but more along the lines of where they can potentially be than where they currently are. 

Either way, I do not see the 2011 class as comparable to this class

Edited by Bray Wyatt

Well damn. I actually would have been happy with Bradford. 

We are just about down to the table scraps now... 

Bridgewater is probably the best of what's left, and I'd be happy with him (if his knee is healthy enough to play). 

Bills better pray they get their QB in the draft, otherwise they will probably be overpaying significantly for Foles (1st round pick or more) which would suck. 

Edited by BillsFan4