Jets linked to Teddy Bridgewater

They probably still draft Someone, but have thought that Bridgewater and McCarron were guys you take with the intent to come in and be developed to take the starter role, not bridge guys who come in to fill the gap until the rookie is ready. Maybe the Jets decide not to go QB early signing Bridgewater and take a 2nd or 3rd tier guy in the draft?

2 minutes ago, jr1 said:

he had one of the worst leg injuries in NFL history. Good luck

I've said this repeatedly as well.

The statistics on that injury show less than a 15% chance to return to 85% prior level of function.

Also has a huge reinjury rate.

So he has less than a 15% chance to get back to 85% of mediocre.

I still trust Bradford's knee more that bridgewater, but that's like saying I trust Brady more than belichick to not cheat.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Denver AND the Jets will still draft their guy. Bills still need to get to #2 or 3 in draft. I really hate this Allen stuff coming out (if true).

Dever is reported to not be in for a QB after signing keenum

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Denver AND the Jets will still draft their guy. Bills still need to get to #2 or 3 in draft. I really hate this Allen stuff coming out (if true).

I'm not sold on the Broncos picking a QB at 5. I think they are more in a " win now " mode and will need to replace Talib. They want to win with their defense and efficient , smart QB play. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Allen is EJ Manuel all over again...hoped we learned our lesson, but then again, this is a new regime.

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'm not sold on the Broncos picking a QB at 5. I think they are more in a " win now " mode and will need to replace Talib. They want to win with their defense and efficient , smart QB play. 

As I mentioned, it also depends on whether they still like Siemian and Lynch. They have young developmental guys who may just need time behind Keenum. Keenum let's them try to win now while developing someone for after. Could be willing to trade down to 12 and go after Allen or Jackson if they don't like their current developmental guys. I think it definitely rules them out of taking someone ready to step in now

17 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I've said this repeatedly as well.

The statistics on that injury show less than a 15% chance to return to 85% prior level of function.

Also has a huge reinjury rate.

So he has less than a 15% chance to get back to 85% of mediocre.

I still trust Bradford's knee more that bridgewater, but that's like saying I trust Brady more than belichick to not cheat.

Dever is reported to not be in for a QB after signing keenum

You know I'm aligned with your view on Bradford and Bridgewater.  I would not want to bet the success of the franchise on either one.

I think Denver will still draft a QB, but if they do sign Keenum to a several-year deal (which he will want), I would think they would take someone lower down, someone they think has promise to develop, and fill out a different hole in their roster with a high pick.  It would kind of depend on whether or not they've 100% given up on Paxton Lynch?

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

What Allen stuff is this?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You know I'm aligned with your view on Bradford and Bridgewater.  I would not want to bet the success of the franchise on either one.

I think Denver will still draft a QB, but if they do sign Keenum to a several-year deal (which he will want), I would think they would take someone lower down, someone they think has promise to develop, and fill out a different hole in their roster with a high pick.  It would kind of depend on whether or not they've 100% given up on Paxton Lynch?

Yeah hap, agreed.

I meant Denver wouldn't be in for a QB @#5 but instead later round Dev QB, I should have clarified

And yeah, I would not trust bridge or Brad to be the franchise plan, but if forced to choose, I take Bradford

Edited by SouthNYfan
Added last line

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Pure speculation by that Albright fella that we might be interested in Josh Allen.  I don't think it's connected to any inside info on what OBD is thinking.