DT Star Lotulelei to Bills!

7 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

When you eat up blockers it's usually the linebackers who get the ball carrier.  Stuffing the run for a DT is a lot more about holding the point of attack and freeing up your linebackers to make tackles then actually making tackles yourself.  It looks like to me people are pulling a stat from PFF and using that as the only determination of how good Lotulelei is.  For me, Beane and McDermotte have my full faith and if they think Lotulelei is what they need, then I am all for it.

I know what a run stuffer is and does, I played football since I was young to my college years. I'm just stating that he isn't even graded well against thew run, if you find somewhere that he's a good run stuffing DT than post it for all to see but you won't, nowhere on here does it state he is good and holding the point of attack.

8 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Oh so you haven’t watched him.

Have you? 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I know what a run stuffer is and does, I played football since I was young to my college years. I'm just stating that he isn't even graded well against thew run, if you find somewhere that he's a good run stuffing DT than post it for all to see but you won't, nowhere on here does it state he is good and holding the point of attack.

Then why did you make such and emphasis on his number of tackles?  Who grades are you using, PFF?  So are they the universal source on determining a player's value now?  

Guy on the internet has googled around a bit looking for evidence of a player's stoutness against the run.  Assumes he knows better than people that have spent years working directly with the player, and a staff of people that devote their entire professional lives to evaluating NFL players.  Adds up.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Then why did you make such and emphasis on his number of tackles?  Who grades are you using, PFF?  So are they the universal source on determining a player's value now?  

Yes they give you an idea of what you're getting in a player. Again you have provided no new information so I'm going to suggest you havent found any new info to add?

It's about familiarity and reliability.  They know this guy.  Secondly, Star doesn't make a lot of headlines but he does the dirty work.  Not a very exciting signing but should be one that makes it more difficult for people to run up the middle on us.