Albright: Broncos Targeting Mayfield, Bill's Josh Allen

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Changed his tune

You truly never know, but just based on the quarterbacks MacCagnan and Bates have drafted in the past, I dont believe Allen is their first choice.  In fact I think they'd be likely to take Mayfield over him.   If we want Rosen I think we have to get up to #2.

I think the Bills want Mayfield....

Couple of reasons:

1) He seems like he has the burning competitive fire that McDermott loves... I could see them doing MMA workouts together at 3:30 am in order to warm up for weights at 5:00

2) Beane mentioned putting out a lot of disinformation as "smoke screens" during an interview on WGR a while back. The fact that there has been almost nothing linking the Bills to Mayfield but a TON linking them to Rosen (plus the scoop "thrust upon" reporters about Allen) makes me wonder...

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe they would jump at next year’s 1st though

The Browns really ought to win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years or so with all these high 1st round picks.

I'd draft Chubb if I were them to pair with their DE from last season.

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I think the Bills want Mayfield....

Couple of reasons:

1) He seems like he has the burning competitive fire that McDermott loves... I could see them doing MMA workouts together at 3:30 am in order to warm up for weights at 5:00

2) Beane mentioned putting out a lot of disinformation as "smoke screens" during an interview on WGR a while back. The fact that there has been almost nothing linking the Bills to Mayfield but a TON linking them to Rosen (plus the scoop "thrust upon" reporters about Allen) makes me wonder...

The Browns really ought to win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years or so with all these high 1st round picks.

I'd draft Chubb if I were them to pair with their DE from last season.

If I were the Browns I would wait until next year’s class to take the DE to pair with Garrett. There are 4 better than Chubb and they really need a CB with their 2nd 1st this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/13/2018 at 11:23 AM, NewEraBills said:

If we made all of these moves for Allen I'll be so upset.  But like everything else, I'll wait and see.

Especially when we could have stayed where we were last year and drafted Watson who was 10x the prospect.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

If I were the Browns I would wait until next year’s class to take the DE to pair with Garrett. There are 4 better than Chubb and they really need a CB with their 2nd 1st this year. 

The absolutely must draft Barkley to take pressure off of Taylor and their defense.

10 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I just don't see why Browns would do that deal. They need playmakers they don't need more picks. They have plenty of picks already

If the Browns front office has half a brain, they could build a powerhouse. 

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Especially when we could have stayed where we were last year and drafted Watson who was 10x the prospect.

But he went 12th in a weaker QB draft and Allen is likely to go in the top 5 in a loaded QB draft. Watson may end up being the better nfl QB, but it appears the NFL didn’t/doesn’t see them the same way you do as “prospects”

Just now, Meazy26 said:

If the Browns front office has half a brain, they could build a powerhouse. 

Dorsey said he plans to win this year. I think they want big time players (like what you would get at 4) not a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round picks when they already have a bunch of those

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

But he went 12th in a weaker QB draft and Allen is likely to go in the top 5 in a loaded QB draft. Watson may end up being the better nfl QB, but it appears the NFL didn’t/doesn’t see them the same way you do as “prospects”

There wasn't nearly as much desperation last year. In 2017 there were a lot of teams settling in and comfortable with a rebuild. This year I can think of virtually 0 teams that applies to. Maybe the seahawks, but not really since they have a QB

4 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Dorsey said he plans to win this year. I think they want big time players (like what you would get at 4) not a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round picks when they already have a bunch of those

Maybe he could be tempted by Jerry Hughes as part of a package for #4, or even Lawson.

Edited by BullBuchanan

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

I just don't see why Browns would do that deal. They need playmakers they don't need more picks. They have plenty of picks already

Well, with all the ammunition they already have (plus whatever the Bills give them in the trade-up), the Browns could still move back into the top 10 if they so desire.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 9:54 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

No thanks to Allen.

Accuracy issues. Forget the "Strong arm"

JP Losman had a "Strong arm"

You need a lot more than arm strength 

His accuracy issues are far overblown. Study the tape. Watch every throw. When he isnt running for his life and can throw behind a good pocket he makes excellent accurate throws. He struggles when his feet arent set.

On 3/22/2018 at 2:19 PM, BullBuchanan said:

The absolutely must draft Barkley to take pressure off of Taylor and their defense.

IMO Brown's are considering Barkley at 1 and if they take him only then will Giants trade out. I have heard rumors that the Giants want Barkley and if they do not get him a trade is in place with Buffalo to get McCoy and move to 12 pick. I also heard Giants will be looking for a later round QB to sit a few seasons behind Eli. I think WR will be who they pick at 12 then, IMO they could be very powerful with McCoy and if they end up with Barkley just as deadly. All lays at who Cleveland takes IMO. I also heard Cleveland was willing to trade for McCoy but the Bills won't do that to McCoy,  so if he gets traded it will only be to a team fighting for a SB run otherwise he stays. If Cleveland goes QB Giants will run to go get Barkley IMO.

For the love of the Bills please say no to Allen/Jackson.

Edited by xRUSHx

I really can not believe that McBeane is targeting Allen.  He doesn't fit their mold, imo.

Now Rosen, on the other hand... that make sense.

If we trade up, it will be for Rosen.  Otherwise we will stay pat and just draft a bunch of studs.

I can't see it any other way. 

30 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO Brown's are considering Barkley at 1 and if they take him only then will Giants trade out. I have heard rumors that the Giants want Barkley and if they do not get him a trade is in place with Buffalo to get McCoy and move to 12 pick. I also heard Giants will be looking for a later round QB to sit a few seasons behind Eli. I think WR will be who they pick at 12 then, IMO they could be very powerful with McCoy and if they end up with Barkley just as deadly. All lays at who Cleveland takes IMO. I also heard Cleveland was willing to trade for McCoy but the Bills won't do that to McCoy,  so if he gets traded it will only be to a team fighting for a SB run otherwise he stays. If Cleveland goes QB Giants will run to go get Barkley IMO.

For the love of the Bills please say no to Allen/Jackson.

Say Darnold, Rosen and Allen are the top 3 picks and we were unable to get into the top 3......what would you do?