Rap Sheet: Bills pursuing Bradford for deal

If Bradford stays healthy he'd likely win a camp competition and play well enough to give the rookie a year to acclimate (like KC did this year). If he gets hurt then you still have the future of the franchise stepping in to take his place. Add in the fact that he'd likely be on a cheep "prove you can do it" contract and hes a perfect fit for a team that is clearly walking away from the draft  with a top level rookie QB. Worst case scenario, rookie starts early in the season, best case scenario Bradford plays well and is a valuable trade commodity next year. That is win- win. 

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Problem is with Bradford theres a good chance your rookie playing on day 2. 

With any QB in free agency that's a virtual guarantee. Unless you sign Kirk Cousins or Case Keenum, if we move up to 3 and take Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield like many suspect us to do, the rookie will start right away.

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO the rest of the league will laugh if they take Allen at 12 knowing he is late 1st early second round pick at best IMO. A team would have to be nuts to jump higher to take him. Any QB taken in the top 15 should be a first year starter not a bench warmer.

Were people laughing at KC this year? 

3 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Were people laughing at KC this year? 

Mahomes is 10xs the QB Allen will ever be IMO.

I get they sat him but they had the luxury of Smith on the roster so he was lucky to sit otherwise a pick that high should play.

IMO KC reached a little too much, could have got him later.

Edited by xRUSHx

12 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I really doubt the FO if they're doing all this scouting and interviewing and viewing film...and then they decide Josh Allen should be the pick at #3. Not Darnold or Rosen or Mayfield. 

could just be another smokescreen,

7 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I'd think so, Bradford is one FA QB who can be seen as a legit starter. So the things I take into account 

Everyone see the Bills moving up and knows they are most likely moving up again for a QB... If you are a FA QB you aren't signing with Buffalo with the impression you are the long term solution.

Therefore, if you are Bradford why sign with Buffalo if you don't think you are in that stage of your career? 

Because the Bills all but tell you the rookie won't push for playing time in year one and maybe not even in year two.

The only QB that would give that kind of assurance would be Allen as he's the least pro ready.

For me, if we are going after Darnold or Rosen, you go for a Moore or Anderson or Daniels or McCown. Guys who can start in a pinch but are more mentor/vet savvy backups.

hummmm.....I think if we want a multi-year bench warmer I'd go for Mike White or L. Falk over Allen.   Then use our 1st round picks to solidify the D.  

Edited by RyanC883

Josh Allen has work to do before he's ready to start.  The question is, if Sam Bradford were to sign with Buffalo, how long is the deal for, and are there any escape routes in the deal should Allen progress faster than expected.  The Bills would not want to be loaded down with a boatload of dead cap obligations should they want to trade Bradford in a year or two.

31 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Before we get too far ahead of ourselves here, do you know where Rapoport said this?  I took a quick look through his Twitter and saw nothing about this.  Was it on TV or something? 

Just don't want everyone worrying/responding to something that was never said. 

I was wondering the same thing...