Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheTruthHurts

Jets linked to Teddy Bridgewater

Recommended Posts

This makes sense for them It's a good fit and I think it is in their coach-GM's best interest to get more of a veteran than drafting a guy early. They are on the hotseat with just 2 year extensions to prove themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good. he wasnt very good with minny and now with one leg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he had one of the worst leg injuries in NFL history. Good luck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denver AND the Jets will still draft their guy. Bills still need to get to #2 or 3 in draft. I really hate this Allen stuff coming out (if true).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They probably still draft Someone, but have thought that Bridgewater and McCarron were guys you take with the intent to come in and be developed to take the starter role, not bridge guys who come in to fill the gap until the rookie is ready. Maybe the Jets decide not to go QB early signing Bridgewater and take a 2nd or 3rd tier guy in the draft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jr1 said:

he had one of the worst leg injuries in NFL history. Good luck

 

I've said this repeatedly as well.

The statistics on that injury show less than a 15% chance to return to 85% prior level of function.

Also has a huge reinjury rate.

 

So he has less than a 15% chance to get back to 85% of mediocre.

 

I still trust Bradford's knee more that bridgewater, but that's like saying I trust Brady more than belichick to not cheat.

 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Denver AND the Jets will still draft their guy. Bills still need to get to #2 or 3 in draft. I really hate this Allen stuff coming out (if true).

 

Dever is reported to not be in for a QB after signing keenum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Denver AND the Jets will still draft their guy. Bills still need to get to #2 or 3 in draft. I really hate this Allen stuff coming out (if true).

I'm not sold on the Broncos picking a QB at 5. I think they are more in a " win now " mode and will need to replace Talib. They want to win with their defense and efficient , smart QB play. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Denver AND the Jets will still draft their guy. Bills still need to get to #2 or 3 in draft. I really hate this Allen stuff coming out (if true).

Allen is EJ Manuel all over again...hoped we learned our lesson, but then again, this is a new regime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I think they still draft a guy.

 

Shush, your ruining it for everybody, :D

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'm not sold on the Broncos picking a QB at 5. I think they are more in a " win now " mode and will need to replace Talib. They want to win with their defense and efficient , smart QB play. 

As I mentioned, it also depends on whether they still like Siemian and Lynch. They have young developmental guys who may just need time behind Keenum. Keenum let's them try to win now while developing someone for after. Could be willing to trade down to 12 and go after Allen or Jackson if they don't like their current developmental guys. I think it definitely rules them out of taking someone ready to step in now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

 

I've said this repeatedly as well.

The statistics on that injury show less than a 15% chance to return to 85% prior level of function.

Also has a huge reinjury rate.

 

So he has less than a 15% chance to get back to 85% of mediocre.

 

I still trust Bradford's knee more that bridgewater, but that's like saying I trust Brady more than belichick to not cheat.

 

Dever is reported to not be in for a QB after signing keenum

 

You know I'm aligned with your view on Bradford and Bridgewater.  I would not want to bet the success of the franchise on either one.

 

I think Denver will still draft a QB, but if they do sign Keenum to a several-year deal (which he will want), I would think they would take someone lower down, someone they think has promise to develop, and fill out a different hole in their roster with a high pick.  It would kind of depend on whether or not they've 100% given up on Paxton Lynch?

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Denver AND the Jets will still draft their guy. Bills still need to get to #2 or 3 in draft. I really hate this Allen stuff coming out (if true).

 

What Allen stuff is this?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

You know I'm aligned with your view on Bradford and Bridgewater.  I would not want to bet the success of the franchise on either one.

 

I think Denver will still draft a QB, but if they do sign Keenum to a several-year deal (which he will want), I would think they would take someone lower down, someone they think has promise to develop, and fill out a different hole in their roster with a high pick.  It would kind of depend on whether or not they've 100% given up on Paxton Lynch?

 

What Allen stuff is this?

 

Yeah hap, agreed.

I meant Denver wouldn't be in for a QB @#5 but instead later round Dev QB, I should have clarified

 

And yeah, I would not trust bridge or Brad to be the franchise plan, but if forced to choose, I take Bradford

Edited by SouthNYfan
Added last line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What Allen stuff is this?

Pure speculation by that Albright fella that we might be interested in Josh Allen.  I don't think it's connected to any inside info on what OBD is thinking.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be good....Bridgewater is a bridge at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With McCown back to the NYJ, what's up with Bridgewater?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

With McCown back to the NYJ, what's up with Bridgewater?

 

If you don't know, nobody else on here is going to. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×