Albright: Broncos Targeting Mayfield, Bill's Josh Allen

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

No I’m not.  I’m merely comparing a small sample size of the two QB’s when asked to play in a pro style offense and take snaps under center.  Allen did well.  Mayfield did not do so well.  Mayfield is likely, similar to Watson in Houston, going to need an offense designed around his capabilities.

You're comparing a week of practices and an exhibition game to 4 years of excellent game tape. It'll be a transition for Mayfield to adjust to playing under center but I don't see it as a huge issue. 

Meanwhile Josh Allen routinely misses routine passes in the flat. 

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Why would this report from a moron take anything away?  There have been very few, if any leaks from this FO.  How did this doofus supposedly get his scoop?  He didn't.  He is throwing darts.

The guys on WGR were saying he’s been right on some things but I hope you’re right.

I learned my lesson a long time ago, that I should trust the real NFL talent evaluators, and not go with my own fan based opinion.  When the choice was who is better, Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf, I thought it was an easy decision.  Manning looked slow and unimpressive to my untrained eye.  Ryan Leaf on the other hand, reminded me of Dan Marino for some reason.  I have never been so wrong before, so I'm going to just trust Beane and the front office and support their decision, as long as it isn't that midget Baker Mayfield (kidding).

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It wouldn't shock me at all with many good RBs available in the draft and Rosen's personality causing him to slip a bit.  We'll see. 

Agree. You never know. This QBitis can cause strange things to happen, especially for teams seeking a vet in free agency and striking out. May push QB's up and Barkley down a couple of slots.

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I learned my lesson a long time ago, that I should trust the real NFL talent evaluators, and not go with my own fan based opinion.  When the choice was who is better, Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf, I thought it was an easy decision.  Manning looked slow and unimpressive to my untrained eye.  Ryan Leaf on the other hand, reminded me of Dan Marino for some reason.  I have never been so wrong before, so I'm going to just trust Beane and the front office and support their decision, as long as it isn't that midget Baker Mayfield (kidding).

tumblr_lrsjk93x1G1qkwefjo1_400.jpg

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Hey, they make mistakes too.  Your own example shows it.  Some NFL evaluators had high grades on Leaf and they were wrong.  It happens.  I hope it does not happen to us AGAIN (Losman, EJ).  We just can't afford that.  That's why, no to Allen, please.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

tumblr_lrsjk93x1G1qkwefjo1_400.jpg

Funny that if Mayfield was 2 or 3 inches taller, everyone would want him at the 1st pick.  Hard to imagine what 2 more inches will do for you.  Actually 6' 1" is tall for my neck of the woods.

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

Hey, they make mistakes too.  Your own example shows it.  Some NFL evaluators had high grades on Leaf and they were wrong.  It happens.  I hope it does not happen to us AGAIN (Losman, EJ).  We just can't afford that.  That's why, no to Allen, please.

If nothing else, you just CAN’T draft a guy under 60% completions...that’s a MAJOR red flag in the NFL...even us amateurs know that. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, zonabb said:

If they fall for Allen, Beane is no better than anyone they've had at GM. He is Losman and Manuel... physical tools with major, uncorrectable deficiencies. 

Not to hijack the thread. But Losman was an idiot frat boy. Bad combination for a rookie QB. EJ was smart, worked hard, had all the tools, just couldn't put it together. 

5 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Funny that if Mayfield was 2 or 3 inches taller, everyone would want him at the 1st pick.  Hard to imagine what 2 more inches will do for you.  Actually 6' 1" is tall for my neck of the woods.

If I had 2 more inches I would be much less single....or maybe more single.....:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

You're comparing a week of practices and an exhibition game to 4 years of excellent game tape. It'll be a transition for Mayfield to adjust to playing under center but I don't see it as a huge issue. 

Meanwhile Josh Allen routinely misses routine passes in the flat. 

You’re putting words into my mouth.  I never said that Mayfield couldn’t adapt to a more pro-style offense, and I never said that the senior bowl is the end all, be all of NFL talent evaluation.  I merely offered the opinion, based on what I saw from both QB’s working from under center at the Senior Bowl, that Josh Allen is more prepared to run a pro-style offense.  I don’t think that many posters here would disagree with that assessment.

Right now, IMO, I think Rosen, Darnold, and Allen (in that order) are the most prepared to take over a NFL pro-style offense.

Don’t let your man-crush for Mayfield and his sassy facial hair cloud your judgement.

3 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

No thanks to Allen.

Accuracy issues. Forget the "Strong arm"

JP Losman had a "Strong arm"

You need a lot more than arm strength 

EJ Manuel and JaMarcus Russell have strong arms

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I merely offered the opinion, based on what I saw from both QB’s working from under center at the Senior Bowl, that Josh Allen is more prepared to run a pro-style offense.  I don’t think that many posters here would disagree with that assessment.

I think this is incorrect. I think most posters view Allen as the most raw top QB prospect. 

• Like (+1) 1