2018 NCAA Tourney

plenzmd1

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Weird defense by Houston on that last play. Let MI inbound with no pressure almost to half court. Hindsight is 20-20, but why not pressure the inbounds pass and also force Michigan to catch to ball well before half court? 

Yeah...it's not like Christian Laettner's shot hasn't been seen like a billion times...this time Mich had even more time!  :blink:  You don't even have to go back that far...earlier this year,  Maryland had a chance at a win when it didn't guard the inbounder with Michigan down by one and 3.5 seconds left.  Abdur-Rahkman was able to catch a long pass, drove for the basket and got fouled. He knocked down both free throws and Michigan wins....

22 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Izzo stymied by the zone!! 

If I weren’t a Syracuse fan, I would find their games unwatchable. 

Good point but yet remember those DARN 4 corners that the late Dean Smith ran at North Carolina. ?

Sunday night at 9:40ish  WVU and Marshall tangle in San Diego for the trip to sweet 16.

A late night for fans of the Eers and the Herd.

WVU's  Press Virginia defense will cause Marshall serious problems.

Since I had a daughter graduate from both schools, I have no favorite.  I just want to see an exciting contest

On 3/17/2018 at 10:41 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nice payout.

When they first showed that ticket on TV, I thought 20:1 odds for a 1 versus a 16, and the number 1 seed at that, that's pretty crappy odds.  But then again, Vegas is about making money and I it was good enough for someone to lay down $800.