DT Star Lotulelei to Bills!

1 minute ago, Wsam4031 said:

I watched them a lot. His rookie season was a beast but since then nothing special. Not a huge fan of the signing but I guess that depends on how much they are going to pay him. 5-6 mill decent signing 7-10 gonna need a barf bag. Hopefully im wrong and he shows something

Thanks. I'm watching highlight videos of him on YouTube, he seemed like a reaaaaaallly good prospect coming out of college, hopefully he returns to form. I'm going to dig around for more videos.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love Samoans! This seemed obvious from the start. He is pretty one dimensional but he is really good at that skill.

any idea how his play was last year?

I prefer the Thin Mints and the Tagalongs, but Samoas are indeed tasty in their own right...

Oh wait...

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Carolina's defensive ranking in rushing yards per attempt the last 3 seasons:

2015: 7th

2016: 9th

2017: 11th

The pessimistic take on this is that 11 players in Carolina's front 7 played enough to be ranked in PFF's system. Of those, 8 graded out as above average in terms of stopping the run. 1 was slightly below average. Star and Kyle Love ranked as 2 of the worst in the entire league.

how can anyone be upset about this signing. Our run defense was putrid after it was obvious to  Dareus that he was on the outside looking in. Both Beane and McDermott know exactly what they're getting in Lutulelei. Beane has made it a point to shed the large contracts of unproductive players that don't fit the process. So I trust that this is a good move for the organization, regardless of contract size.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Hell fell off when they were going to the Super Bowl?

He frees up linebackers, I'm sure Keuchly will miss him.  He won't make all the plays himself but he was a big piece on that Carolina defense don't be mistaken. Stats don't show everything.

Edited by Buffalo30
  • Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

He frees up linebackers, I'm sure Keuchly will miss him.  He won't make all the plays himself but he was a big piece on that Carolina defense don't be mistaken. Stats don't show everything.

I was questioning the validity of the previous poster's statement that said he has fallen off the last few years despite only being in the league 5 years and going to the Super Bowl in his 3rd.  

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The pessimistic take on this is that 11 players in Carolina's front 7 played enough to be ranked in PFF's system. Of those, 8 graded out as above average in terms of stopping the run. 1 was slightly below average. Star and Kyle Love ranked as 2 of the worst in the entire league.

yup. https://www.catscratchreader.com/2018/1/5/16852940/pro-football-focus-2017-final-ratings-for-every-carolina-panthers-defensive-player

1 minute ago, jdonley1180 said:

how can anyone be upset about this signing. Our run defense was putrid after it was obvious to  Dareus that he was on the outside looking in. Both Beane and McDermott know exactly what they're getting in Lutulelei. Beane has made it a point to shed the large contracts of unproductive players that don't fit the process. So I trust that this is a good move for the organization, regardless of contract size.

I really feel we are moving up and will have to package multiple picks to get to 2 or 3......which means a few less picks to fill needs.  This fills a major need.

I think the Bills actually like Adolphus Washington too.

So now we need a right tackle, MLB, speed WR and more depth on the oline.

Just now, dneveu said:

We gave up 190 or more rushing yards 4 times...  There was a definite need for a NT after we lost Dareus.

Many people complained about Dareus saying he didn't do anything and them complained about how bad they were after he left. Sometimes their importance isn't noticed through measurable personal stats like tackles and sacks

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I was questioning the validity of the previous poster's statement that said he has fallen off the last few years despite only being in the league 5 years and going to the Super Bowl in his 3rd.  

Yeah I quoted the wrong post haha my bad. Still like the signing and he's not declining.  He just does a different job.  He frees up everyone else.  Gotta have that guy on the team.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The same PFF that when Aaron Rodgers tossed 5 TD passes in a game, gave him a negative grade?

• Haha (+1) 2