DT Star Lotulelei to Bills!

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good comments from Sal C. How many times did a qb slip out of Jerry Hughes' mitts at the last second last season by stepping up in the pocket? I felt like Hughes had a massive pressure season that went unrewarded with sacks.

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

How a fan explains every crappy NFL defensive tackle: "He's a space eater, not a disrupter."

You don't sign space eaters to five-year contracts. This is a bad signing.

you have no idea what the details of the contract are LOL 

Just now, 34-78-83 said:

What is it you're looking for? DT's that fill the plugger role never make the message board HOF's but they're extremely important of course.

We need stuffers, even if he just eats blocks routinely at 8-9 million a year, that's basically what Marcell Dareus did at 18-19 million a year. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The "other reason" Sal says is because they desire to field a 4 man DL.

Did Sal get hit in the head in camp last year?    If the Bills fed him that take they are just f*cking with him at this point.    

Lotulelei is there to shore up the run.........he will have virtually no impact on the passing game...........you want a DT who can keep the QB from stepping up in the pocket get a DT who can collapse it and get in the backfield.:doh:

As of December 3rd this past season, Hughes was 5th in the league in QB pressures. Yet he had only 3 sacks. This signing helps change that.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/03/tom-brady-bill-belichick-jerry-hughes-nfl-week-13/

Hughes, who is 29-years old, has racked up 3.0 sacks, nine tackles for loss and one forced fumble through 11 games. He’s registered only three sacks but has racked up 10 quarterback hits and according to Pro Football Focus, his 34 total pressures rank fifth-most among qualifying edge rushers.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

How a fan explains every crappy NFL defensive tackle: "He's a space eater, not a disrupter."

You don't sign space eaters to five-year contracts. This is a bad signing.

Um, Vince Wilfork was the king at this.

You sign these guys all the time to these deals.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

The "other reason" Sal says is because they desire to field a 4 man DL.

Did Sal get hit in the head in camp last year?    If the Bills fed him that take they are just f*cking with him at this point.    

Lotulelei is there to shore up the run.........he will have virtually no impact on the passing game...........you want a DT who can keep the QB from stepping up in the pocket get a DT who can collapse it and get in the backfield.:doh:

This is not true. A guy who can tie up interior blockers and push the pocket even without getting sacks is very valuable. Carolina has typically gotten excellent DE sack numbers, and if you look at Hughes' pressure numbers last year, something was wrong. Too many times QBs escaped from him by simply stepping up in the pocket.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, McBean said:

I trust the process and so should you.

Same.  I'm giving them a lot of rope.  They've earned it.

Star is a space eater.  He wasn't my first choice, but I'm good with this.  He's a great fit for Beane and McDermott's vision.

I'm now all but certain Rosen will not be the pick.  Neither will Mayfield.  It's Darnold or Allen.  "Process" guys.