2018 NCAA Tourney

plenzmd1

21 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

No one was beating Villanova this year. Really impressive run. 

Except Xavier who won the Big East regular season.....aw, who am I kidding? We won the regular season, but when they HAD to win, they stepped up and stomped us. Jay Wright is amazing! 

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Thud.

While the game turning into a blowout played a factor, I think the biggest reason for the ratings decline is that the game aired on cable rather than CBS.  This has happened repeatedly.  I think next year it goes back to CBS.

Michigan obviously has a strong national fan base and Villanova has been very good for a while now.  I don't believe interest in the NCAA championship is fading.

8 minutes ago, eball said:

While the game turning into a blowout played a factor, I think the biggest reason for the ratings decline is that the game aired on cable rather than CBS.  This has happened repeatedly.  I think next year it goes back to CBS.

Michigan obviously has a strong national fan base and Villanova has been very good for a while now.  I don't believe interest in the NCAA championship is fading.

JUst as big to me is starting time. I don't even attempt to watch the game live knowing no way I make it till the end..I just DVT the thing and watch in the early morning. 

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

JUst as big to me is starting time. I don't even attempt to watch the game live knowing no way I make it till the end..I just DVT the thing and watch in the early morning. 

this is what happens to me, and at this point i almost never go back to watch it.  i just can't stay awake past the first half.

3 hours ago, eball said:

Has there been a change in starting time recently I'm unaware of?  I think the national championship game has been starting that late for years.

It went to the late start in the East in 1977

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It went to the late start in the East in 1977

My point exactly.  The late start isn't the reason for any declining viewership.  It's primarily that the game wasn't on CBS.

10 minutes ago, eball said:

My point exactly.  The late start isn't the reason for any declining viewership.  It's primarily that the game wasn't on CBS.

well, maybe cause it's so easy to DVR now as opposed to 10 years ago?

I too was shocked when I looked for it on CBS..when did it move off CBS?

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I too was shocked when I looked for it on CBS..when did it move off CBS?

Not sure exactly but it coincided with the TBS deal...it now alternates (I think?) between being aired on CBS and TBS.  It was CBS last year (when ratings were much higher), and TBS two years ago (when they were lower).  Returns to CBS next year.

2 hours ago, eball said:

That was strange when I went to look for it. 

Like the Super Bowl, I’m sure some smart people have chosen the starting times, and I’m $ure they have their reasons, but I wish they would make it easier to watch for the average person. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

That was strange when I went to look for it. 

Like the Super Bowl, I’m sure some smart people have chosen the starting times, and I’m $ure they have their reasons, but I wish they would make it easier to watch for the average person. 

It all changed around 1975 with sports going prime time and finishing late on the east coast

glad you are all learning this fact in 2018

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It all changed around 1975 with sports going prime time and finishing late on the east coast

glad you are all learning this fact in 2018

If you don’t stop now, I’ll have to ask you to get off my lawn! 

:)

Even my kids hate it.