Albright: Broncos Targeting Mayfield, Bill's Josh Allen

23 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Allbright tweeted back in January that Denver likes Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen and Buffalo wants to trade up for Josh Allen. He thinks Denver will take Mayfield at 5.

So, over/under for how many more years McBeane have left if the draft Allen?

As high as I was about all the other moves, this report has taken that away...hope it’s not true, but if they go take Allen they will be the laughingstock of the NFL.

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

As high as I was about all the other moves, this report has taken that away...hope it’s not true.

So Allen is a bust?  Why is he being talked about as a top 4 (or even first overall) pick?

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

So Allen is a bust?  Why is he being talked about as a top 4 (or even first overall) pick?

Because, just as the Cleveland radio host said yesterday on WGR, it’s a ponzu scheme where GMs are purposely hyping up so that they can get their guy...

To me Allen is EJ Manuel with s stronger arm.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, fridge said:

In half of Allen’s highlights he rolls out and barely gets the throw off. Based on his instincts, he will end up taking an insane amount of sacks in the NFL.

this is true.  his first instinct is to escape the pocket the loooooooong way by running around the DE instead of stepping up.  he can't do that in the NFL.  the DE will be faster than him.  he's going to run right into many sacks until he figures that out

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

As high as I was about all the other moves, this report has taken that away...hope it’s not true, but if they go take Allen they will be the laughingstock of the NFL.

They certainly won't be the laughingstock, at least not until Allen actually proves to be a bust. Pretty much everyone outside of PFF and fans like ourselves are very high on him.

56 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

He said bills are going up for Rosen but keep an eye on Allen as a possibility.

The pinned tweet in question is a guess on his part Allbright tweet

Is that the tweet in question that started  is thread?

It was from back in January... and she even says he was guessing. lol. 

And I can't remember Albright being right all that often anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

I imagine all of you who are complaining have sat around and watched hours of Wyoming football game footage, no?

it seems anyone who actually does the research for a living loves the kid.

NO they all say the same thing. Has accuracy issues will need time to adjust to the NFL, has a high ceiling but equally low basement, not a day 1 starter.

Who wastes a high 1st rd pick on a 2-3 year project QB. Allen is not ready to roll and will require patience that may never be rewarded

Edited by ddaryl

18 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Aaaaaaand that's your opinion.....that funky release and all....you can have it.

I love QB's that can make throws off balance. Probably why I like him so much. Remind  me of Winston and Stafford as prospects. His mechanics are fixable, but the raw talent and field awareness is something you can't coach. 

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

I love QB's that can make throws off balance. Probably why I like him so much. Remind  me of Winston and Stafford as prospects. His mechanics are fixable, but the raw talent and field awareness is something you can't coach. 

K - we agree to disagree on this one for sure.....

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

bit dramatic.

2 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

K - we agree to disagree on this one for sure.....

this is how everybody should settle differences on this board,     no name calling,   condescending words,   just this.    well done.  :)

27 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Albright has been wrong a lot

They throw crap against the wall a lot.  Denver needs a qb so let's say they want a qb.  Teams should purposely leak wrong info.

their agenda has been drafting a guy like Allen but that has blown up in their faces.  If they are really getting Keenum, Mayfield would make a ton of sense.  But let's be honest. They already have their qb, Swag Kelly. Dude has an Ak for an arm.