Albright: Broncos Targeting Mayfield, Bill's Josh Allen

17 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think he's a better fit for a pro-style offense.  Played out of shotgun, pistol, 3 step drop, 7 step drop, and can run if needed.   I think a good OC can use him in any offense, where as an OC would need to build their offense around Mayfield.  Did you watch Mayfield playing from under center in the senior bowl?  He was a mess.  JMO, man.

You are putting too much stock in the Senior Bowl and not enough in actual games

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I would be fine with Allen at 12, but if we move into the top 4 and he's the reason I'm going to be very nervous.

Allen would be a 2 year project with the best QB coach. I could live with that at 12 if it is not possible to trade up. 

13 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

You are putting too much stock in the Senior Bowl and not enough in actual games

Well, the senior bowl was the only game in which Allen was playing with legitimate Division 1 athletes.

1 hour ago, bigduke6 said:

this is how everybody should settle differences on this board,     no name calling,   condescending words,   just this.    well done.  :)

Thanks.....it is actually pretty easy to be nice!

30 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Doubt Barkley drops past 2 and Rosen drops out of the top 5......

Cleveland is in a good position, if they are smart take Barkley first and then QB 4th. They walk out of the draft with possibly the drafts best player in Barkley and one of the top QBs. 

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Doubt Barkley drops past 2 and Rosen drops out of the top 5......

Cleveland is in a good position, if they are smart take Barkley first and then QB 4th. They walk out of the draft with possibly the drafts best player in Barkley and one of the top QBs. 

It wouldn't shock me at all with many good RBs available in the draft and Rosen's personality causing him to slip a bit.  We'll see. 

21 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

No I’m not.  I’m merely comparing a small sample size of the two QB’s when asked to play in a pro style offense and take snaps under center.  Allen did well.  Mayfield did not do so well.  Mayfield is likely, similar to Watson in Houston, going to need an offense designed around his capabilities.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It wouldn't shock me at all with many good RBs available in the draft and Rosen's personality causing him to slip a bit.  We'll see. 

Sure there are good RBs available, but Barkley is being talked about as being one of the best to come out in a long time. Having a stud RB would really help the Browns offence.

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

So, over/under for how many more years McBeane have left if the draft Allen?

As high as I was about all the other moves, this report has taken that away...hope it’s not true, but if they go take Allen they will be the laughingstock of the NFL.

Why would this report from a moron take anything away?  There have been very few, if any leaks from this FO.  How did this doofus supposedly get his scoop?  He didn't.  He is throwing darts.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

This can't be true McBeane aren't this dumb.

Plus NFL network saying Denver not going after a QB with Keenum on board.

I find that hard to believe, Keenum didn't get a big deal, and isn't really someone you hedge your bets on.

Cousins was the only QB that would preclude a team from taking a QB.

Trading up for Allen would be a huge step back after all the moves Beane has made.

We dont even have a QB coach.

Really hope its a smoke screen or an elaborate ruse.

Rosen Mayfield and Darnold are the only QBs i would trade into the top 5 for. 

If we stay at 12 we could roll with Roquon Smith at LB and take Rudolph or Jackson at 22.

Would prefer that vs any scenario of us with Allen at QB 

I'm not a big game film guy, but why are soooo many against Allen?  Why do soooo many real NFL draft guys like him?  Am I wrong in saying that Brett Favre had a big arm in college, but was risky because he was not accurate and was a gun slinger?

I'm going to trust the professionals and if they choose Josh Allen, I'm going to trust they know what they are doing.  They have seen HOURS and HOURS of film on these guys and have spent HOURS interviewing the player, coaches, family, friends, teachers, etc.  They have TONS of scouts giving their opinions on these guys, and if they choose Josh Allen, I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by PIZ

Just now, PIZ said:

I'm not a big game film guy, but why are soooo many against Allen?  Why do soooo many real NFL draft guys like him?  Am I wrong in saying that Brett Favre had a big arm in college, but was risky because he was not accurate and was a gun slinger?

If you watched him you would have seen how truly bad he was, his highlights are amazing but the rest of his play is horrendous.

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I'm going to trust the professionals and if they choose Josh Allen, I'm going to trust they know what they are doing.  They have seen HOURS and HOURS of film on these guys and have spent HOURS interviewing the player, coaches, family, friends, teachers, etc.  They have TONS of scouts giving their opinions on these guys, and if they choose Josh Allen, I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt.

That’s not how this board operates.  Most folks were ready to run McBean out of town on a rail before the Bills had even played a single game this season.