Rap Sheet: Bills pursuing Bradford for deal

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Not even close to wrong. Scary? Yes. Wrong? No. Sam Bradford is an excellent QB. Sam Bradfords body, however, is a tragedy.

I know it hasn't meant anything for him in the past, but at this point Bradford's injuries have got to mean he's coming in at a cheaper price tag.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Foles or Bradford were the 2 guys I was hoping we'd target. I don't like the idea of Allen. Give me Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen (in that order). Allen would be a project and require lots of time?

Agreed.  I've wanted them as well.  The only issue with Foles is you have to give up an asset to acquire him which would hamper our ability to snag a QB in the draft.  Even if the Eagles would take our later 1st, what are we going to do draft a QB at 12 AND snag Foles? I'd love it, but I'd think they'd want to move up and get their guy with those picks instead.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

It is wrong if the target is Josh Allen, who's nothing more than another EJ Manuel - tall, lanky, accuracy issues, folds like a cheap suit against legitimate Power 5 competition.

Of course.  I think if you stay put at 12 you might have a crack at Mayfield, right? The highlight videos I've seen from Allen scare me. He's got to shed like 6 bad habits before he has a prayer of excelling in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, fridge said:

I'm 100% fine with us signing Bradford and drafting the best QB available at 12 to groom for a couple years. Is that so wrong?

Its possible all of them could be gone by 12. Ill pass on lamar jackson. If they want bradford then they clearly want someone to learn from him. This would lead me to believe its allen. Rosen could play right now

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

Its possible all of them could be gone by 12. Ill pass on lamar jackson. If they want bradford then they clearly want someone to learn from him. This would lead me to believe its allen. Rosen could play right now

In what scenario are they all gone by 12? And when you say "all"... I'm not sure what you mean. You think 5 QBs are going in the first 12 picks??

6 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Not even close to wrong. Scary? Yes. Wrong? No. Sam Bradford is an excellent QB. Sam Bradfords body, however, is a tragedy.

My grandmother has better knees and she’s been gone forty years now.

If we get him, our rookie starts at least 4 games this year.

So remember when Tyrod threw for 58 yards against the Saints? 

2017 Bradford vs the Saints week 1: 27/32, 346 yards, 3 TDs

If we can keep him healthy he is a special player. I think Rosen is very similar in style of play, size, etc. Bradford-Rosen would make me very happy. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

So remember when Tyrod threw for 58 yards against the Saints? 

2017 Bradford vs the Saints week 1: 27/32, 346 yards, 3 TDs

If we can keep him healthy he is a special player. I think Rosen is very similar in style of play, size, etc. Bradford-Rosen would make me very happy. 

Agree 10000000000000000000000000000000000%

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Well, ok. Not my first desire but I will be good with this. 

Woke up today not wanting Allen. Saw rumor we wanted Allen. Wasn't thrilled. Makes sense now.

Also helps the trade up process. We have a capable starter so aren't as desperate if Cleveland/NYG/Indy try and drive the price up.

I think that the concern wrt price rising for Cleveland/NYG/Indy picks is probably last minute competition from other teams that are in the top 15.   Bills can accumulate enough "points" to get to #3 with ease but might have to overpay to get up to #2 and you don't want to risk going up that high and only getting your second or third choice.

On 3/12/2018 at 8:55 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bradford has always been a talented QB.  If the Bills do sign him, any rookie QB will need to be on a fast development track considering his injury history with Mike Zimmer recently saying he has a degenerative knee condition.

It all comes down to the physical if both sides want to make a deal.  If the Bills believe the knee is good why not get Bradford.   A healthy Bradford is a huge upgrade to the Bills QB position.  Can still get the future franchise QB and sit him for 1 - 3 years.  

14 minutes ago, McBean said:

I'm fine with this. I don't want our rookie QB playing day 1.

50-50 chance he may.....one hit on glassman and i dont see him getting back up...

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

With Bradford, it makes me think Rosen is the target.  I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) he's considered the most pro ready.

Bradford's knee could explode again so you'll need the rookie to be ready if that happens.

Having Bradford will be like Bledsoe again. Statue version.

Edited by PromoTheRobot