DT Star Lotulelei to Bills!

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Panthers signed DT Dontari Poe, formerly of the Falcons, to a three-year, $27 million contract.

The Panthers took two days to find their Star Lotulelei replacement

Yeah, I saw that.  I like Poe's game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I didn't say "get sacks".

Quick pressure up the middle forces the QB to get rid of the ball quickly.  A lot of offenses are predicated on timing and getting the ball out.  Penetration up the middle through DT is how you knock that timing off.  You don't build a defensive line in 2018 by putting two block eating "run stoppers" together at DT, bottom line.

yes you do  :P

Just have them put their hands off and shut down the middle of the field when after they push the pocket back 3 yards. Simple.0:)

NTs who eat/ smother two Lineman, certainly could push a pocket in one on ones.

I love these guys.

Hampton and Jenkins are fine historical examples.

Still miss Ted Washington :wub:

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I hear he was cleared for his pro day?  

He is going to be fine. He has a documented history from College and was allowed to play. Combine Docs were not aware of the history.

Read that from his quotes Combine week

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeah, I saw that.  I like Poe's game.

I would have taken either. Falcons kept him one season after Chefs had him.

These players are absolutely scheme fit and i like where this scheme is going !

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Lol. He looks like a truck driver in that pic.  

Oh he will be trucking something/someone soon enough !

32 minutes ago, Haze_21 said:

Where the hell are the contract details, this is strange.

Fans are gonna B word. Maybe they will tell us during the drafting of the QB...

42 minutes ago, Haze_21 said:

Where the hell are the contract details, this is strange.

Not too strange actually. Bills have very little cap wiggle room and are waiting to see who lese they sign. Likely agreed to terms on two different contracts with Star's reps. And will choose one depending on how much cap room they need. We will know it within a day or two, if not today itself.

Full breakdown:

Star Lotulelei's five-year deal with Buffalo is worth $50 million with $25 million guaranteed. He gets a $13M signing bonus. He gets base salaries of $3.5M (fully guaranteed) in 2018, $7.15M (all guaranteed for injury, $2M fully guaranteed at signing, another $5.15M guaranteed if on roster fifth day of 2019) in 2019, $6.25 million ($1.35M guaranteed for injury only) in 2020, $6.5 million in 2021 and $6.5 million in 2022. He gets roster bonuses of $1M in 2019, 2021 and 2022 and $500,000 in 2020 — all due fifth day of league year. He also gets 46-man roster bonuses of $31,250 per game from 2018 through 2022. There are workout bonuses of $100,000 in 2018 and $250,000 from 2019-22.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Frodak_mike.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropMike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

for those that were hoping for an AJ type deal.?

Bills think he is a great fit for the vision that McDermott has. And showed that with the contract. I am cool with it.

Finish the Puzzle with  some serious LB upgrades Beane