DT Star Lotulelei to Bills!

20 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Our suspicion  has been that it is less than his agent wanted. Agents like to advertise their successes. If Star took less money to go to a coach who got the most out of him in the past (a bridge contract) it might not be something that his agent wants to brag about.

Eh IDK, Mo Wilkerson got a one year 5MM deal, and that was released right away. A lot less than anyone thought he would get.

Could it be it is still being negotiated?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Panthers fans are glad to see him go. Dareus had made both a significant impact and significant numbers, and we were glad to see him go.

What's interesting is they are glad to see him go yet they've been pretty solid against the run.  It'll be interesting to see how they look with Butler and Short, especially since Butler is another version of Short.

26 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

There are analysts out there saying stars production dropped after his rookie year.  Well the reason I think that happend was the loss of Greg Hardy.   Hardy was a difference maker.  

K.Short is the best 3 tech in football, so he had a stud next to him as well.

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

What's interesting is they are glad to see him go yet they've been pretty solid against the run.  It'll be interesting to see how they look with Butler and Short, especially since Butler is another version of Short.

Yeah, hes not a numbers guy but YPP shows in these tweets how Star is a force in the run game. 

23 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. which I'm totally fine with as long as he's good at it. I live in "stiller" country and they still talking about missing cacey Hampton and his whopping 25 tackles a year becuz he was an elite space eater and made the defense tick.

25 tackles would be whopping for Star. He only got 6 last year .

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Our suspicion  has been that it is less than his agent wanted. Agents like to advertise their successes. If Star took less money to go to a coach who got the most out of him in the past (a bridge contract) it might not be something that his agent wants to brag about.

A 5 year bridge contract?

23 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Still no contract numbers for Star? 

I'm hoping this is a good sign that the numbers are team friendly... 

I hope so.  Don't want to overpay for a guy who is really a "space eater."  Looks like the draft is deep w/ those.  

Edited by RyanC883

• SDS pinned this topic
1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I can't see anything less than 5 years $45 million. But I wouldn't be mad if it was under $45 million. 

This was my guess the other day, but I made that guess assuming KW wouldn't be back. Very interesting that no numbers are out yet.

15 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Still no contract numbers for Star? 

I'm hoping this is a good sign that the numbers are team friendly... 

Wouldn't usually bother to post this, but considering how long it's gone without hearing the contract details, this popped up on my timeline last night:

This tweet would seem to imply that Star is getting a larger than expected contract rather than the other way around (or maybe Forbes is just lower on Star than the average person and underestimated his league-wide value).

• Like (+1) 1