Rap Sheet: Bills pursuing Bradford for deal

6 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

We might stay at 12 and 21. Bradford could be mentoring Peterman. Same style of QB.

In that they both have people who insist they are better than they really are, and show you a glimmer of hope before the bottom falls out?

Bradford just gives you more, for longer.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills WRs and TEs should be excited if Bradford signs. Very accurate passer. 

Yeah.  Amazing how the QBs have lined themselves at Washington (Smith), Denver (Keenum),  Minny (Cousins),  Browns (Tyrod) , Jets (Bridgewater) leaving us and the cardinals to fight for Bradford.  Where does this leave Foles...Will that be the loser of the Bradford sweepstakes ?

Just now, ganesh said:

Yeah.  Amazing how the QBs have lined themselves at Washington (Smith), Denver (Keenum),  Minny (Cousins),  Browns (Tyrod) , Jets (Bridgewater) leaving us and the cardinals to fight for Bradford.  Where does this leave Foles...Will that be the loser of the Bradford sweepstakes ?

Some would argue that Brandford is basically only behind Cousins, and so it's the other teams that are left fighting for the scraps.

In my view, all of these guys are the same-- just bridge/insurance guys. I really don't care who we sign, but it needs to be someone.

23 minutes ago, billrooter said:

Did not realize he had a season he started that many games, just looked up his stats 20 TDs and 5 picks and 3877 yards. Those are nice stats, hopefully if he signs here we hit the lottery and he starts 15 games again.

That's the thing with him, you know if he's healthy he's going to perform well (at least middle of the league standards), but the health is really 50-50

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

Mccarron still out there as well 

not sure anyone is willing to trade for Foles what the Eagles are asking for 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd prefer Bradford over McCown, but both are injury prone.

And that’s the risk that comes with both of them. However, there really isn’t a better alternative in terms of skill and injury risk. If we do draft one of the early qb’s that would give cushion bearing the injury history associated with mccown and Bradford.

This is a risk-reward scenario. Bradford, when healthy, is better than Keenum, and is probably better than Cousins. If Zimmer started him in the Vikes-Eagles game, Vikes are probably in the Super Bowl. You are getting a possibly elite player for a low cost, but he might get injured. I think it is a good risk to take with the current free agent landscape. 

3 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I think Foles winds up in Arizona. They can't be going into Larry Fitzgerald's twilight years with a rookie and Mike Glennon. 

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills WRs and TEs should be excited if Bradford signs. Very accurate passer. 

YEah, for 5 games as long as they don't go past 5 yards down the field.

if Jarvis Landry played with Bradford, he'd have 200 catches for 1,000 yards.

Just now, The Jokeman said:

To me that's the best plan of attack and count me on the Rosen band wagon.

is it just be or has the darnold hype just completely come to a halt? its like he's been an afterthought over the last month in any qb discussion I see on here or even in the media. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is a risk-reward scenario. Bradford, when healthy, is better than Keenum, and is probably better than Cousins. If Zimmer started him in the Vikes-Eagles game, Vikes are probably in the Super Bowl. You are getting a possibly elite player for a low cost, but he might get injured. I think it is a good risk to take with the current free agent landscape. 

I think Foles winds up in Arizona. They can't be going into Larry Fitzgerald's twilight years with a rookie and Mike Glennon. 

I don't get the Bradford hype. Keenum became the starter like 3 games into the season and threw more tds than Bradford has in any season of his career.

Bradford isn't the worst but what's the point? Why pay a whatever qb $15 million plus?  If we are moving up for a real qb in the draft, let him, Peterson, & a much cheaper vet battle it out. Money could be spent so much better than on Bradford.

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I wish I shared the enthusiasm as many on here about Bradford,  he is hurt all the time. But he is not better than Cousins when healthy, he has never had a season as good as Cousins last three.

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

is it just be or has the darnold hype just completely come to a halt? its like he's been an afterthought over the last month in any qb discussion I see on here or even in the media. 

I think Darnold gets lost in the mix because he doesn't exceed in anyone area. Yet he might be the most complete QB ready for the NFL. I l know NFL.com compares him to Andrew Luck but not sure he's that good but think he's the 2nd best QB in this class behind Rosen, Allen is a distant third and then Mayfield and then Rudolph and finally Jackson. I've bolded the guys I like.