PromoTheRobot

Rap Sheet: Bills pursuing Bradford for deal

I'm 100% fine with us signing Bradford and drafting the best QB available at 12 to groom for a couple years. Is that so wrong?

• Like 4

I'm fine with this. I don't want our rookie QB playing day 1.

• Like 1

as long as this doesn't stop the bills from trading up to get their guy, (which i can't imagine it would) i'm fine with it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, fridge said:

I'm 100% fine with us signing Bradford and drafting the best QB available at 12 to groom for a couple years. Is that so wrong?

Not even close to wrong. Scary? Yes. Wrong? No. Sam Bradford is an excellent QB. Sam Bradfords body, however, is a tragedy.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Calling it now - Bills will have two QBs named Sam this year. (edit: ok, maybe one)

Edited by WotAGuy
Retracting prediction extracted from bunghole
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

It is of my opinion that I have no opinion, but with your help I shall learn what my opinion should be. 

-Ben Franklin

Multi year deal and draft a guy.  Doesn’t have to be Allen.  If the rook looks good we can try to flip Bradford in camp or at the deadline if even next year for futures.  Kind of like Philly did a few years ago ... with Bradford.

• Like 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Per @RapSheet The Bills have engaged Sam Bradford's representatives to try and get a deal done.

To me he is the obvious best fit for trying to win now while trying to build for the future.

Could throw for 4K yards and 25+ TD if he stays healthy and receiving corps gets an upgrade...............or his knee blows up and you can put the rookie stud QB in and hopefully Goff/Wentz incubate him without disturbing the process by upsetting the locker room.

Regardless of who they draft they would be hard pressed to get the kind of numbers from them in the first two seasons that a healthy Bradford could produce so you won't be sacrificing much even if the rookie sits until some point in year 2.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fridge said:

Foles or Bradford were the 2 guys I was hoping we'd target. I don't like the idea of Allen. Give me Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen (in that order). Allen would be a project and require lots of time?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fridge said:

It is wrong if the target is Josh Allen, who's nothing more than another EJ Manuel - tall, lanky, accuracy issues, folds like a cheap suit against legitimate Power 5 competition.

• Like 1

Well, ok. Not my first desire but I will be good with this. 

Woke up today not wanting Allen. Saw rumor we wanted Allen. Wasn't thrilled. Makes sense now.

Also helps the trade up process. We have a capable starter so aren't as desperate if Cleveland/NYG/Indy try and drive the price up.

Sam is a good vet option IMO... veyr accurate passe.. Hopefully he can stay healthy

Id be cool with this signing but its still ABA over here.

Best case scenario would be Rosen Mayfield or Darnold holding clipboard while Bradford tries to stay off IR.

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Not even close to wrong. Scary? Yes. Wrong? No. Sam Bradford is an excellent QB. Sam Bradfords body, however, is a tragedy.

I know it hasn't meant anything for him in the past, but at this point Bradford's injuries have got to mean he's coming in at a cheaper price tag.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Foles or Bradford were the 2 guys I was hoping we'd target. I don't like the idea of Allen. Give me Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen (in that order). Allen would be a project and require lots of time?

Agreed.  I've wanted them as well.  The only issue with Foles is you have to give up an asset to acquire him which would hamper our ability to snag a QB in the draft.  Even if the Eagles would take our later 1st, what are we going to do draft a QB at 12 AND snag Foles? I'd love it, but I'd think they'd want to move up and get their guy with those picks instead.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

It is wrong if the target is Josh Allen, who's nothing more than another EJ Manuel - tall, lanky, accuracy issues, folds like a cheap suit against legitimate Power 5 competition.

Of course.  I think if you stay put at 12 you might have a crack at Mayfield, right? The highlight videos I've seen from Allen scare me. He's got to shed like 6 bad habits before he has a prayer of excelling in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, fridge said:

Its possible all of them could be gone by 12. Ill pass on lamar jackson. If they want bradford then they clearly want someone to learn from him. This would lead me to believe its allen. Rosen could play right now

I don't mind this as long as its for a back up salary.

• Like 1

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

Its possible all of them could be gone by 12. Ill pass on lamar jackson. If they want bradford then they clearly want someone to learn from him. This would lead me to believe its allen. Rosen could play right now

In what scenario are they all gone by 12? And when you say "all"... I'm not sure what you mean. You think 5 QBs are going in the first 12 picks??